Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
503 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WHO WANTS JETFUEL OR GAS FUEL "SCENT"?

Started by blueskydriver, December 14, 2011, 09:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Amazingly, there is a way to get Jet Fuel Scent, as well as Gasoline Scent and others!

Question: What does Jet Fuel smell like too you?

Answer: If you say, "kerosene" like fuel smell, then I can say I've found it!

Do you want to know how and where to get it?

Okay, here it goes:

A company in California sells scented pellets that can be used for Haunted House events or events where scents are needed. The pellets can be purchased separately or you can get them with a fan/blower unit.

The pellets come in different sizes and at different prices.

I purchased a small Jet Fuel scent pouch for testing and it smells exactly like Jet Fuel, sort of like Kerosene.

I took a Glade Air Freshener plug-in with a fan, replaced the scent it had with the Jet Fuel pellets (12 small pellets) mixed with water (took the water out  and added more pellets on the second test and it was stronger).

Plugged the Air Freshener in near the Cockpit and now have a hint of Jet Fuel in the room/air.

The steps I took above were just a way for me to figure if this would work. A proper, specially made, plug-in Air Freshener would be better or you could purchase a smaller battery operated fan/blower version from the company for $119.

Here is the link for the website that sells the scent:

http://www.hauntedprops.com/

This link will take you to the correct page of the scents:

http://www.hauntedprops.com/Halloween-Masks-s/161.htm

I am putting this out for everyone openly; however, if someone markets this, please at least offer me the product for free...sense I did the leg work so to speak and posted the idea.

Finally, you can have the "Sight, Sound and Smell" for your cockpit or simulator facility you've been looking...uh, sniffing for.

Thank you,

BlueSkyDriver
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

matta757

Great idea!

I actually had a similar idea but with COFFEE instead. I was going to take a coffee canister, attach a hose to it, attach a fan to the hose and blow the smell into my flightdeck.

I feel like coffee and jetfuel are the 2 smells that would complete the setup!

blueskydriver

You should be able to get Coffee. Here is a list and it looks like you can request others not listed:

Designed for the Scent Machine. Each cartridge last up to 30 days. Available scents are endless. Below are the most commonly requested scents.
HAPPY HOUR - Cosmopolitan Lemonade Citrus Zest Mint Julep Mimosa Apple Martini Piña Colada Flavored Margaritas Strawberry Smoothie Espresso-Cappuccino Hot Chocolate & French Vanilla.
FRESH BAKED GOODS - Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Sugar Cookies, Vanilla, Hot Apple Pie, Gingerbread, Birthday Cake, Cinnamon Buns & Fresh Baked Bread.
FUN STUFF - Sushi, Cotton, Candy, Magic Marker, Popcorn, Waffle Cone, Pretzel, Leather, Dreamsicle, Vinyl, Crayon, Locker Room, Bubble Gum, Barbeque, Churro, & Basement.
FLOWER SHOP - Wedding Bouquet, Cherry Blossom, Flower Shop, Lilacs, Rose Garden, Roses, Jasmine, Floral Bouquet, Wildflowers, Lavender, White Gardenia, Wild Blossom, Floral, Potpourri, Plumaria, & Honeysuckle.
FARMERS MARKET - Delicious Apple, Peaches, Tomato, Pineapple, Cucumber, Orange Slices, Mango Madness, Fresh Citrus & Coconut.
THE CANDY BAR - Cherry Bon Bons, Fruit Drops, Sunshine Fruity, Mint Chocolate, Banana Taffy, Strawberry Burst, Spearmint, Peppermint Patty & Chocolate.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS – Snow, Spring, Fresh Linen, Grass, Ocean, Rain Forest, Sagebrush, Island Breeze, Mountain Air, happy Day, Burning Rubber, Wet Dog & Stable.
CELEBRATIONS - Christmas Tree, Fireworks, Spiced Apple Cider, Peppermint Stick, Holiday Spice, Baby Shower, Engagement Party, Grand Opening, Cocktail Party, Easter, & New Years Eve.
Theme Parks – Urine, Sulfur, Flatulence, body odor, smelly feet, bad breathe and much more.

BSD

Matt, I sent you a PM...
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

I can't beleive they have the jet fuel scent bag.  I would be wanting to check to make sure that the scent isn't really balls dipped in real jet fuel, otherwise you may end up with a bang at some point.  But What a great thing.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Yeah Trev, talk about blowing out your nose! Seriously though, it is not kerosene, it is chemical fabricated scent, that is non-toxic.

Yesterday, I just threw the pouch on the fan for about 30mins and OMG! It smelled like the airport big time. Karen came home from work and was overwhelmed by it. Not in a bad way, but she said it was strong. So, the amount of time you lay it on the fan will dictate the strength of the smell...

I think it is awesome though...

BSD

wledzian

...or you could soak a normal buna o-ring in kerosene for a day.  The jet fuel stink will take years to dissipate.
(I've got one from a 747 fuel line in my desk - it still stinks of jet fuel nine years later.)

Trevor Hale

Thats awesome Stuff..  I love it.  may have to invest in some of that stuff.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

The ultimate has finally landed, ...Jet A soaked balls for Men  :laugh:

PS: apparently stocks are depleted since yesterday, massive shipment being sent to Gravenhurst , Ont.
Hum!

Jack

Maurice

Well, my wife suffers from motion sickness & often throws up when she flies and the smell of jet fuel makes her sick as well so this does indeed look like a perfect combination for ultimate sim realism.

But I think she might draw the line at ventilating 'jet A soaked balls' or cleaning up the mess in the cockpit afterwards. She loves me I think, but maybe/definitely not that much.

Maurice
p.s. you are all very sick puppies, especially blueskydriver who did all this 'research' in the name of simming, a.k.a insanity  ::). Now, what was that site again...hauntedprops I think?.
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

MLeavy737

Are you guys fuelers or pilots? Lol.   The only time a flightdeck smells like JetA is when a fuel soaked Ramper comes up to hand off the fuel ticket.. That smell is quickly replaced by coffee and whatever is cooking in the oven for first class!

Well actually one more time.. When your on a taxiway and your too close to the plane ahead of you, it may smell all little bit from the exhaust of him getting injested into your engine. if you want real write some code that releases the scent when your behind another airplane on a taxiway.  Other then that, brew some coffee :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

You guys know I am certified insane, so as it may be, it is more fun to be insane and knowing it as opposed to second guessing myself. For me it's no guessing at all and now I got JetFuel Scent to add to the list of me being disturbed...

Mike you're right about all you say, but since I am a "Nut-Job Simulator Pilot", this is just a part of simulating outside the cockpit. So, when someone visits, they will say "Man! It even smells like the Damn Airport in here"

Albeit, I like your idea; just need to add a relay to the fan and hook it up to FSUIPC Main Door Exit Open/Close offset and maybe something from the TCAS offsets for the closeness factor while taxiing. LOL  :idiot:

Think I might need to order the coffee scent, as well as the sweat (for the big overweight passengers), bad feet (for the teenager who took off his shoes), cheap perfume (for the ole' grandma), urine (for the broken and leaking lav), flatulence (for the Co-pilot...uh, yeap cut that one...lol), body odor (for the entire cabin), and bad breathe (for the drunk in First Class who wouldn't stop playing his game and ran into the lav...)

My OCD at it's best and you can really smell it...rotfl really lol.  ;D

BSD

MLeavy737

Lol! Hopefully by now everyone knows im mesing with ya'll lol!

Hey dont forget the puke smell for the people who tossed thier cookies thanks to the rough ride!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

Yep we know your just joshing; besides Mike, just because you're a real "OMG HE IS SO LUCKY" pilot doesn't mean you're not like the other crazies in here...

My question is, how did you fool the medical doctor to certify you for flight?

I tried and he says "You're kidding right? I've read some of those postings on Cockpitbuilders.com and just about any member on there is a Straight Jacket waiting to happen!" Then, I asked him how he knows about Cockpitbuilders.com?...lol

BSD

Ps. I put the pouch on for 30 mins on Tuesday and the scent lasted till this morning. It's back on now for another 30 mins. The funny thing is, I like the smell and it makes me feel more connected to the simulator. Uh, what I mean is, when I come out to the sim room and smell the scent, I think "alright, time to fly and have fun, as well as forget the worries of other things". So, it's an association factor; the way you think of home when you smell baked cookies...or in Mike's case, he has to think "I can't wait to get home" when he smells punked cookies... ;D :eek: lol

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate