Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
456 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 456
Total: 456

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

X-Plane 10 and the home cockpit user.

Started by blueskydriver, March 31, 2012, 07:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordgt40

Hi Bob

Yes and all was ok! I have had an initial response on the X-Plane forum from a "helper" who tells me that my problem is the because of my outdated machine which is a 3ghz core 2 duo with nvidea 9600gt graphics card with 512meg and 4gig on board. It runs FSX quite well though :) :) :)

Hopefully I will get a more considered response from someone better qualified to assist - dont you just like forums where the main incentive is to show off THEIR perceived knowledge :(

The preferred spec on X-Plane site is a 3ghz multi core cpu with 4gig memory and a graphics card with 1024meg :) :) :)

Trying to narrow down the crashes, however, I have a much faster machine on order!!

Regards

David

Bob Reed

What OS and are you running the newest video driver for your card?

fordgt40

Bob
I am using XP with sp3 and believe that I have the latest driver, but will check later. X-Plane now seems to be behaving itself, though I will wait a while yet :)

Regards

David

rhysb

I use XP on my Mac but my sim is on Win7 and XP10 runs perfectly on both, I notice your using XP and when I tried to install XP10 on the WinXP computer to test the scenery conversion program that indeed crashed to desktop also so could be something to do with WinXP?? AS Win7 and MAC it runs perfect
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

fordgt40

Hi Rhys

Thanks, though I would expect the X-Plane forum/team to be aware of this? Anyway, I have a new faster machine on Win 7 arriving shortly, so will reserve judgement for a while :)

Will post again then

David

-------------------------------------------

Bob

I have updated the video driver and all seems ok sofar. One great improvement is the runway lights in FSX are much smaller :)

David

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate