Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 08:08:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Stage two

Started by tennyson, May 29, 2012, 04:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Well, my MIP is almost finished and I'm starting to move on to stage two.

Here's a few snaps of the top of my MIP. I used wrinkle-plus on it to get that even wrinkle coating, but it was an sob to use.

So, on to the next stage, the side walls. Thanx to several contributors here (Vidarf) and a few others for their wonderful pdf drawings for the side walls. You just saved me a heap of time.

The first job I am doing now is knocking up the two oxy panels and again, thanx to several contributors here for their drawings and dimensions.

I'm hoping that they won't take too long, I wanna get into the side walls by next week.

I'll take a few happy snaps and whack them up here for all to see.

Frank Cooper

vidarf

Great, looking forward to your side wall build. Saved a heap of time? You don't know..... :P I'm far from finished with mine, but it is looking good so far.

I'm selling the Fly Engravity glare wings with the fire warn and master caution switches if you're interested.

Back to the side walls: do you plan to use epoxy and fibre glass as I've done?

tennyson

The jury is still out on that one.

I know that it gives a superior finish, but I'm building this thing in my house and the stench from fibreglass curing all the time, would be too much, I think.

I have a great deal of experience with fibreglass and carbon and kevlar, etc.as I ran an aircraft fibreglass repair shop, so I'm not too interested in playing with it again.

At this stage, I'm making mine a bit different from yours, as my end result is slightly different in nature (meaning I have to mount two 42" lcd's in the side windows).

But the dimensions and the breakdowns were of immense help and will no doubt save me heaps of work.

Thanx again, mate. I'll definately keep you updated on my progress.

Frank Cooper

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate