Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 10:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 568
Total: 569

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Once Again

Started by Bob Reed, June 09, 2012, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

So once again it starts. As I write this I am downloading XP 10 to start running some tests on. Thought, well I am starting from scratch, might as well see what it has. I am back to square one. wich is back in the planning stages. A couple things have happened that are going to open doors in things I can do with the sim. Number 1 is my son is getting married in September and I get the other half of the basement! This means I have room to build one. Something I did not have before and made it very hard to try and get motivated when I knew there was no place for the sim. The second thing was the Open House at FDS that just got the motivation factor up there. An entire weekend of nothing but flying and talking flying! So bare with me one more time as I start this project off......

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on June 09, 2012, 10:33:47 AM
Number 1 is my son is getting married in September and I get the other half of the basement!

Are you sure about that? If I were you, I'd make him sign a pre-nuptial agreement with you  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

MLeavy737

So bare with me one more time as I start his project off......

his project?? sounds like your aware of the possibility of your son moving back in and having a sim all for himself! :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Quote from: MLeavy737 on June 09, 2012, 01:10:20 PM
So bare with me one more time as I start his project off......

his project?? sounds like your aware of the possibility of your son moving back in and having a sim all for himself! :)

Mike L

Should be "THIS" project... Not "HIS" project.. Fixed it... Be nice if I could type!

Bob Reed

Searching the site for Maurice's visual setup I think it is here. I just went over to my new side (he is not even gone yet) of the basement and I have ample room for something like he did. WOW!! And then the entire sim sits in one corner of the basement!

MLeavy737

So your saying theres room for you son too when he moves back in??

Ok ill stop.. In all fairness, best of wishes for your family and good luck to them both!.. Im looking forward to having 4 extra sim rooms when my kids move out!!!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

fsaviator

Quote from: MLeavy737 on June 09, 2012, 01:59:06 PM
So your saying theres room for you son too when he moves back in??

I'd say there is plenty of room in the FO seat!  If he moves back in, he gets the seat. ;D

I like the way you think Bob!
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Sean

Quote from: MLeavy737 on June 09, 2012, 01:59:06 PM
Im looking forward to having 4 extra sim rooms when my kids move out!!!

Lol! Plus, you'll have the extra cash around to fund it!  ;D

Bob Reed

I spent several hours playing around with XP last night. Very promising. Going to order the disks and give it a proper test.

737SimGuy

Bob,

Be sure to get the updates. Click on the BETA checkbox to get the latest...

James

Bob Reed

Well I bit the bullet.. X-Plane 10 is on it's way...  :huh:

Bob Reed

Well XP was ordered and should be here by Saturday. I wil start testing right away.

Bob Reed

XP 10.5 has arrived.... Guess where I will be tonight.

Bob Reed

Well it has started..... More to follow.

Bob Reed

Well it is installed and now I am working on setting it up. I feel like I have never used a flight sim before. Well I have done 2 takeoffs and landings in the Skyhawk.

Bob Reed

Last night did not go too bad. I did a lot of flying which was AWESOME! First thoughts: It is not as pretty as FS and that is about the only thing I can say against it at this point. Now understand it is a stock instal at this point and I have just started looking at all the settings. I have to say I am not used to landing on runways that are not perfectly flat!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate