Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
468 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 468
Total: 468

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

N512AS 737-800 continuation

Started by Flyboyandre, July 24, 2012, 09:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

She finally has a name and both CDU's are up and running.

Flyboyandre

Flyboyandre

Quiz of the day......The winner will get a trip to any destination in the world of their desire (when the sim is done:))

What are the units below and what is their purpose?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rhysb

If they are the ribs below the windscreen they are there to deflect wind noise from the windows themselves and send airflow over the top of them.
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: rhysb on October 28, 2012, 11:33:26 PM
If they are the ribs below the windscreen they are there to deflect wind noise from the windows themselves and send airflow over the top of them.

Yup, and they are called...........

oppilein

Flyboyandre

Can anyone tell that I was bored tonight?

jetpilot

Andre,
I really love the vortex detail in your cockpit.
Excellent

Roberto B

co735

Quote from: Flyboyandre on October 27, 2012, 11:33:28 PM
Before.....

After.......

I've been following (lurking) this thread for some time following your progress with great interest.  Absolutely fascinated by all that you have been able to do  in the time I have been following.

The sheepskin looks awesome! Where did you source this from?  I'd like to try to do this if I can to my single Cpt side seat

Matt
**STILL building**

vidarf

BORED???? Are ya' kiddin' me?? That is not being bored. That is having a keen eye for realism and detail! :D

Kudos!

Flyboyandre

Quote from: co735 on October 30, 2012, 07:07:07 AM
Before.....

After.......

I've been following (lurking) this thread for some time following your progress with great interest.  Absolutely fascinated by all that you have been able to do  in the time I have been following.

The sheepskin looks awesome! Where did you source this from?  I'd like to try to do this if I can to my single Cpt side seat

Matt

Hey Matt!

Thanks for the kind words. The fabric for the seats came from Joann Fabrics and the 2.5 yards cost me a crushing $16 :)

co735

Quote from: Flyboyandre on October 30, 2012, 08:11:48 AM
Quote from: co735 on October 30, 2012, 07:07:07 AM
Before.....

After.......

Matt

Hey Matt!

Thanks for the kind words. The fabric for the seats came from Joann Fabrics and the 2.5 yards cost me a crushing $16 :)

I might need to take out a second mortgage for that!  Can't believe it never occurred to me to do it that way.  Quick - to the bat mobile!
**STILL building**

Flyboyandre

Oh yeah and add $5.99 for some spray adhesive :)

Flyboyandre

My buddy Gene so graciously took care of the CAD drawing of the frame for the wraparound screen. Then he fed his Shopbot 4 sheets of 3/4" poplar plywood and voila......we have all the framing components for what will become my 220 degree visual.

Flyboyandre

Well, i've done it again. My OCD told me that I had taken too many shortcuts while building the MIP so I tore the damn thing apart and started from scratch.
You can also see the new screen mounts i crafted.

Flyboyandre

All this building --> tearing it apart --> rebuilding makes me come up with new ideas all the time. Here is a shot of the new monitor brackets I crafted along with a new way to attach the PFD/ND bezels to the screens. I glued a neodymium magnet to the 4 corners of each bezel. As you can see I added a thin strip of steel across the bottom of the MIP to provide added strength and a surface for the magnets to snap onto. The bezels snap securely in place and can be easily removed for dusting the screen, etc.

Flyboyandre

Figured I'd post a teaser of the projector screen during assembly process.

Flyboyandre

Figured I'd share a small update of my screen setup. I will post a full series of pictures from the screen construction on my blog with my next update.

tennyson

That's some seriously good woodworking skills there, Andre.

What is the total width of the wrap-around screen. looks like it might fit in my garage.

Frank Cooper

Flyboyandre

A bit over 12ft Frank

jetpilot

Andre,
Is the radius of your screen 6 ft?
Thanks
Roberto C

Flyboyandre

Quote from: jetpilot on November 29, 2012, 06:20:23 PM
Andre,
Is the radius of your screen 6 ft?
Thanks
Roberto C

A bit over 6 ft Roberto

Flyboyandre

Sorry for the lack of updates but it has been a busy couple of months at work during this holiday craze! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and that the new year has started well.
I decided to seize the forum updates of my project since it was hard to keep 5 forums going at the same time. I have now created a website where I will keep everyone updated in rapid fashion. The page also has it's own basic forum so feel free to use it.

Andre Nordheim
www.norwegianairshuttle737simulator.net

Here is a fink snip bit of the first live footage in flight.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid778.photobucket.com/albums/yy62/flyboyandre/LN-NOL%20737-800%20Album%202/2013-01-17_21-45-31_585_zps1f86d79e.mp4

fsaviator

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate