Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:11:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
456 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 456
Total: 456

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

F16 Falcon Sim..

Started by simlady/ Karen, February 05, 2012, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simlady/ Karen

I've been flying with BSD and building with him for years and I think it's about time I get my own Sim. (Trevor asked back in Oct when I would be getting my own.)

Yes, you heard me right but I'm going with an F16 Falcon. Something fast and can do combat with. (I promise not to shoot down anyone  :angel: ).

I'm planing on buying a kit (once the company gets them out of prototype production) and then going from there. I will be using 3 large LCD screens for the view. Since I'll be in a smaller area, i won't be using projectors like BSD. I have to be in a different room as his B737 takes up too much room and I'm not moving that thing...again.

I wanted to give you all a heads ups...being the nice person I am..

BSD is happy I'm getting into a sim but I'm not leting him run with this too much as I want to build this myself from the ground up. I might need him to hold a board for me or paint something.... I think it would only be fair that I wake him up at the crack of dawn to do it in his pj's too...  ;D

jskibo

That's what I use the small pit for.  Just getting back into BenchmarkSims Falcon 4 redo BMS 4.32 and a touch of Rise of Flight and A10.

The 40" screens in the Obutto pit are about perfect.  Getting an adjustable stand made for the the 3 screen so I don't have one on the Obutto and 2 on boxes :)

Mark is going to build a mount for a 23" touchscreen as well since I can export the cockpit instruments to it.

...and my friend Chris has been building an F16 pit for the past decade.  He's always tweaking it, but flies it all the time.  Pretty good resource for it and I can get you his contact info if you want.

Less than 4 years to retirement......

simlady/ Karen

any resources right now would be great, Thanks.

The 40" screens in the Obutto pit are about perfect.  Getting an adjustable stand made for the the 3 screen so I don't have one on the Obutto and 2 on boxes (I would like to see a pic of it when you get it.)

phil744

Quote from: simlady on February 05, 2012, 09:24:40 AM
I've been flying with BSD and building with him for years and I think it's about time I get my own Sim. (Trevor asked back in Oct when I would be getting my own.)

Yes, you heard me right but I'm going with an F16 Falcon. Something fast and can do combat with. (I promise not to shoot down anyone  :angel: ).

I'm planing on buying a kit (once the company gets them out of prototype production) and then going from there. I will be using 3 large LCD screens for the view. Since I'll be in a smaller area, i won't be using projectors like BSD. I have to be in a different room as his B737 takes up too much room and I'm not moving that thing...again.

BSD is happy I'm getting into a sim but I'm not leting him run with this too much as I want to build this myself from the ground up. I might need him to hold a board for me or paint something.... I think it would only be fair that I wake him up at the crack of dawn to do it in his pj's too...  ;D

Marry me!!  :idiot:

You had a good look over at viperpits?

Jack Edit:
Phil,
To include the Dating option of this site you need to subscribe to www.CockpitRelationshipbuilders.org at a fee of 767 Euzeros! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

jskibo

Quote from: phil744 on February 07, 2012, 07:18:52 AM
Quote from: simlady on February 05, 2012, 09:24:40 AM

Marry me!!  :idiot:

You had a good look over at viperpits?

Jack Edit:
Phil,
To include the Dating option of this site you need to subscribe to www.CockpitRelationshipbuilders.org at a fee of 767 Euzeros! :D

Oh noze, another site with Nude pictures of Jack :)

simlady/ Karen

Phil744, thanks for the offer....but No.... and yes i have been to viperpits. I'm looking for a starter kit... going old fashion,  build it from the ground up. call me weird.. it's okay. I won't mind.

BSD already knows where I can buy a hemlet and a flight suit but I told him I have to build it first. I think he just wants to see me in the flight suit.  :huh:

jskibo

Here's the stand right before it was boxed to ship.

I'll post more in a thread next week once I get the monitors on it.

simlady/ Karen

the framing looks nice, please post pics when you have the screens on. I'm thinking this will be the way to go. I like how it's free standing... BSD wants me to go with Bigger screens but I'm not sure I will do that once I see yours.

jskibo

I don't have FSX loaded on this PC, and have not configured Falcon the way I want the view, but wow, is this immersive 25" from my face :)

Also getting a mount monday that swaps the wheel table for a 23" touchscreen mount so I can throw all my panel up on that :)

simlady/ Karen

your screens look sweet. I will definitely go that way. I like how they stand alone and the view is big with out being overbearing.

thanks for the pics.

jskibo

Falcon 4 BMS 4.32

Falcon 4 BMS surround

XOrionFE

jskibo

Oops, think its fixed. Hard to tell on the iPad

simlady/ Karen

That looks so sweet... thanks for posting a video.

I finally got some CAD drawings for my sim, just need them cut out so i can get going.

I was sick last week and just finishing up... had to give it to BSD first. I didn't want him to get upset for not sharing my cold.

XOrionFE

That is pretty cool

You should also talk to don Harrison.  He may be able to get you drawings.

Scott

dharrison

As Scott says,

I have quite a few files for panels on the hard drive. Send me a PM and we can get you some stuff.
Don

simlady/ Karen

Hi Don,

I sent you a PM last week I think, the days blurr together when your sick, but I'm doing good now. Let me know if you got it.

Karen

jskibo

I would guess that you will be using Falcon 4 BMS 4.32 to drive the sim?  It's the only variety of falcon 4 that is in DX9 which you'll need for three screens.

I'm back flying it and benchmark sims did an awesome job with it.  Even noticed how much trim I need to add when running an asymmetrical load after dropping one LGBU.

I fly with the 20th VFW. Good group of folks to learn with, and nothing better than flying a strike mission with some real people in two four ship elements.

Who's kit are you buying?  I'm looking at getting an ICP soon. Need to finish the 737 before I go nuts on a viper pit :)

simlady/ Karen

I will probably go that route since I really like your view set up and I can't see doing all this with one view.

As for the kit, I was looking at  scsimulation.com but they aren't selling the "New" kits yet and they don't have any of the old ones left. Right now I'm looking at taking CAD drawings to someone local to start cutting. I hate waiting...

I looked at a number of different sits but can't find a simple "shell kit" I found all kinds of turn key systems but that's not what  l want. If you know of a company, please let me know.

this is really what I'm looking for..

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Simlady has been rather busy at work since they're short two people on her staff. In the mean time, I am posting these photos of her F16 being built. It is almost finished in regards to the shell aspects...

Enjoy the pics.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

simlady/ Karen

Hi Everyone,

As BSD has said, I'm working alot as the office is two people short and pulling double duty... which sucks...not in a good way.

I had to post a link to MY Toy... Eat your heart out and no drooling..  ;D

http://www.pbase.com/tejay/karens_cockpit

Bob Reed

That is looking great! Which reminds me I need to get these MFDs shipped out to you! Have I told you how much I hate shipping stuff??!!  :o

blueskydriver

Hi Bob,

I just woke up and see Simlady has been busy cheating...uhhh,...chatting with all the CB guys again!...lol. Hey, I forgot all about the MFD's. Let me get with you on this and did I send enough for shipping? Also, I want to send something to you.

Now, let me crawl off the bed here and hit the men showers before Simlady knows I'm up, and then stalls me to say how much she enjoyed having her fingers all over everyone...metaphor...as in fingers on keyboard typing to post on CB...gosh, you guys what did you think I meant?...geesh!

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Efe

wait... her name isn't really SimLady???  :o

blueskydriver

Well, it's simlady in regards to cockpit building, but not a simulation of a lady in other regards. She's the real deal! However, I don't know if she ever posted this, but you'd laugh if you knew her maiden last name...

Wing

Yes! Her maiden last name is really Wing! Amazing as that is, I see it as a big bonus for being in flight simulation and her okay with it all, as well as doing her Own F16. What more could I ask for with a girl name Wing...

BSD

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate