Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
555 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I must be nuts......727 anyone?

Started by XOrionFE, May 24, 2012, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well Rob, Michael, and company are not the only 727 nuts in town anymore.....I think I just joined the ranks.....

I picked up a few "collectors items" for my man cave.... :o

Not sure if I will ever get these interfaced and flyable but one can dream and sip a nice glass of wine while staring at them and contemplating.....

Note that while the overhead is supposedly straight our of an Eastern Airlines 727 as it flew, the MIP is more of a cherry picked job by me in that I got the gauges and panels I liked or thought may have a prayer of being infterfaced based on research so not a specific bird.   

See pics below

Scott

MLeavy737

Wow! That is some nice stuff! I really like the MIP. Definately old school lol. Actually it looks just like the round dial 737-300's i flew for alittle bit before we got rid of em all. 

How do you even go about interfacing those steam gauges?

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

PROJECT 727

Absolutely Beautifull!!!
Welcome Aboard the Boeing 727 Group of Sim Builders

Joe Maldonado
PROJECT 727
www.project727.com
Joe Maldonado
PROJECT 727
www.xsn.net/project727

jackpilot

Scott:
YES you are! but its not recent! :laugh:

Mike:
I think I already posted that one but this is my wildest dream of a sim.
Actually I talked to the guys at Flightillusion years ago and they were ready to indulge...cost astronomical though!

Jack

XOrionFE

Quote from: MLeavy737 on May 24, 2012, 06:29:16 PM
Wow! That is some nice stuff! I really like the MIP. Definately old school lol. Actually it looks just like the round dial 737-300's i flew for alittle bit before we got rid of em all. 

How do you even go about interfacing those steam gauges?

Mike L

There is something about these older real decks to me that just make them treasures interfaced or not.   I know many of these gauges can be modified to work as others have done it but obviously a long and tedious job probably....but what the heck, Im only 45 so I figure I hopefully have another 30 years or so to figure it out :-).   Hmmm, imagine what folks would think twenty years from now looking back at this stuff....

XOrionFE

Quote from: PROJECT 727 on May 25, 2012, 04:35:41 PM
Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Welcome Aboard the Boeing 727 Group of Sim Builders

Joe Maldonado
PROJECT 727
www.project727.com

Thanks Joe.  Of course yours is the cockpit any 727 afficianado would agree is the most beautiful setup.  I have watched a lot of your videos many times and if I ever get to take a trip there I definitely would love to pay a visit.    It would be wonderful if you could do some more videos in HD.   
Very inspirational and you have done a fantastic job at preserving a piece of history.
Scott

XOrionFE

Quote from: jackpilot on May 26, 2012, 03:36:54 AM
Scott:
YES you are! but its not recent! :laugh:

Mike:
I think I already posted that one but this is my wildest dream of a sim.
Actually I talked to the guys at Flightillusion years ago and they were ready to indulge...cost astronomical though!

That is a beautiful deck also.  I have seen one of these panel sets that one of our builders has and it is gorgeous...maybe if he reads this he might post some pictures of it...hint hint

Scott

ivar hestnes

a 727 is a perfectly good excuse for being nuts  :D

Looks great. very cool project. Good distraction from the glass cockpits. It will do just fine as static display also. You just need a couple seats, a table and lots of pan-am girls on the wall  ;)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate