Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
504 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

iPad as an EFB for home cockpit use ?

Started by Nick1150, October 31, 2012, 09:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick1150

I would like to use my iPad 1 as an EFB in my cockpit. Preferably I would like to except the usual staf, meaning charts, maps, etc, to be able to view if that is possible the VATSIM/IVAO traffic in the area.

Is there any software in the market that can do that ?

I am googling and I cannot see anything but strate professional out there.

Thanks

Nick
Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

blueskydriver

Nick,

You need Avilasoft EFB and Ipad Air Display. Avilasoft is the best one and Air Display will allow you to see it on the Ipad, but the thing is, the Avilasoft program would be run on another client computer... I do this way and I am very, very happy with it!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

AVIATor-Olav

I've also thought of getting an Ipad and run Squawk box on it. Has anyone successfully done that?

tennyson

I have 2 main ipad apps.
The first is FSWidgets EFB, for use outside of Australia.

The very best app that I've found for simming is OzRunways, but it's only for Oz and New zealand.

Dropbox is also very handy for placing any of your docs (such as flight plans or charts) within easy reach of the ipad.

I also have some other apps such as FS Calc for working out fuel, B737 MRG, which has an explanation of all systems on the NG.

I have a Asus Transformer and tried some of the Google aviation apps, but the ipad had better apps for me.

Here's my sidewalls with the inbuilt ipad plinth:

Frank Cooper

blueskydriver

You could always use VNC lite for Ipad to connect back to any other computer with squawkbox, Avilasoft or whatever. I use it for everything I can!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

AVIATor-Olav

Ok, so if I run squawk box on a client, I can connect the Ipad to that through VNC light and hence be able to do all my squawk box stuff on the Ipad, is that it? Would be a lot more elegant than sitting with my laptop while flying on Vatsim.

blueskydriver

Yes, install TightVNC on client with SB on it, Lite VNC on Ipad and you're all set...

John

Garys

Nice work on the sidewall Frank. That looks really good.

Gary

AVIATor-Olav

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 01, 2012, 09:10:56 AM
Yes, install TightVNC on client with SB on it, Lite VNC on Ipad and you're all set...

John

Great, thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Think I'll get an Ipad instead of a new laptop.

tennyson

Thanx, Gary.
Got an FDS shell on it's way for those little baby's to live in.

Olav, will you be buying the full sized ipad or the mini?
Even if the mini were available when I bought mine, I'd still go with the full size, as it is, I'm struggling to read some of the fonts...(old age creeping up).

Frank Cooper

Nick1150

I came across Airtrack for ipad

It seems a descent app.

Has anyone tried this ?

Thanks

Nick

Nick1150

I did purchased it yesterday.

Seems like a nice an useful app.

It connects through the server's IP and get info from FSX. The usefull thing here is that you can upload pdf charts on it and get on the fly before T/O or landing.

Nice app, but I have to spend some time with it before I suggest it to fellow builders.

Regards,
Nick

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate