Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
463 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

N512AS 737-800 continuation

Started by Flyboyandre, July 24, 2012, 09:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

Looks great Andre as usual! Looks like a nice sturdy setup as you'll be glad when you have visitors over yanking on them things :)

Just curious, Do you plan on adding more tension to the yokes? From my experience they seems a little too loose or i should say easy to move..

Love the paint job on the shell.. You definately inspired me to sand down my fiberglass shell and paint it up nicely like that :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Flyboyandre

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the kudos! It's always good to inspire others as well :)
Yeah, I replaced the springs with a set that is rated 3 times the stiffness as I found them to be very soft as well.
Also installed the 2 CDU's this afternoon (thx Frank!) and started the glareshield construction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tennyson

Nice coupla CDU's there, Andre......

Frank Cooper

Flyboyandre

Today was just one of those days where I really didn't feel like doing anything. However it seems as my brain is wired in such a way that a day without some kind of progress is considered as neglect.
Anyways, got the frame for the glareshield in place and pushed the MIP into position. Measurements are coming out very nicely when compared to the markuspilot website.
I also cut the template components for the top of the glareshield. Would have finished this as well but someone must have stolen wood from my supply (or did I just run out?). Not much to show for but let me at least share a few pictures for documentation purposes :)

MLeavy737

Man you need to come by for the weekend. You could prob finish my sim in 2 days at the rate you progress :)

Mike L

Flyboyandre

Quote from: MLeavy737 on October 14, 2012, 11:17:09 PM
Man you need to come by for the weekend. You could prob finish my sim in 2 days at the rate you progress :)

Mike L

Would love to kill some of my airmiles and come see your project in real life :)

Flyboyandre

Hoping to have the glareshield Woodwork done tonight.

Flyboyandre

Ok, glareshield top cut and fitted tonight. The detail work will have to wait until tomorrow. Ran out of screws......

Flyboyandre

Detail work done. Still have to make the little "pocket" that goes onto the center part. The grey is just a primer as the top plate will end up black. Actually found some black rubber spray at Home Depot, which will help add a more realistic texture.
Sorry about the rough looking window frames. Had to remove some of the trim as the 1x4 proved to be too wide for the top and center posts.

Flyboyandre

Significant update to the project will be posted on my blog this weekend.
The only thing I can say so far is that the Alaska N512AS has been sold.

Flyboyandre

vidarf

Map pocket? Check out FDS. :) It is a very sturdy thingamabob, easy to mount to your glareshield.

Kudos on the livery, BTW! ;)

Flyboyandre

Quote from: vidarf on October 20, 2012, 12:07:39 AM
Map pocket? Check out FDS. :) It is a very sturdy thingamabob, easy to mount to your glareshield.

Kudos on the livery, BTW! ;)

Dæven! Æ trudde du hadde såvna av før sesongen! Godt å se at du e i live! :)

vidarf

Næh, skal til å bestille EFIS -moduler, og så skal vinteren brukes til å få simmen opp å gå. Har hatt hagearbeid til nå, faktisk!

For those who doesn't understand Norwegian: Learn Norwegian. :P

MLeavy737

Well well well Andre... You my friend have just been inducted into the airline community buddy lol. 

It starts with a goal of building a sim or wanting an airline career.  You pick you favorite airline that you would love to work for and somehow make it through the interview and get hired. Your dream has come true! In initial ground school the tell you how special and lucky you are to be here and how they will support you no matter what. There looking out for you they say! The company news shows happy people, the CEO loves everyone, and everything is great!

Thennn... One day you realize just how much an airline could give a *!?# about you or anyone else in the company! Lol.  The CEO's and bosses are out for themselves, the contract is made in managements favor, the RLA has been stripped by government and company over the years to make you powerless!!  You will fly here and like it or else go ahead and leave.. Start over if you want.. We could care less!!

Point is as you saw.. Dont get Attached to any one airline.. They all suck! They were  prob interested in your sim at first cause the saw a way to better themselves, dumped interest real fast for some reason and threw you under the bus.. Just like they would a pilot :)

Yes i'm bitter cause i know the way airlines think lol..

Mike L

Flyboyandre

You summed it up very well Mike!

geneb

You missed the opportunity to go, "Screw ya'all!  I'm going to join the Navy!" and then become a P-8 Poseidon. :)

g.
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: geneb on October 20, 2012, 05:49:42 PM
You missed the opportunity to go, "Screw ya'all!  I'm going to join the Navy!" and then become a P-8 Poseidon. :)

g.

LOL

Flyboyandre

LN-NOL is out of the paint hangar.

Flyboyandre

5th and final coat has been applied and the shell is ready for its birthmarks.

tennyson

I think it looks better in red, mate.

And they go faster, too....

Frank Cooper

rhysb

Agreed looks excellent after the colour change
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Flyboyandre

Here are a few more shots with completed paint job (yes, still have to add the NOL above windows), glareshield top installed and all the window trim added and painted.
I also cut and temporarily installed the rear side windows.

vidarf

Jøss, fått dæ elefant-tampong i garasjen jo! :D

(I don't want to translate that, but yeah - it's almost the same in english... :D )

Flyboyandre

Quote from: vidarf on October 26, 2012, 08:29:17 AM
Jøss, fått dæ elefant-tampong i garasjen jo! :D

(I don't want to translate that, but yeah - it's almost the same in english... :D )
Lmao

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate