Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 04:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
432 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 432
Total: 432

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Video - Landing at Innsbruck in the 737 tonight

Started by XOrionFE, October 22, 2011, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Don and I had a great flight from Zurich to Innsbruck which was the first time we tried the Aerosoft Innsbruck scenery I just got.   No problem on framerates in the sim  (FSX) as you can see.   Sim-Avionics also performed flawlessly with us running the terrain radar which you will see nicely on the Captains ND.    Go easy on Don as it was his first attempt on this one.   I thought he did an excellent job myself.    Camera guy did well too I think :-)!

http://youtu.be/MiThNYfiwCA

Scott

Bob Reed

Real nice job I thought. Hmmmm seems though I have some Australian scenery for FS9 someplace too. Probably more software i have bought and because I downloaded it will have to re buy it.....

DaveK

hahaha Bob, that should be Austria ... not australia

Alexandrite

matta757

Really awesome video and setup you have there Scott.

Bob Reed

Quote from: DaveK on October 23, 2011, 01:46:23 AM

lol no I am pretty sure it was Australia.....

DaveK

Quote from: Bob Reed on October 23, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: DaveK on October 23, 2011, 01:46:23 AM

lol no I am pretty sure it was Australia.....

one of us is confused, probably me, but Innsbruck is in Austria, we have Innesfail or Inverell, there is even a Glen Innes but no Innsbruck... or did I totally misread ur post? ... lol

shaneb

Nice video Scott . . good job landing Don!  Your sim is awesome . . hope I can make it up there some day to take a look in person!    :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

fsaviator

Awesome.  You're too hard on Don... ;)

That was a great landing as far as I can tell.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

bnepethomas

Top video, and nice view out the Windows, looks like a fun place to put the wheels down.

dharrison

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. I have to say I was a bit high on final, so it was probably not the most comfortable ride for the folks in back. The charts indicate 3700ft on the downwind, I have to say I stopped at 4000ft because I just didn't trust it. Felt too low. I should have listened as it would have rolled me out at the right height on final.

Scott's sim is really great and the fact that I had to the ablity (due to the visuals) to crank my head over and lean in to see the runway on the base leg turn was really great.

Finally a nod to Sim-A. What fantastic software. The EGPWS is really great as you can see from the ND.

Don

jetpilot

Great job guys.
Hey Scott, it seems like the overhead is already in place??
Roberto

XOrionFE

Quote from: jetpilot on October 24, 2011, 08:15:52 AM
Great job guys.
Hey Scott, it seems like the overhead is already in place??
Roberto

Very observant Roberto but alas....
It is not wired :-(

I am doing the wiring now but Don and I couldnt resist putting it up temporarily in place for our flying this weekend.     It is hard not to keep your hands off the switches!    Even not powered it still allowed us to do flows and checklists so it was a lot of fun.   I am definitely hoping to have it in place by the time you get out here in a couple weeks.

Scott

PS - Don flew great.....in fact, he is an excellent pilot and usually assumes the Captain's seat when we fly as I am still very much in training!

Nat Crea

Damn Nice video Scott!
and damn nice scenery...Im getting that for sure...

Nat

XOrionFE

Quote from: melnato on October 25, 2011, 01:24:14 AM
Damn Nice video Scott!
and damn nice scenery...Im getting that for sure...

Nat

thank you Nat. LOWI and a 210 degree wraparound are just made for each other.  Having the peripheral vision out the sides when descending into that valley is really something and you can really get that claustrophobic feeling.  Definitely a must have addon.

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

Not bad at all Don. I love that approach. Follow the procedure it'll go smooth. 30° of bank and hold it in the 180°. You'll roll out on the centerline everytime if you're at speed.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate