Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 12:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
552 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another video - Gibraltar to Madeira

Started by Maurice, January 22, 2013, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

While some of you are debating the virtues of FSX vs XP or TVs vs Projectors, I'm just busy flying with FSX and my 3 non HD projectors. Yes, I am very much convinced that XP with TVs beats FSX with projectors by a country mile.

But I have stopped chasing rainbows and I am content to fly with what I have, which is something immensely better than my wildest dreams of just 5 years ago. I also know that something even better will replace XP with TVs or HD projectors in a few years and the merry go round will start again, so I am off that crazy ride forever and I feel a great sense of relief.

So here is a video of a flight from Gibraltar to Madeira Rwy 05. This is a fun VOR/visual approach and thanks to unruly A.I., I had to land just over & past a plane backtracking on that runway. It was a close call but the landing was successful. And so what if the flight model does not behave exactly like a real 737? I don't know the difference anyway  :)

I also experimented with Corel VideoStudio X4 for the editing part and the result, although far from professional, is a little better than my earlier videos.

http://youtu.be/WB2jxcnUbls

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

Nat Crea

Great stuff Mau....you just reminded me is no
"Perfect" SIM...5 seconds after drooling over Scotts and Rhys' s videos!  ;)
And that's exactly why I'll go dual Visual soon :o
Nat

blueskydriver

Hey Maurice,

There is a program part of FSUIPC called AI zapper that allows you to zap AI planes within a user set distance of your plane. So, if you're on final and AI gets in your way, or what if you're taxiing and one goes head-to-head with you leaving no way to turn. Well, you'd setup a key or button to just zap them out of the way...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 22, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
Hey Maurice,

There is a program part of FSUIPC called AI zapper that allows you to zap AI planes within a user set distance of your plane. So, if you're on final and AI gets in your way, or what if you're taxiing and one goes head-to-head with you leaving no way to turn. Well, you'd setup a key or button to just zap them out of the way...

John

That's great. I'll have to try that as this happened several times to me.

Thanks for the tip,

Maurice

jackpilot

Right attitude Mau... you have my seal of approval :D

Jack

tennyson

Hey Mau,
As a rookie builder, you have no idea how inspiring those vids are.

Your visuals were smooth and very clear.

I see that your screen has no joins and that the field of view is more than 180 degrees.

That's the type of visuals I'm aiming for, now. I don't want to blank out my back windows.

Thanx for the effort in presenting this great vid, mate.

Frank Cooper

rhysb

Maurice,

Agree great video and fantastic setup, I totally agree with your comment on being more than we ever dreamed for! It's true years ago your setup was a pipe dream! Great video.

Ps as a pilot who has flown into Madeira many times and still gets slightly nervous after passing the Funchal VOR I have to applaud your skills on your landing :) great stuff!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

FredK

Maurice -

I enjoyed your video.

I noticed that you get "V" callouts during the take-off roll.  First audio communication I get is "positive rate".  I need to check that one out.

Using SIM-A of course.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Maurice

Quote from: FredK on January 23, 2013, 05:43:31 AM
Maurice -

I enjoyed your video.

I noticed that you get "V" callouts during the take-off roll.  First audio communication I get is "positive rate".  I need to check that one out.

Using SIM-A of course.

Fred

Strange! I don't recall doing anything special to hear those callouts. Can you find the callouts in the SimA sound files folder?

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on January 22, 2013, 10:41:17 PM
Maurice,

Ps as a pilot who has flown into Madeira many times and still gets slightly nervous after passing the Funchal VOR I have to applaud your skills on your landing :) great stuff!

Thanks Rhys. It's easy to stay cool when the only worry is a slight bruise to one's ego as opposed to killing yourself & a few hundred passengers :)

Maurice

blueskydriver

Maurice,

You could always add X-Pax (from Hi-Fi, same people who make Active Sky) and then you'll have all the screams and faces of death...okay, maybe not faces of death, but you'd get the feeling that those passengers are a new form of blender food from you mixing them all about.

Anyway, if you want that sound effect and for it too be easy to setup, as well as use. Then you should give it a try... I run it from a network computer and it does not task the FSX computer at all.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

John,

Do the 'passengers' applaud when you grease a landing? . If yes, I want that :)

Maurice

jackpilot

Maurice -

Fred
On possible expl.
To get Vspeeds you need to go through the CDU Perf page.
If you TO without programming your flight in the CDU you will not have them on the PFD nor on callouts
JP

Jack

blueskydriver

Hey Maurice,

Not sure on that one, but it could be an easy thing to do. You just need a way to read the feet per minute (fpm), apply a range to equal a greased landing, and then have a sound file play. On the vnorthwest.com (virtual northwest) they use an ACARS that reads just about every variable you can think of, and one of those is fpm upon touchdown. Thus, the data is within FS9/FSX, so it's just a matter of pulling it. I will send those guys an email tonight... Also, I will email Hi-Fi to ask them because X-Pax works upon triggers, so the same thing could be used to produce the sound. Additionally, within X-Pax any sound/wav file could edited to add the happy, clapping pax.

Like X-Pax, FSPassengersX is a different, but similar program; although, the programmer has stopped updating it years ago. Still, it is a good program...if you do not land over 500 fpm that is; otherwise, you'll blow the tires and have the fire trucks racing too you! This program also has a co-pilot that'll "Bitch"...uh, remind you about your good or lack thereof flying.

Have you heard of FS2Crew? It is more like co-pilot and flight attendant add-on. It gives you the interaction and enjoyment of "you" talking to your computer. I use X-Pax and FS2Crew for every flight, even on VaTSim. I gave up on FS2Crew because after you fly a 3 hour flight on VatSim and to only land a little hard...barely over 500 fpm...the tires blow and the entire flight resets you to the starting point. Normally, I don't land that fast, but at crowded fly-ins the ATC sometimes try to dive you in as opposed to guide you in...lol.

I know you don't do VatSim, but have you ever used VoxATC in your sim? It is a whole lot better then FSX ATC button/number selection. Let me know, I have it, but don't use it...I can loan it too you, if you want.

John

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 23, 2013, 09:55:52 AM
Hey Maurice,

I will send those guys an email tonight... Also, I will email Hi-Fi to ask them because X-Pax works upon triggers, so the same thing could be used to produce the sound. Additionally, within X-Pax any sound/wav file could edited to add the happy, clapping pax.

John

John,

I was just kidding when I said I wanted to hear passengers applauding my landings  :)
But thanks for the ideas anyway...I can always count of you to think about something or other to make the sim more real.

Have you seen any men in white coats and/or black SUVs lurking around your house yet? I'm sure the cockpit outside must have sparked their 'interest' in you  ;D

Maurice

fsaviator

Very nice, Mau.

Thanks...  I was balancing my checkbook...  now I'm off to fly
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

XOrionFE

Awesome Video Maurice.   

More please :-)

Scott

Maurice

John,

I just tried the Zapper and I LOVE it, especially after replacing the zapping sound with heavy machine gun fire  ;D

Thanks again for the tip,

Maurice

FredK

Quote from: jackpilot on January 23, 2013, 09:21:17 AM
Maurice -

Fred
On possible expl.
To get Vspeeds you need to go through the CDU Perf page.
If you TO without programming your flight in the CDU you will not have them on the PFD nor on callouts
JP

The thing is I routinely do the CDU performance page and the V speeds do appear on the speed tape.  I just don't get the callouts....never have as a matter of fact.  Currently using the most recent sound file and recently did a complete reload of SIM-A to be consistent with the new file structure.

I need to do some snooping in the sound file.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate