Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 12:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
54 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Almost ready to build again....

Started by jskibo, October 22, 2011, 05:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Been busting my butt in the basement trying to get the theater and bar done.  Once its complete I can get back to building my cockpit.

Its an 8 seat wet bar with a keg system.  Will have a 50" Plasma between the cabinets and a 42" LED TV to the right of the bar (good view from any angle that way).  Wife picked the chicago bears colors for the bar.

Theater is a 9 seat, with 138" Cinemascope screen. 7.2 surrond (second sub is under the riser to give the seats a little bump)

Turning out pretty good so far:

Now I'll have a place to relax when not flying, or a place to entertain those who stop by to fly with me :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

DaveK

wow John thats one beautiful room... great work on the timberwork.

Aerosim Solutions

So does the sim come up through the floor!!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

jskibo

I had to give up the basment sim plan for this, but not unhappy.  We added a third bay to the garage and that's all mine.  Had it all insullated and drywalled with can lighting installed already.  Now I have 12 x 22 to play with in that area.  Also had a dedicated 20 amp for the PJ's on the ceiling and another 20 amp for the PC's.

Watched some movies and football this weekend since the Projector came in.  Looking nice:

Bar TV's hung up:

A little bit more wiring to do, need to seal the floor (slate) and paint the bathroom.  Then its back to the garage and the sim.  First I need to build a platform and mount the MIP.  Trying to get an order in for a yoke from Ali this week.  Seats should be ready to ship soon, then time to start ordering the shell and the overhead stuff.  Going to work captain side functionality first, then save to add FO yoke, CDU and pedals.

Maybe fully complete (both sides) by World Flight next year.  Those who don't fly, can enjoy the bar and a "in-Flight" movie in the basement "lounge" :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Aerosim Solutions

Hi John, for your consideration!
I am developing B737 Fwd Overhead panels which are nearly ready. My partner and I have the panels and backplates done we just have to develop the annunciator boxes. These will be offered just as panels, backplate and annunciators. There will be no switches fitted, this is for the owner to do. This will keep the price down and it should end up a very good competitive product! I do have all B737 panel knob molds including rudder trim by the way!

Cheers,
Gwyn
Aerosim Solutions
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

MLeavy737

Wow that looks awesome!! Put the sim down there and there is no reason to leave the house... Ever!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate