Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 08:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
564 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Moving slowly

Started by jskibo, August 11, 2011, 12:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Not much progress on my cockpit lately.  The basement construction is a month behind schedule.  We wanted to have a Labor Day party then open up the bar and the 138" screen for NFL kickoff and that's obviously not going to happen.  That impacts when I can clear out the garage so they can finish insulating and drywalling (and adding additional power for Projectors and PC's).

To add to the fun I decided to go back and finsh my Instrument rating before we start getting icing conditions here again, so I will be out at the airport Saturday with my butt back in a Warrior II to see how rusty I have gotten.  As soon as that is done I'm going to look for someone to split some single or multi time with to get me up to commercial numbers (about 90 to go after my Instrument).  Might just buy some block time and take a week off for 50 hours of seeing the Southern and Western States over the winter.

Sim will likely move slowly over the next couple months.  I envy you guys that are complete!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Quote from: jskibo on August 11, 2011, 12:52:58 PM

Sim will likely move slowly over the next couple months.  I envy you guys that are complete!

and I envy you for flying real planes  :). Nothing beats the feeling of really being up in the air and I miss that feeling since I stopped real flying a long time ago. It's always more exciting when your life is really on the line if you screw up  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jskibo

Sounds like a cross country up to see Maurice's sim might be in order sometime.  I'll take you up in the warrior, you take me up in the '37 :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Quote from: jskibo on August 12, 2011, 04:41:42 AM
Sounds like a cross country up to see Maurice's sim might be in order sometime.  I'll take you up in the warrior, you take me up in the '37 :)

Just name the day and I'll be at the airport waiting  :). There is a very nice long runway here at the Muskoka airport and nice scenery as well. In fact, the lakes are so 'real' you can see the fishes frolicking below the surface...much better than FSX scenery  ;D.

And oh yeah, the Muskoka airport is also a port of entry to Canada, so what are you waiting for  ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate