Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
722 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 722
Total: 722

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ProSim737 Price Jump come Feb 1, 2013...buy it now to save $.

Started by blueskydriver, January 15, 2013, 04:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

If you do not own an Aircraft Suite already or you want to own more than one, right now is the time to purchase the ProSim737 Suite. The developers annouced on their website about a near 100% price increase, so that's from €400 to €800! Therefore, if you want to save money, you'd better get off the fence real soon...

Please understand that I am not advocating for ProSim, I am just re-posting known information to us niche builders here on CB. Besides, any news that will save anyone a few bucks on one side will surely be used on another...like hardware.

Finally, there are other suites to purchase and you have to evaluate each one to your own needs. Thus, please research all of them and decide based on what type of sim you're building, because even though you can save money, sometimes you do get what you pay for or you paid for the wrong thing.

Best Regards

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jskibo

Its actually 300 Euro to 600 Euro, the 400 quoted is for those that pay a VAT.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

co735

+1 on the thanks/reminder.  I was well off the fence for a while, was just waiting to fnish up the new sim computer before purchasing...still not finished the sim computer, but at least I have the SW to drive it!

Matt
**STILL building**

jskibo

Thankfully the latest build solved the FDS CDU install issue introduced in version 1.2
Less than 4 years to retirement......

MLeavy737

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

MLeavy737

Quote from: cmdurney on January 16, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
How's it coming along Mike?

Chris,
Hi thanks for checking.  Not sure if you saw however here is a link to last update in November.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=2733.0

can't say I have done too much since then.  With 4 kids around the holiday season not much of anything gets done :) 3 weeks sinus infection didn't help all that much either! 

I did however make some changes that are not quite noticeable though. Within the last few months I started to port the server and interface code over to c#. I've always been a c+ programmer so c# took a little getting used to. Now I'm somewhat up to speed with what I need to know at least, things will progress much faster in that area I believe.

One thing I really have to laugh at is the displays themselves. As you can see I've been developing the round dial displays because thats what Ive been flying in for the last 5 years.  About a month ago the company sent out a training bulletin saying that we are transitioning over to the PFD/ND displays now lol!  I finally just finished getting all the measurements and data for the old type, now I'll have to do it all over again for the new ones! Lol.  Whatever, I guess it will be fun to have both :)

Hopefully I'll have more updates soon!

Mike L

cmdurney

Hi Mike,
Sorry for late reply been away on multiple trips ::)

Love what you are creating with C# ....must be very satisfying mate. Look forward to more updates ;)

I would like to start playing around with C# and maybe go down the same road as you, but look at A320 instead....I have know programming experience so won't really know where to start. Could you recommend a book or software program to buy?

Thanks mike, oh do you fly for UAL ? I flu for Atlantic Coast Airlines out of KIAD on CRJ for 5 years....Best flying I ever did!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

MLeavy737

Quote from: cmdurney on February 02, 2013, 02:28:56 PM
Hi Mike,
Sorry for late reply been away on multiple trips ::)

Love what you are creating with C# ....must be very satisfying mate. Look forward to more updates ;)

I would like to start playing around with C# and maybe go down the same road as you, but look at A320 instead....I have know programming experience so won't really know where to start. Could you recommend a book or software program to buy?

Thanks mike, oh do you fly for UAL ? I flu for Atlantic Coast Airlines out of KIAD on CRJ for 5 years....Best flying I ever did!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

Chris,
  No problem.. I always feel like Im flying all the time too with no time to reply to anyone here as well lol. 

ACA Huu? Cool. They were my first airline interview in KIAD when I had about 1k hrs or so.  No one in my group got hired so I guess we all sucked :)  honestly I thought the interviewers were a bunch of A-holes with no personality lol.  I remember leaving that place saying screw the airlines, I'm never doing that shit again! Turned out good though, I flew corporate for the next bunch of years. 6k hrs later  interviewed  with CAL and got hired there on the 737.  Merged with UAL so now here I am :)

As far as programming goes I would stick with c# and just get a few good beginner books to get used to the language and learn the basics before you attempt something like an avionics package. You'll also need to use a graphics API and for c# I would recommend OpenTK I guess.  Avionics use OpenGL and that is a graphics library for use with C#. I'm using C++ so I have not used that OpenTK library but I hear it's pretty good.  You'll also need to learn some Networking as the software relies heavily on networked computers.  Obviously.  After that you'll prob want to integrate your hardware to your avionics so you'll need to develop some code to marry your avionics to the hardware of choice. Can always use FSUIPC dev code I suppose.

All of this also depends on how well you know how the avionics for the A320 are supposed to work.  Last thing you want to do is develop code then have to go back and change it because you realized the avionics work different than you expected!

If your serious and need more help send me a PM and I'll try to help ya out the best I can.

Mike L

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate