Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 07:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
373 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 373
Total: 373

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

liners magic

Started by jackpilot, September 24, 2012, 05:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Got liners and windows .
Easy to do but requires careful planning...visual satisfaction guaranteed!!
A big plus of surface mount yokes is that they can be moved away when needed  :D
Will post more pics when completed.

Jack

AVIATor-Olav

They look great! Too bad there are no 727 liners available off the shelf! :P

HondaCop

jackpilot

Quote from: AVIATor-Olav on September 24, 2012, 06:22:55 AM
They look great! Too bad there are no 727 liners available off the shelf! :P

Those would probably fit a 727, real ones must be avail but pretty well worn out !!. All depends on your own "realistic/pragmatic" ratio :D

Jack

Joe Lavery

Jack,

They look really smart, are they the FDS ones?

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

N737AG

Jack

Isn't unpacking and putting them into the flightdeck just a great pleasure ? I remember mine ... felt like a child on Christmas day.

I'm happy for you Jack ... enjoy

Axel

jackpilot

Yep, FDS stuff

Real nice
Pic was taken this morning and some 2 hours'work later the FO side is complete, including speakers hooked up and wiring for Grimes lights. Nice engineering. Left side will be a breeze

Jack

DaveC

Looks really nice Jack.  Really jealous!

Dve C.

ETomlin

Wow, Jack. That's really nice! I know you are proud of them. I'm super excited that I will be getting some nice liners too for the LJ45 from Shane Barnes. It really adds to the 'feel' doesnt it?!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jackpilot

Thanks  Guys,
Two aspects, 1) you suddenly sit into something "finished" as opposed to a bare structure, wires hanging, see through parts etc which are not really credible. 2) with the windows on, the whole ambiant sound is different.
A bit like  sitting for the first time on a Weber/Ipeco and "buckling up" a harness after months spent on a folding wooden chair!   ;D

Great fun

Jack

Joe Lavery

Geeezz... how much for the wooden chairs Jack... ;)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Jetcos

I still have our plastic ones! Cheap...
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

jackpilot

Ha! good ol 320 in the basement!!  precious.
Jack

Jack

shaneb

Looks great Jack . . liners sure add to the overall feel!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Spent the whole day finishing it.... what a big toy!!

Jack

shaneb

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

I have no real merit, just assembling a very well designed product.
A little bit of bracket adjutments (we are talking mm. here) to end up with a perfect fit.
All in all including positionning the roof speakers and a wire harness from front to back (just in case ) can be done in a day.

Windows: Held with double sided tape.
I followed Steve's instructions and managed well. Side windows are set inside, before installing the liners. As for front windshield I set them outside so that they can be removed (held with screws) which gives an easy access (glareshield removable too) to the MCP or top MIP spaghettis from outside the shell.
The Stock Boeing handles fit impeccably with 2 bolts. They are 100% effective (strong enough to be used as intended)

Jack

Jack

shaneb

You have to appreciate a well designed product that fits/functions as it was designed.  Nothing worse than having to re-engineer because a product is faulty! 

steveeverson

Hi Jack,
Looking great!. I want to make some replica handles and wondered if you would be able to post the dimensions.
cheers
Steve :)
another bedroom boeing....

fordgt40

Steve

Here you are

EDIT photos courtesy of Emesis.

jackpilot

Steve,

The look is easy to duplicate, but they are a nice piece of engineering, they fold back and this is not easy to reproduce.
Check with Nick at APHIS he has some for a decent $
http://www.oncealoft.com/
Just my 2ยข
Jack

Jack

sluyt050

Quote from: jackpilot on September 30, 2012, 05:11:12 AM
I have no real merit, just assembling a very well designed product.
A little bit of bracket adjutments (we are talking mm. here) to end up with a perfect fit.
All in all including positionning the roof speakers and a wire harness from front to back (just in case ) can be done in a day.

Windows: Held with double sided tape.
I followed Steve's instructions and managed well. Side windows are set inside, before installing the liners. As for front windshield I set them outside so that they can be removed (held with screws) which gives an easy access (glareshield removable too) to the MCP or top MIP spaghettis from outside the shell.
The Stock Boeing handles fit impeccably with 2 bolts. They are 100% effective (strong enough to be used as intended)

Jack

Great cockpit and pictures Jack! FDS makes really great products (I recently met Peter Cos in Lelystad).

I am just starting with the visuals here and like to go the same route concerning FDS nose section & liners.
Do you have a link to Steve's instructions?
And the wire harness you installed, could you tell a bit more on where you put it and the brand you used?

Thanks!
Edward

jackpilot

Hi Edwad
Instructions come with the kit, basically intuitive.

I ran two harnesses, one on each side of the overhead (plenty of room) long enough to go from the back of the sim to well in front of the nose. Too long is never a problem.
About 10 color coded 22-24 gauge and five Heavy gauge for 12V lighting /relay etc + a few HD black grounds. Will probably never use them all but they are ready to roll.

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate