Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
335 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 335
Total: 335

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PMDG NGX and Prosim737

Started by 727737Nut, August 12, 2011, 09:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Just a quick update,

I now have Prosim 737 and the new PMDG NGX working well together.  The NGX retains full animations and lights.  So far I am very pleased with the results.   Great flight model and sounds. To bad Mike L. isn't close by to test. LOL

Rob
737 Junkie

fly_ebos

I think we're all curious to know as to how you've accomplished this!

great job

ian@737ng.co.uk

g'day chaps........
well i have been playing with Prosim for a few weeks and i have to say, i'm pretty pleased with how it's all working out.   mind you, i am using it with the old PMDG 737.  i've hooked my Prosim machines upto my cockpit network and am now flying routes with it.
have already installed the Phidget's card and when i come back from my holidays (yes, another one).   i want to get working with the switch integration.
so, i also would be interested in more information on how you did this in FSX because i may just have to think about upgrading one of these days.......
regds

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

jackpilot

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on August 13, 2011, 12:35:00 AM
g'day chaps........
i also would be interested in more information on how you did this in FSX because i may just have to think about upgrading one of these days.......
regds
ian
Hey Ian
Save yourself aggravation, "Flight" will bring back everyone to the drawing board!  :laugh:
JP

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

"Hey Ian
Save yourself aggravation, "Flight" will bring back everyone to the drawing board! 
JP"

well i might as well stick with what i've got and go on another holiday :o))
why oh why, do these b******ds keep moving the goal posts :o))
thanks for that Jack, maybe not such a bad idea
rgds

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

bussgarfield

Hi Rob.

Any chance of a few hints and tips on how you got Prosim to talk to the NGX.

I have had the plane since day one but due to relatives visiting I have not had too much of a chance to fly apart from a sneaked afternoon to have a go at the tutorial.
My Opencockpit radios interact just fine but the MCP is another story. Any advice you could pass to us would I am sure be gratefully received.

Progress is a wonderful thing Ian - don't knock it. Just think where a lot of us would be today if you hadn't moved those goal posts.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

sluyt050

Quote from: 727737Nut on August 12, 2011, 09:21:37 AM
Just a quick update,

I now have Prosim 737 and the new PMDG NGX working well together.  The NGX retains full animations and lights.  So far I am very pleased with the results.   Great flight model and sounds. To bad Mike L. isn't close by to test. LOL

Rob
Hi Rob,

I am very anxious to learn what you did to let PMDG737 NGX and ProSim737 work together. Alternative is the Jetstream model, but I found out that some very nice PMDG (gauge) sounds are hard to implement in ProSim. BTW are your still satisfied with PMDG or is the Jetstream flight model actually better in the end (as the makers claim)?

Besides Prosim, I found out one disadvantage of PMDG when using Wideview clients for scenery. The landing Lights don't work on the clients.

Thanks,
Edward
Edward

willow

Greetings

Did anyone find out how to combine the PMDG NGX with ProSim737 ?

Cheers, WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

quid246

I haven't dared try but probably can be done with FSUIPC and simulated mouse clicks.

willow

Quote from: quid246 on November 25, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
I haven't dared try but probably can be done with FSUIPC and simulated mouse clicks.

I was more curious than anything else.  My futile attempts at NGX integration have somewhat failed...., other than using the engine sounds.

'mouse clicks '  - that sounds like a nasty habit.     Best,   WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

blueskydriver

Hey Willow,

Send Rob (the original) poster of this thread a PM. He is a great guy and would likely explain it all too you...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

willow

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 26, 2014, 02:50:57 AM
Hey Willow,

Send Rob (the original) poster of this thread a PM. He is a great guy and would likely explain it all too you...

John

Will do John - Cheers,  WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate