Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
350 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Well it's happened, the sim going through the side of the house!

Started by 727737Nut, December 22, 2011, 02:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Well friday was a very busy and long day for me. As soon as the wife left for work at 6:30am, I opened up the side of my house for a direct shot down to my basement. I put 2 2"x12" planks down my stairs, one rope, one ford truck, my brother, and presto, 1000lbs worth of sim is in the basement! We were done and I had the house back together by noon!!

Just to give you an idea of physics working here, when the sim crested the wall and started down, my brother only had to take his foot off the brake as the steep angle and weight of the sim literally pulled his truck up the small hill towards my house! And to think I was inside below this thing guiding it down the stairs, yikes!! Allot of help from God on this one!

I had the sim back together and working by 10pm that night. We are all having a blast playing in it. Anxious now to start figuring out how to interface this analog computer to today's digital computer and a flightsim software. It outputs analog voltages for all parameters so it is possible to keep it all orginal and still interface it to the sim. Hint hint, looking for an engineer to help here. i will pay you!

I had to read some old manuals and re-learn how to fly IFR on steam gauges. LOL
Lots of fun though with the motion and added realism of all the real gauges working.
Rob

737 Junkie

shaneb

Awesome . . glad to see you were able to get the sim in the basement with no injury! . . to the sim or you!  Good to see the wife still smiling at the end of the day also!  That sim would have to be alot of fun . . good luck on getting the interfacing sorted out!      :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Rob..you re a nut as the name says.....
and curiously you have a supporting and smiling better half!
How did you sweet talked her into ripping the house open???  :laugh:

Wife and kids having fun with you is the greatest Xmas gift you can ask for :-\
Cheers
Jack

Jack

Bob Reed

Personally, I don't think she knew he was taking the side of the house apart... But that is just my thoughts on it.... LOL  ;) ;D

727737Nut

Trust me, i must have told her a dozen times what i was doing but when i actually did it, well, she was a nervous wreck!   But she is happy now as all is back together.   Learned some new skills as I did this entry project, drywall, siding, and ramp building. :)
737 Junkie

jackpilot

Jack

shaneb

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

XOrionFE

I am at a loss for words.   Pretty awesome Rob.   Next time I come I wont have to freeze my ass off in the garage now and may get a longer ride in that thing!

Scott

727737Nut

Funny one Scott!   One thing for sure, that Garmin 1000 spoiled me!  I get eye fatigue scanning all these gauges while flying.   I would like to see some instrument rated pilots fly this thing.  I need to learn it all over.   If any of you are in the area feel free to stop by.  I have a spare room if needed.

Rob
737 Junkie

Trevor Hale

Wow..  Man I can't wait to show my wife this....  I asked if I could do the same thing at our house for the Beech 99, and My wife said...... "are you out of your freggen mind?" LOL  Least I can show her that I am not the only nutcase in this hobby LOL.

Thanks Rob for the extra help on this one :)

PS, I know Mike Powell would be a great place to start if your looking for soem advice interfacing this bad boy.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate