Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:59:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
360 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 360
Total: 360

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Company WARNING

Started by ivar hestnes, January 13, 2012, 08:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

On November 28 2011 I ordered and paid for 2 lcd screens from www.lcdglobal.com .
Shipping was DHL express, 3-5 day delivery time. LCDglobal had more than 50 panels in stock according to their website.

Now, January 13 2012, I have sent 5 emails asking where is my items, also one email through Paypal dispute system. No respond at all. The company does not answer phonecalls either. So my case has now escalated to a paypal refund.

So be careful out there guys.
Even the nicest and most serious looking website can be a scam.

To the moderators at this site: Maybe we should have a Forum section, for banned companies? There is no other hobby markets that has a higher scam rate than our cockpit building hobby I think.

Bob Reed

Haven't some of our other members bought panels from them? Sound off guys if you have. Ivar, I will talk to Trevor about this.

fsaviator

Damn, Ivar...  sorry to hear you may have got scammed...

This is the company a few of us have bought LCDs from.  No issues from them.  Read the thread guys/gals...  if you need cheaper LCDs, this is the place to go:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=2046.msg15962#msg15962

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

ivar hestnes

Yeah, I have seen that thread, but my specifications are a little different, so I only ended up on two companies where I could find them, and lcdglobal was the cheapest...Anyway, paypal will fix me up, so I can buy my screens at the second place at twice the price  :o

This is actually the first time I get issues on a international trade. Most guys/companies out there are very good to deal with.

But if someone has bought anything at LCDglobal, and it went fine, I would like to know. Please report  :)

9V-CIT

This are his details from whois....

phatheep saenkaew
   67/493 moo15 Banghmaenang  bangyai
   nonthaburi thailand,  -
   Thailand
   Phone: +66.29033073
   Fax..:
   Email: phatheep@yahoo.com

I do have good experience with online shops from Thailand, this one I don't know. In general I do not buy parts from China or they have a very good reputation.  Good luck  :)
building a bizzjet cockpit...

ivar hestnes

Thanks for your input. That is indeed the email I have been trying, + a couple others found on the website.
First time I have had bad luck when buying online. The worst thing is the waiting, and hoping for some response, or even a phonecall from DHL. But when the 45 day paypal limit for complain gets closer, it is important to act for sure.

But I am still hoping to get the screens instead of money back. But I have left it to paypal now. They will finish the deal  :)

ivar hestnes

That might definitely be a part of the issue.
the flooding there is serious.

Anyway, to my concern, the "in stock" amount has changed since I made my order. When I ordered there was only two pieces left. After a couple weeks, they had around 60, and now there is more than 90 pieces available. Thats also interesting.

Anyway, Paypal will sort it out for me. Thats my best option. Hopefully I dont get screens with small fish in it. Aquariums is not part of my hobby, lol.

If the company is flooded, and there is still a state of emergency there, I feel sorry for them.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate