Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
346 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Rolling into the crosswind

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, November 05, 2009, 03:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

At EGLL for a bit of practice and Wideview adjustments. Made a go-around at Heathrow and a couple of T&Gs at RAF Northolt before finishing up back at stand 121 at Heathrow.

I think the biggest problem I'm having with Wideview are the two 19" monitors on the left and left forward view. Neither are widescreen and I just don't seem to be able to dial these two in as well as the other three.

The other three are fine.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ak49er

That is a great shot. Nice, really.
FS9, FSUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD
XPlane XUIPC, WideFS, FreeFD

Boeing Skunk Works

Thanks! When I saw that I had to pause it and jump out and get the camera.

My head starts playing tricks on me this close to the ground with this many monitors.

Maurice

If the visuals were totally seamless, it would be hard to tell this isn't a real 727 cockpit. Great job Mike .

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Boeing Skunk Works

Thanks Maurice. If I only had a few more feet of room in front of the sim projectors would be nice. But I'll settle for what I can do with the limited space I have.

I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I started this. In fact I had no plans to even build it this far.

Five years ago I said there's no way I could build a 727 with no support, plans, or parts, etc. So I did it anyway.

Maurice

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 05, 2009, 11:59:05 PM

I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I started this. In fact I had no plans to even build it this far.

I know exactly what you mean. When I started my throttle, it began with a few pieces of weed (I mean wood  ;) and all I wanted was something different than the throttle on a CH Yoke. And this what it began to look like

Then insanity took over and after more than a year of ample cursing the day when I started this madness, the end product was this. Don't know exactly when the crucial switch to insanity took place but I think it was progressive.  ;)

Maurice

Trevor Hale

Nice Job Mike.  Never ceases to amaze me how many pictures I see of your setup, I always notice something that I never saw before.  Nicely done.

Mau, Great throttle.  I have to admit, You guys that build your own throttles that look that good, really blow my mind.

Excellent work.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Quote from: maurice on November 06, 2009, 12:54:35 AM
Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 05, 2009, 11:59:05 PM

I know exactly what you mean. When I started my throttle, it began with a few pieces of weed (I mean wood  ;) and all I wanted was something different than the throttle on a CH Yoke. And this what it began to look like

Then insanity took over and after more than a year of ample cursing the day when I started this madness, the end product was this. Don't know exactly when the crucial switch to insanity took place but I think it was progressive.  ;)

Maurice

Same here. I just wanted something more than a desktop. I didn't have plans for it to snowball into this. I mean, I didn't just sit down one day and say, "I think I'll build a 727 over the next five years."

I was three years into it when I realized what was happening!

"The line between insanity and genius is measured only by success"

Elliot Carver

ETomlin

Hey Mike

I know it'd be lots of work, but have you considered removing the bezels from the monitors and building a custom stand for those to sit in there all aligned with each other very tightly? I think that would give you excellent visuals considering your small space. It already looks good- it'd look awesome if you could do something akin to what Im thinking here. I know with your building skills you'd do a knock out job of it.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Boeing Skunk Works

That's worth a hard look to investigate that idea.

Maurice

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on November 06, 2009, 03:06:07 AM
That's worth a hard look to investigate that idea.

Too late for the 'hard look'. Since the idea has popped up, you are already committed whether you realize it or not  ;)

Maurice

Boeing Skunk Works

Well maybe. I'll have to study it awhile.

I do know I'm replacing one of the 19" monitors next Friday with another one of the 22" monitors I just got, and the other one two weeks after that.

I really want to get the WidevieW working fluidly.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate