Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:04:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
540 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

THe start of a Kingair B200

Started by Bob Reed, September 13, 2011, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well get this... I am working on my sim. Pilot and co-pilot yokes are installed. Thank you Xorin and Blueskydriver!! YOu both know why....

hexpope

Great, cant wait to see your progress. should be a interesting build.

Sent from my android froyo @ FL370

Bob Reed

As promised, pics of todays work so far. The CH yoke body will be behind the MIP so I will need to extend the shafts of the yokes. The TQ is not the one I will be using in the build, but it will allow me to start flying. Now all I need is a good flight model.

Just a few shots of the start:

[smg id=57]

[smg id=59]

[smg id=60]

[smg id=58]

727737Nut

Is it going to be G1000 equipped or standard mix of glass and steam?  Off to good start!
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Quote from: 727737Nut on September 13, 2011, 09:47:17 AM
Is it going to be G1000 equipped or standard mix of glass and steam?  Off to good start!

Going to be Avidyne. Much simpler to use then the Garmin. Besides, I have the Avidyne software already.

Tyler Reed

Looks good so far...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
- Tyler Reed

phil744

Ahh Bob the builder returns!!!! welcome back and keep up the progress

Phil

Sent from my normal everyday desktop style computer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

Bob Reed

Here is the TQ I got from Kennair. It is going to be very nice once I get it interfaced.

[smg id=64]

[smg id=63]

[smg id=62]

[smg id=61]

Bob Reed

Now I have told a number of you I have no room. Here are a few pics (don't mind the mess I am building lol) This will give you an idea how little room I have. This is the office, Sim room, Workshop..... ext ext ext......

[smg id=65]

[smg id=66]

[smg id=67]

[smg id=68]

[smg id=69]

[smg id=70]

[smg id=71]

Trevor Hale

WOW you wern't kidding..  Not a lot of room thats for darn sure.  Here is a question...  Why do you have the goflight tq installed and not that other beauty.  Man thats awesome..

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

hexpope

Thats hardly a goflight module modded is it ? Doesn't look like it to me. When I can see the guts of it.

Bob Reed

Quote from: Trevor Hale on September 13, 2011, 12:11:22 PM
WOW you wern't kidding..  Not a lot of room thats for darn sure.  Here is a question...  Why do you have the goflight tq installed and not that other beauty.  Man thats awesome..

Trev

Thats because that TQ is not interfaced yet.......

Trevor Hale

Hexpope..If you look at the pictures AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD you will  see pictures of a goflight TQ installed in his MIP Stand. 
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Maurice

Bob,

When I started building my 737 in my old house, I had much less room than you and I still managed to fit a platform for a dual seater and one projector for the visuals with a 60" image. At that time I thought this was heaven so lack of space is a pain but from the pictures you posted, it looks to me like you can end up with a very nice setup and I see that you are off to a very good start already.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Tyler Reed

I can't wait to start hooking my interface card to it...  that will be fun I think...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
- Tyler Reed

hexpope

@ trev, I think thats a ch product. Well it looks like it from this side

Sent from my android froyo @ FL370

Trevor Hale

Perhaps, but regardless I was asking because if it were me I would be using the monster B200 throttle instead.  Looks great BOB
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Quote from: maurice on September 13, 2011, 01:28:23 PM
Bob,

When I started building my 737 in my old house, I had much less room than you and I still managed to fit a platform for a dual seater and one projector for the visuals with a 60" image. At that time I thought this was heaven so lack of space is a pain but from the pictures you posted, it looks to me like you can end up with a very nice setup and I see that you are off to a very good start already.

Maurice

If all I had to do down here was the sim, I would have lots of room. But it is also where I work, so it is the shop, office and simroom..... Just have to keep things out of the way...lol  :P

shaneb

Hey Bob,

Looking forward to seeing those KA parts start coming together!  Like that throttle!     :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Bob Reed

Quote from: hexpope on September 13, 2011, 12:54:54 PM
Thats hardly a goflight module modded is it ? Doesn't look like it to me. When I can see the guts of it.

Well the first pic is a shot of the guts. I will try to get a better pic of them but there is not a lot I can do except get a little closer. Kennair built this baby from scratch. All it cost me was the shipping to get it here from his home down under. May have to make a few changes to it bit it does look good!

XOrionFE

Can't wait to see this thing take shape Bob

Scott

Bob Reed

THink I just made a huge step in the sim. Looks like I can strip what I don;t want out of the Airoworx B200 flight package. This was a huge stumbling block.

Bob Reed

Started on the backers for my Ruscool B200 panels tonight. Should have some pics tomorrow.

Kennair

Bob, glad to see my baby finding a new home and new lease of life.  It was in pretty poor shape in my garage.  You're not kidding about the room limitations!  All looks very busy but also lots of fun.  Can't wait to see it all come together and I'm envious of the GA build, so tempted to go back to the PC12!!!!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

NeoMorph

Bob, how are you doing the backlighting to the panels. I originally tried arrays behind the panels but was getting too much light bleed in places. My new ones have light dams between the various colours which helps.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate