Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 10:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
551 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 551
Total: 552

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

THe start of a Kingair B200

Started by Bob Reed, September 13, 2011, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well it will be experimentation for sure, but I will work with leds from behind the panels not the first time I have worked with backlighting. If there is bleed I will deal with it.

jackpilot

Jack

NeoMorph

It's not the lighting but the colour bleed. Some of the ATR overhead has White labels next to other colours. That's where the problem has been for me.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

All I am going to do is backlight so only one color to deal with. I want a functional, fare looking aircraft. I am not building a model. If I want a model I will go buy one. One has to remember unless you have very deep pockets and never want there sim flyable,  there has to be some compromise or you will spend the rest of your days wanting and trying to build the perfect sim.

This is message is for me so I don't forget this!!! I keep having to tell my self the FAA will not be looking at my sim.  :P ;D

Bob Reed

The other thing to remember is that most B200s do not have back lit panels anyway.

NeoMorph

Oops! :face palm:

I fixed my light bleed prob today. Routed out channels and glued black plastic in them. Yay for my new Dremel Trio. Will have to post some pics of before and after if I can master this damn camera. Colours come out all wrong for some reason.

Oh and Bob, I'm just OCD at times. ;)

Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Well more progress tonight. We have one of the Pilot side panels mounted to it's backer and switches installed and wired. (pic before I go to bed) These are the Ruscool panels. Very happy with them. Should be programing tomorrow. This thing may be flyable by the end of the weekend.  :P

Bob Reed

Ok here are the pics I promised. I was using the on camera flash, I will get better pics of the front of the panels tomorrow with my good flash so I can get rid of the glare.

[smg id=75]

[smg id=76]

[smg id=77]

[smg id=79]

[smg id=80]

[smg id=81]

shaneb

Looks like you are having some fun!  Like the looks of that  panel!     :idiot:       
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

NeoMorph

Going to have to use pc to view pics I think. Tapatalk isn't showing them.

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on September 16, 2011, 07:42:07 PM
Going to have to use pc to view pics I think. Tapatalk isn't showing them.

They did not size properly, that may be why.

rhysb

One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Kennair

Love those panels Bob.  I can hear the whine of those PT6A's now, winding up as you flick the start switches.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

Well more done on the sim. Not a lot but more progress. Things may slow down a bit over the next few weeks as I need some help from a friend that is busy until next month some time.  :'(

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate