Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
359 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 392
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Mike Leavy's visit to my Sim

Started by XOrionFE, August 05, 2012, 04:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

This last Friday I was very fortunate to be able to have Mike Leavy stop over while passing through Chicago on one of his flights.  Most of you probably know Mike and also now what a treat it was to have him visit my simulator.   For those who dont know, Mike is a UA 737 Pilot and one of Cockpitbuilders long time members and a fellow 737 builder.  CP (aka Firstinflight) also came by for the visit and CP and I were treated to a very thorough walk through of real world cockpit preparation and flows as well as a run through the checklists with Mike as we started up the engines and taxied out.  We made several flights around San Francisco testing out both my FSX\Wideview setup as well as enjoying the features of X-Plane-10 running on 3 computers with seperate projected visuals at full 1080 resolution.   The sim had its fair share of hiccups as it is still a work in progress each day.   The TQ still isnt done so Saitek was the order of the day but we had a great time nonetheless sharing stories, learning, having some pizza.  That is what this hobby is really about.....isnt it afterall?

Anyway, here is picture of us with CP on the left, me in the center, and Mike on the right standing in front of my 737.

Thanks again Mike for the visit and cant wait to have you by again sometime when your passing through.  Also can't wait to visit your sim someday in Texas.

Scott

MLeavy737

Just wanted to say thanks again Scott!! I really had a great time :) Was nice to finally meet you and your family. Thanks for spending the day flying and driving lol..

Scotts sim is a true work of art thats needs to be seen in person.  Even at an early Xplane and software stage it was alot of fun to fly! The visuals are stunning and i cant see doing anything different to my setup when i get there. Total immersion. Now i see what all the hype has been about with these curved displays and 3 projectors :)

Hope to stop by again sometime!

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate