Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 06:05:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
500 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 500
Total: 500

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Flight Planning Software

Started by matta757, September 11, 2011, 01:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhysb

Maurice,,

All you need to do is select the runway your landing on first, normally you can do this by looking at the weather metar rather than having to rely on act once you have selected the runway in the fmc the only stars for that runway are displayed on the left of the fmc.

I think a tea speak flight together will show you the way, you don't need all the programs etc to do it as once you have been shown the real way to do it, it's like riding a bike you won't forget it :)
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on September 13, 2011, 12:35:30 PM
once you have selected the runway in the fmc the only stars for that runway are displayed on the left of the fmc.

That's what I always thought how it worked or should work and I have tried that but in many cases, the route that it sent me on was way out in the boondocks and definitely not the shortest route.

Maybe the FMCs in the real world are more accurate but I don't think they are in most flight sim software, at least not in the ones I know about.

Having said that, I would love to fly online with you and get tips on real world operations. I should be ready in a few weeks hopefully after I mount my overhead and tie up a few loose ends.

Thanks,

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate