Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
509 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 509
Total: 509

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Testing Video with Prosim737 and a look at my beautiful FDS overhead

Started by XOrionFE, January 01, 2012, 07:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hello all and Happy New Year,

While I have been quiet lately I have also been fairly busy with the Simulator.   I dont believe I ever posted a picture of my completed FDS overhead panels so here is a chance to see them.   Also in this video I am doing a start up testing Prosim software.   I have been testing it for about 2 months now and it is very very impressive.     As many of you are aware I also have Sim-Avionics which is excellent software.    I like to keep options open as I have such a large investment in the simulator so I decided to give Prosim a go to see how it compares.    I am not going to get into a discussion of the pluses and minuses of each so please dont ask me to as it is easy enough for you to download and evaluate each for yourselves.    I will say that the Sim-Avionics and FDS SYS card combination is fairly close to plug and play and using SYS cards with Prosim requires some extra work though not that difficult.    Both softwares are feature rich and work well.    An interesting note on Prosim is that they recently created and have their own flight model for the 737 now which makes it a nicely integrated package with their software.  The rest of the differences I will humbly keep to myself :-)

Anyway, here is the video and you can get a feel for Prosim to some degree.    I will just point out again how in love I am with my overhead and the FDS panels in general.    Kinda like sitting in front of a Xmas tree as a child!

http://youtu.be/EMQh5x7AGZA

Scott

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Thanks for sharing the video . . really nice seeing the progress you have made on your build! Looks great!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

dharrison

Themax

Hello,

Your setup is just amazing ! I'm sure you will have great flights with it on Prosim737. Got some questions/remarks :

- Just a small tip : the 737 APU always uses fuel from pump number 1 ;-) Here is a scheme of the fuel system :

- I saw your video about the engine start switches with a standard size servo and wow that's a great idea. I'm thinking of reproducing your idea on my overhead but I wonder if you got it working with Prosim ? What interface do you use for that servo and how did you set it up ?

Thank you and Happy new year !

Maxime.

XOrionFE

Hello Maxime

Thanks regarding the APU.   I am aware of it but as I said in the video I was just really firing stuff up fast and not really following a flow...just testing stuff.  Hard to cram everything in a 10 minute video...lol.   Actually don't have to turn on the pump but it is recommended if you will be operating the APU for any length of time in order to save the life of the APU fuel control but it is not required.

As for the start swtches, I have not hooked up the servo yet.   I have a Phidgets card I planned on using for this purpose but have never even tried programming one so like you I would love to get some advice on this from someone who has worked with one of these.  I am guessing it won't be too hard to do.   Btw, your setup is looking great.  How are you liking the ProSim flight model?   Don and I did some flight testing last night on Vatsim and were both really impressed with both ProSim and the new Jetstream Flight model.

Scott

Themax

Hello,

Switching to Prosim is one of the best thing I've done so far on my sim ! Even if it's only software, It boosted the realism by 200%. Now all my hardware is correctly supported and everything is just working like real, amazing ! I'm running on fs9 so I can't use the model unfortunately. I really hope they are going to make a fs9 jetstream model. I'm now giving X-plane 9 a try and see if there's some compatibility with prosim even if it's not fully supported. I'm really sick of the stutters of fs9. X-plane runs at 60fps here on my setup which makes you feel like you're sitting in a real plane. Even the runway levels and depth view makes this an amazing sim. BUT, the 737 model is not that good and prosim is not officialy supported. At the moment I really don't know what to do.

I whish you a lot of great moments on your sim in 2012 ! Happy new year !

Maxime.

XOrionFE

Your a braver man than me Maxime.     Sounds like Xplane would just be a can of worms but good luck.

FYI - I posted two more videos

MLeavy737

Awesome video Scott! Sim looks great man! Hey, invite me up there to fly it and ill show you how to set up 737 in about 3 mins :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

XOrionFE

Thanks Mike

You are welcome anytime and I would love to have you visit.  Do you ever fly through Chicago?  I would be happy to meet you at ORD or MDW and pick you then drop you back off.  I live about 45 minutes from either airport.

Scott

MLeavy737

Scott,
  That would be awesome! I fly through and overnite in ORD all the time! Ill definately let you know when i layover there! Its possible i may even be based there sometime this year due to the merger. If that was the case i would be up there in a crashpad, or your basement :)
  Still diggin for fire light.. Either way ill get you one btw..

Mike L

jackpilot

Jack

MLeavy737

MLeavy737

Well, like i said... Found it in the bottom of some completely unrelated box of sim parts!

Scott send me your info again and ill get it out to you. Or maybe i can bring it there and fly your sim :)

Mike L

XOrionFE

Awesome

Like I said Mike, would love to have you come by.  Let me know your next layover in Chi town.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate