Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
586 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 586
Total: 586

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Visitor from across the pond from Fordgt40

Started by XOrionFE, October 25, 2011, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

I was very thrilled last weekend to have David (fordgt40) and his brother Peter over for a visit this last Saturday to enjoy the sim and great conversation.  David got to do some flying around KSFO and experience the wraparound view of three projectors and NThusim for the first time and my sense was that he really enjoyed the view though I will let him speak for himself.   I am really looking forward to seeing David's cockpit come together as it sounds like he is really building an incredible sim.

Thank you again David and Peter for a great time and for stopping in.

If anyone is ever in the Chicago area out west by Aurora airport (KARR) please don't hesitate to drop me a line and come visit.  I would love to have you.

Scott

fordgt40

Many thanks Scott

Now back across the pond and did not leave too much money in Vegas!

I cannot enthuse too much about my experience in Scott`s  simulator. It was really
immersive and I actually thought I was moving when banking at the end of climb out  :)

Indeed it was so real that coupled with my haste to fly, I suffered from information
overload and made a total c*ck*p of the flight. Despite gentle advice from Scott about the
shortness of Midway runway (halfway along!!), I made an undignified excursion into the houses causing a restart.  :(

A relocation to San Franciso helped me get into the air, though the landing was interesting requiring much throttle adjustment from
the F/E at the back (Scott)

Clearly, my flying skills have not kept apace with construction!

If anyone gets the opportunity to try Scott`s sim, then you will not be disappointed and
the "total immersion" is an incredible experience.

David

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate