Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CNN Flight Simulator

Started by FredK, March 23, 2014, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

CNN in the U.S. has been broadcasting just about non-stop coverage of the Flight 370 incident since it happened. Several recent segments have featured reenactments of various flight scenarios using a 777 cockpit simulator.  For example, this evening they demonstrated an emergency rapid descent procedure relative to the new information that has surfaced.

Does anyone know who the simulator they are using belongs to?  What avionics software?  CNN notes that the simulator is located in Missassauga, Ontario and that it is an "entertainment" simulator, not a commercial simulator.  Looks like a sophisticated setup though.  I did not catch the fellow's name who is demonstrating flying it.

Just curious about it.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Maurice

http://uflysimulator.ca

I'm sure Steve Cos will chime in very soon. :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Sam Llorca

Hi, I had the same question, I was just talking to my wife about it last night, I said, I'm willing to bet that they're using FDS 777, it looks just like it, I believe is the new experience center that just open up on Missassauga Ontario, I remember reading about it, looks great tho!!! Cheers.

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Jetcos

Hi Maurice,

I am in the UK doing an install, working with Nat and Mark (with great assistance from Ralph W.)

That is ours and I believe you have flown that one. It was delivered last Oct. Has been in operation since their Grand Opening.

I have also seen news footage with our A320 in Subang, Malaysia and an FDS B737 in the UK.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

HarryZ

Hi Maurice,

That 777's visuals consist of 3 - BenQ 1080ST  HD projectors with a viewing area of about 200 degrees.  I installed the visual system in it last fall.  Warpalizer is the blending software.

They use Flight Environment to enhance the sky/weather scenery.  The part of the world they are flying in for CNN has the default FS X land scenery.

uFly has added a small fuselage section to the back of the sim and have done it up very nicely. Having flown the sim a couple of times,  it's typical of FDS's quality work and look.

Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

goof2092

Quote from: Jetcos on March 24, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Hi Maurice,

I am in the UK doing an install, working with Nat and Mark (with great assistance from Ralph W.)

That is ours and I believe you have flown that one. It was delivered last Oct. Has been in operation since their Grand Opening.

I have also seen news footage with our A320 in Subang, Malaysia and an FDS B737 in the UK.

I saw that and was wondering as well. Good to see.
Steve, please do tell Mark I got the package. I see now why he has not responded to my mail: busy installing gear.

Regards

Anthony
mac bookpro, 4GB RAM, 2.4GHz Core i5, Mac OSX 10.6.8.
x-plane 10.25, sioc, uipcx, flywithLua, Teensyduino

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate