Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
505 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 505
Total: 505

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

jetmax

Started by hirail22, July 26, 2012, 12:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirail22

hi, interested in jetmax products, i would be keen to know about the quality etc. but i can't find anyone who has actually got anything, has anyone ordered and received one of these units?

Trevor Hale

Hi Bud, I have seen the JetMax product Demo'd and it is fantastic equipment.  (Same quality as anything FDS Puts out) So do not be worried that the price is less.  Its FDS and the Flightdeck Solutions group always stands behind what they do.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Steve, I will second what Trevor said...

I have sat in front of JetMax and flown on it and it is a beautiful high quality piece of equipment.   You would not have any regrets getting one.

FDS quality is impeccable.

Scott

Kennair

Unfortunately the Jetmax product line does have one failing THERE'S NO 777!

;D
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Units have been delivered in North America, Europe and many other parts of the world..
Migrate from desktop clutter to a neat cockpit in a few hours.
Here is a pic of the unit tested at our GetTogether event.

Jack

vidarf

I haven't seen any Jetmax products, but if they have the same level of quality as all other FDS products - they are among the very best! No need to look for reviews; if you want a setup like the Jetmax can provide, just go for it. You won't regret it.

hirail22

Sounds great, but I'm still searching for someone who actually has one

Trevor Hale

LOL I am sure if you ask Peter Cos or Steve Cos, they would say they had one LMFAO..  Maybe even two.  :idiot:
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

hirail22

Ha, you're probably right!

XOrionFE

Quote from: hirail22 on July 26, 2012, 01:13:39 PM
Sounds great, but I'm still searching for someone who actually has one

Hey Steve,

Pardon us for not actually "having" one but you were asking about the build quality and such and half the frequent flyers in the forum have seen and touched and test flown this unit in person and we wouldn't lead you wrong on choosing this product.  Keep in mind also that most of us have again seen and touched most of the available products in this hobby and you are not going to find a better opinion than the consensus here at CB on Jetmax.  It is awesome.

Scott

hirail22

Thanks Scott,
I've pretty much decided to go with it.

NAX228

I tried it in Lelystad last year. Mip looked good, but the tq was not.
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

vidarf

Let me just give you another VERY good reason why FDS / Jetmax should be considered VERY hard:
Back in 2008, I got a MIP from FDS. No glare shield at that time since I couldn't afford it. Then I got out of the hobby somewhat. Early this year, I picked it up again though. And this summer, I ordered my glare shield from FDS. A couple of weeks later, it arrived. But - it did not fit my old MIP directly due to some design changes over the years.
The guys over at FDS has worked closely with me on how to modify the parts I have so that the MIP and the glare shield would fit each other - despite that they aren't of the same "generation".
Earlier, I had a small issue with a MCP from FDS I bought around 2008 (I think). 4 years later, and I got all the support I needed in order to fix that issue (had to swap an encoder).

FDS - which is the same folks that started Jetmax - stand by their customers and offers a fantastic level of support. Even if you're a guy that does not spend the big bucks or order complete setups.

As for quality, I have absolutely no complaints. Everything I've purchased from "the Cos gang" has worked flawlessly, apart from 2-3 minor things that have been fixed without any problem (and one cannot expect that nothing ever fails).

Good luck on your choice. The important thing: keep it flying! :)

jackpilot

Quote from: NAX228 on July 30, 2012, 08:57:44 AM
I tried it in Lelystad last year. Mip looked good, but the tq was not.
The TQ you have seen was  a prototype as the new units  are just out now and have been fine tuned. There never has been before a decent 737 throttle priced in range for the desktop simmer and that looks the part like the Jetmax TQ.
It is on the High End of Desktop simming.. or entry level for cockpit builders wanting a realistic unit but watching budget. Excellent value at its price level and does not intend to compete with  units sold for three or four times its price.
Different goal.
Just check its features on the Jetmax site.
BTW, for the full size cockpits, FDS uses real 737 throttles, refurbished, repainted, interfaced, motorized etc..  Building a full cockpit is a daunting task as we all know, and the Jetmax purpose is to allow desktop pilots to assemble a very immersive and tested quality machine in a few days for a very reasonable budget.
Planning for months, building /experimenting for years, and budgeting 30+K$ is not everyone's cup of tea.
My 2ยข as a happy camper with FDS stuff.
Jack

Jack

Las

Hey Guys,

I am actually one of those who have the Jetmax SKTQ.

Now I have to agree with Jack and others,  we are talking about a top quality product for your money. (And yes, you could spend 30 to probably a 100 thousand dollar for a more elaborate setup, but that is different goal as Jack said it correctly.)

It completely changes the "desktop" flying into a whole lot more realistic environment, there is no comparison. It was fairly easy to assemble, including the hardware and the wiring, which is done in an ingenious way -harnessed together - so it is almost impossible to mess up. But if I needed help, Peter or Steve, in fact the entire team at FDS were there to help pronto.

I have just picked up the TQ and the tiller recently, unfortunately due to a PC malfunction have not been able to use them yet, but they both look very cool, can't wait to set them up.
I am very happy with the Jetmax product, the support, have nothing but nice things to say about FDS. It is a very exciting project, and later if one wishes to expand other features are, and will be available.

I hope this helps to make your decision, takes a few days to set it up, and you are ready to fly!

Happy landings!

Las

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate