Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
451 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 451
Total: 451

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

F16 Falcon Sim..

Started by simlady/ Karen, February 05, 2012, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Well, looks like she should be very proud of what she has achieved thus far on her project.  Its looking very good.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hi Trevor,

Yes, she is very happy with the progress of Teejay's work and that she has coordinated so much, so soon. In addition to the cockpit, Bob hooked her up with a Thrustmaster Cougar Stick and Throttle, as well as a MFD set soon to arrive...YOUR SO AWESOME BOB!

She is going to go with John Skibo's method of display setup; maybe, the screens will be a little bigger, not sure yet. She has been eyeballing 60's for LCD Screens size. I'm like go for it girl...

As for panels, I've been checking with some good guys and hope to hear something soon. She wants backlit panels, as opposed to decals, but F16 Panels are not common. Here is hint for maybe FDS...yo Peter and Steve you reading this?...you should make a fighter, more so the F16. Why? Look how many hits this thread has gotten, over 1,200 easy. So, that means at least 25% are potentials, that is 300 folks who likely would buy and that is just a modest guess.

I believe that F16's fighters are more popular than any heavy like the B737NG or Airbus. The F16 is what most younger kids and younger adults 18-30 want...you know the KILL FACTOR is keen for them. Speaking of it; maybe Cockpit Builders needs a fighter section for them to fire back and forth in...okay, I mean a seperate section they can share ideas. Yes, there is viper.net or whatever it's called, but Cockpit Builders is for all types, so a section for fighters would be a plus for CB. Heck, let Simlady moderate it...lol, here I go getting into trouble by volunteering her!

Anyway, there will be more pics and updates on her F16 soon, the next big thing is to go pick it up in the next week or two...lucky me, and it's not even for my pit...love is crazy though, so I go with a smile.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Guys

I think we have here the first symptoms of an acute case of Fighterahitis.
Clearly subject vision is blurred by hot flashes probably caused by a defective brain pressurization system imposing undue stress on a specific zone where images of the famous Top Gun female instructor are located.

:D

Jack

Trevor Hale

Jack,  I would have to concur with you on this diagnosis.  I feel the outcome may be grim.  The only possible cure for such a condition is continuous inhalation of JET1A for at least 3 weeks.  Not sure what other line of prognosis we could suggest here.

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Funny Jack!

Perfect timing, I was just up for a lav break because I went to bed 6 hours ago; anyway, I was talking to Simlady about the world news, and she says " you know talking about all that in between sleeping will give you nightmares". I said "you're right, so now I need to think of something else", so here I am laying back in bed on the Ipad reading your post.

You hit the spot by talking about the female instructor in the Top Gun movie. None other than Ms. Kathleen Turner! She was a total babe back in her hey days! Those legs she had were so shapely and hot!!! Admit it, most of us got into airplanes because she gave us the "HARD STICK" to man handle our fully loaded fighters with.

She made the term "FIRE & FORGET" acceptable to every young man, as well as every young woman wanting to be like her and instruct those young men on how to handle their sticks...

The point in all this, I'm going back to sleep thinking of her now, and NO, that is not cheating on Simlady, actually, I am just going for virtual training in my dreams. I didn't say a word about getting Kathleen Turner to go for a ride on my "Crotch Rocket" or anything like that! Although, I would give her a ride if she were standing there with her thumb out...

Oh the slap happy factor is back on me again... I better go to sleep...ZZZZzzzz

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

WAIT WHAT!? Oh man, that could be what's wrong with me then, as I have been using that scented Jet Fuel everytime I fly! Man O' man...oh well, I like it! Now, Simlady says it stinks! Wait a second, you could call it wife repellant...uh, nope better not, how about virtual jet exhaust fumes that women prefer not to smell and avoid it tremendously. okay, that sounds better.

Okay, alright, I am going to sleep now...ZZZZzzzz, zzzzzzzz, dreaming...yes Ms Turner, yes Ms Turner...zzzzzzzz

Goodnight,

BSD

Trevor Hale

Simlady..  I think it is time you take him and have him checked out.  BSD Needs a check up from the neck up..  Please :)

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

simlady/ Karen

I see BSD has been busy on his IPad and he yells at me for reading on mine in bed when I'm suppose to be SLEEPING....

As for the stinky smell, it's not that bad but I may have to limit his use and lock it in the safe. He would get more inflight meals if he didn't use it so much... haven't even had a chance to break in the new seats yet...  ;)

Quote from: blueskydriver on April 21, 2012, 01:29:28 PM
Now, Simlady says it stinks! Wait a second, you could call it wife repellant...uh, BSD

Trevor,
I had BSD's head examined, since he's a sim nut... there is no hope, but it okay, I like him on the wild side. Never a dual moment around here. I'm just happy that's he sharing some of it with the rest of you.  ;D

Trevor Hale

LOL  Well as long as you are ok with it :)
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

simlady/ Karen

I have to post because all this waiting to have my baby is driving me crazzy. Okay... so I never had to actually carry a child but waiting for the email,  so I can send BSD to get my F16, so he can deliever it to me is kind of like having a child. Right?

Waiting for the pictures to see what has been done.... the emails to tell me how much longer it will be... the email to set a pick up date...the waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

I already have the spot for it to sleep at night ready and a Thrustmaster Cougar Stick and Throttle, that are waiting for their new home...Thanks Bob...

Okay... I'm done whinning now.... I said for now... it doesn't mean I won't be back. :idiot:

hexpope

I am also looking forward to seeing this F16 project come to life. Are you going to be using Lockon or Falcon, or just FSX/2004 for the platform ?

blueskydriver

Looks like Simlady stayed up late with the other "men" in her life again...lol. I went to bed early like a good little boy...uh, clears throat, in deeper tone voice...like a good MAN! Too funny when I first get up...it's the happy drugs!

Seriously, the plan is to try both Falcon and FS9, but mainly go with FS9 because it is much smoother in terms of flying and taxiing (in theory), plus the machine she is starting with is a Core 2 Quad Q9770. So, even though it can run FSX, she wants more stability over slow moving pretty skies, clouds, and landscapes that us heavy metal flyers like.

However, with Falcon it has more people specializing the F16 and the IO software addons like those from SCSimulations which go much further with Falcon are a big bonus. So, the decision is stability vs interfacing, and then find the platform that runs both equally well.

Although, FSX has the CaptSim (CS) version of the F16 addon, the other ways of doing this out weigh it because CS F16 is heavy on the graphics which again is FSX's problem being tied to the CPU. CS F16 is great mind you, but because it is so "pretty" to look at, it takes a lot of machine or hardware to sustain it. Much like PMDG 737 NGX is so awesome, but it too needs a lot beef behind it, so to speak... The other fault with CS F16 is the weapons system don't fire, so you're more like a showboat pilot for the Thunderbirds, in a way...

Still, we were discussing this yesterday, but she might decide to build a I7 2600K like mine and have her own super system paperweight; if you use it for anything else besides the sim you have too many problems, so when you're not flying...it's a paperweight...lol :-) I guess a lot depends on how many subsystems of the F16 she wants to simulate and how they tie into the main machine; thus, would it be one supersystem or a supersytem, plus other client machines using FSUIPC and such, like it is in the heavies?

BSD

Trevor Hale

I am eager to see this thing come together.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

simlady/ Karen

8)
I'll be using Falcon first and Maybe going to FS9 later.  I want to get the cockpit here first and then work on stealing one of BSD computers. I'm not worry about the "prettyness" of it yet, that will come later, if the time calls for it.

I'm not into the pretty add ons right now.... I want to blow sh.. up. Straight and to the point. ;D

bnepethomas

Quote from: blueskydriver on April 21, 2012, 08:07:01 AM
Hi Trevor,

Yes, she is very happy with the progress of Teejay's work and that she has coordinated so much, so soon. In addition to the cockpit, Bob hooked her up with a Thrustmaster Cougar Stick and Throttle, as well as a MFD set soon to arrive...YOUR SO AWESOME BOB!

She is going to go with John Skibo's method of display setup; maybe, the screens will be a little bigger, not sure yet. She has been eyeballing 60's for LCD Screens size. I'm like go for it girl...

As for panels, I've been checking with some good guys and hope to hear something soon. She wants backlit panels, as opposed to decals, but F16 Panels are not common. Here is hint for maybe FDS...yo Peter and Steve you reading this?...you should make a fighter, more so the F16. Why? Look how many hits this thread has gotten, over 1,200 easy. So, that means at least 25% are potentials, that is 300 folks who likely would buy and that is just a modest guess.

I believe that F16's fighters are more popular than any heavy like the B737NG or Airbus. The F16 is what most younger kids and younger adults 18-30 want...you know the KILL FACTOR is keen for them. Speaking of it; maybe Cockpit Builders needs a fighter section for them to fire back and forth in...okay, I mean a seperate section they can share ideas. Yes, there is viper.net or whatever it's called, but Cockpit Builders is for all types, so a section for fighters would be a plus for CB. Heck, let Simlady moderate it...lol, here I go getting into trouble by volunteering her!

Anyway, there will be more pics and updates on her F16 soon, the next big thing is to go pick it up in the next week or two...lucky me, and it's not even for my pit...love is crazy though, so I go with a smile.

BSD
You can't go wrong with Mikes Panels from Viperpits.  I have a pretty complete F16 built using his panels, and I can highly recommend them.

Cheers

Peter

blueskydriver

Hi Peter,

Will you post photos of your pit and some links to Mike or PM his email to me?

BSD

bnepethomas

Quote from: blueskydriver on April 28, 2012, 04:22:21 AM
Hi Peter,

Will you post photos of your pit and some links to Mike or PM his email to me?

BSD
Sure thing, this is my second pit, funnily enough the 737 pit is known as the "other woman" :)

The website to find new ways to spend lots of money is http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php and Mike's store is http://www.viperpanels.com/

simlady/ Karen

THE WAIT IS OVER ;D

I went to the doctor with BSD and I told his doctor that I thought he was just fine and that she should let him go on a road trip, with a friend of course. That he needed to get out of the house, (I didn't mention, out of state) to get some fresh air. (Nor did I mention that I had a hidden agenda, for him to go get my F16 cockpit.)

They got back with my F16 the other day. We unloaded it and it now sits in my living room. I'm so happy to have it here.

Here are just acouple of pic's nothing fancy but I had to post them.

Bob Reed

Only one thing to say....Very nice!  ;D

XOrionFE

Very cool.  It will be nice to see that thing come together.

Scott

Stang

Karen,

You know better than to fly that thing without a parachute...it's too dangerous.  :D

I hope you like your new cockpit and I'm looking forward to seeing you and John bring that thing to life. 

Tejay

Stang out

simlady/ Karen

;D
I'm staying up late to post pics since I know you're all wondering what I have been up and how for I've gotten on my cockpit. First I had to make BSd move some of his other stuff in the house so I could set it up in the middle of the living room.

Most people would start with buying gauges and other items to put in the MIP or the computer but I wanted to throw a twist into the buiding and start with a cover. You might call me crazy, (but look who I'm married to), but wanted to try a color scheme out so, I got some poster board.

Let's just say, Pictures speak for themselves.

Kennair

Lol, that is cool!  You go girl!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

vidarf

Hello Kitty -style. With claws and an intention to use 'em! Respect! :D

Maurice

Quote from: simlady/ Karen on June 24, 2012, 07:15:59 PM

so I could set it up in the middle of the living room.

??? What planet did you say you came from? ;D . Don't forget to cut a hole in the ceiling in case you need to eject.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate