Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 04:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
556 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 583
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

This should make the conversation fun

Started by fsaviator, January 20, 2013, 10:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

One other note on X-Plane that is not obvious to everyone just dabbling with it a day or two then shelving it is that in the back end there is a ton of powerful tools.   When you start looking into the Datarefs there is soooo much available as far as parameters for cockpit builders that are tweak able and expand greatly what one can achieve.   Planemaker unlocks so many functions and is so easy to use.  For those making turboprops like the Kingair, X-Plane CORRECTLY models the prop functions, reverse/beta range handling etc which is not possible in FSx or Prepar3d (if you are a turbo prop simmer in FSX or P3d you are really missing out...).

Another positive of X-plane that may not be well known is that it is super easy to back up and move to other computers.  Just copy the X-Plane folder.  That's it.  No reinstallation needed.   Can't do that with FSX or P3d.....

On a couple scenery notes in X-plane.... First of all the lighting is unbelievable.  Looks the closest to real world I have ever seen including anything REX can dish out.   Sun and sky are just amazing especially with 64 bit and HDR turned on.   Last night I was sitting at the hold short of 32L at ORD and in night time and I looked out to my left down at the runway lighting and could see the little light housings embedded in the runway protruding slightly above the surface including the little plate and screws on top of the housing while seeing the glow of light coming out the side lense.  Utterly amazing.   Sounds stupid but taxi around a light pole!  See the lighting effects and shadow details.  Then taking off and watching the traffic flow of actual individual little cars and trucks on the free way with red tail lights moving away from you and headlights coming toward you that when passing under bridges actually disappear beneath them while reflection of headlights on pavement still showing out from under the bridge.   Yep, Xplane scenery is pretty bad alright...hmmm..

again, you really need to open up and look under the hood with x-plane in order to reveal its wonders and possibilities.  Take the time to really explore it thoroughly and you might just rethink your simming world as I did and a few others have here.

Scott

tennyson

Scott,
I stand corrected. I had no idea that developers were making scenery for X-Plane.

As for the 64 bit version of P3D, I was referring to the future plans of P3D. I'm pretty sure I've read of their intent to do so in the coming future, either on the P3D forum or somewhere else.

I've got a copy of P3D and I loded it and ran it for some time, but I couldn't see enough difference between it and FSX, so I changed back.
As I said, I love flying the coastal routes of Australia, especially with the ORBX scenery, so I can't see anything coming along too soon that will fill that void for me.

Frank Cooper

rhysb

Scott,

Well summed up!

if you are going to give xplane a fair crack at the whip run it constant for a week or a few days with no FSX go and get some of the best freeware scenery for it and enjoy.

Also xplane fully simulates icing as well. FSX can draw textures on a virtual cockpit etc but doesn't model how this affects an aircraft in flight etc.

Frank, take a look at the 2 freeware Aussie airports I posted in the xplane scenery thread they are only freeware!!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Kennair

Lol, Scott you should write the cover review for X-plane packaging  ;D

Have to agree on the night lighting, along with water reflections.  Seeing dawn or dusk sunshine glistening over the water is amazingly real and low flying over city areas last time I saw a police car with lights a blazing racing down the freeway!  It's only missing the siren noise (which you wouldn't hear in a real cockpit anyway).

As to which is better FSX, XP10 or P3D, its always going to be up to the individual but it sure is great to have a choice.  I do think however that using a PC per view changes the game entirely for any of the platforms and takes it into another league altogether.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

XOrionFE

BTW - to be totally fair and show that I am not fully biased toward x-plane, on my GA sim I have all the Orbx scenery which I think is the best out there bar none for FSX along with most of the Aerosoft airports.  I love flying in Orbx with my Flight1 C182 and Flight1tech/emuteq G1000s.   Perfect setup for GA and a TH2Go 3 monitor setup.   

I love that we have choices.

As for X-plane suit, it would be nice if everyone could go to their site and support Austin against these thugs trying to bleed money with frivolous unfounded lawsuits by signing his petition.  Whether an Xplane fan or not we all need to help protect these developers with our strong unified voices!

Scott

fsaviator

Quote from: XOrionFE on January 21, 2013, 04:49:03 AM
BTW - to be totally fair and show that I am not fully biased toward x-plane, on my GA sim I have all the Orbx scenery which I think is the best out there bar none for FSX along with most of the Aerosoft airports.  I love flying in Orbx with my Flight1 C182 and Flight1tech/emuteq G1000s.   Perfect setup for GA and a TH2Go 3 monitor setup.   

I love that we have choices.

As for X-plane suit, it would be nice if everyone could go to their site and support Austin against these thugs trying to bleed money with frivolous unfounded lawsuits by signing his petition.  Whether an Xplane fan or not we all need to help protect these developers with our strong unified voices!

Scott

I hear you, Scott.  I'm the same on the scenery...  not a day goes by I don't regret getting rid of my Piper sim.  I do miss flying low and slow over nice scenery.

As for the petition, already signed
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jskibo

Having had a chance to fly Scott's sim with Xplane 64bit I'll +1 him, and say it really is amazing visually, the colors, lighting, fluidity and detail make my P3D look cartoonish.

Until I get time to upgrade 2 more machines, I'll be stuck with P3D :)

Then again, I could go fly it stretched screen across 3 as I have it loaded on my GA pit in the basement.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Garys

I think its fair to say that xplane 10 has a lot of great features, looks nice, fly's nice. For me it isn't even about the lack of scenery as with HDR enabled the sim looked fantastic.

But what good is all that when you cant even get the latest version in 32 or 64 bit to project onto a curved screen with $$ warping software that works flawlessly in any other program without having to put your hand in your pocket once again to purchase updated software ?

I gave it a shot. A good shot. Alot of us are using projection on curved screens so I ask: What version of xplane are you using, what warping software are you using and does it work?

Gary

XOrionFE

hello Gary,

I had no problems with warping and looked great with projection at 1920x1080.   I just had projector problems with bad pixels so switched to TVs.  I ran on both FlyElise and Nthusim and neither had issues with X-Plane so not sure why you think there is a problem.

Scott

Garys

Thanks Scott, good to know.

Is anybody else then having issues with the warpalizer plugin not working?

Gary

727737Nut

Hey Scott,
Just so you know, you can get proportional reverse on jets and turboprops in FSX. Just have to set it up right.   ;)
737 Junkie

fsaviator

Quote from: 727737Nut on January 21, 2013, 10:49:58 AM
Hey Scott,
Just so you know, you can get proportional reverse on jets and turboprops in FSX. Just have to set it up right.   ;)

Please share
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

XOrionFE

yes, please share.  I have never been able to and researched it pretty heavily.  Especially turbo probs.   Everything I ever read about it in FSX said forget about...its broken.   I had the PMDG J41 and even in their documentation they say it is near impossible to make it perfect because FSX lacks the right code to handle it.

Scott

jskibo

Not sure what the program is doing, but when I pull up one reverser is show a proportional input on my MiP
Less than 4 years to retirement......

727737Nut

I talked to Scott on the phone, all I did was set up my real 737 TQ as follows,  using fsuipc, full throttle was +16383,  Idle was your 2 center boxes, and full reverse was the other box.  This gave me proportional reverse in FSX everytime with any Jet.

Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate