Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
589 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

727 is going to fly again soon

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, January 29, 2013, 07:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

I start on the base decking in a couple of weeks when I take an 11 day vacation. Looks like it's going to be around 6' widening to 8' at the rear. I cleared the room of everything except a lot of books that I have no where to go with. I'll cover those with plastic.

The carpeting is going to be covered with a couple of layers of 6 mil plastic sheeting to keep the sawdust out of it until major construction of the decking and shell is complete.

I ordered a new Porter-Cable 1/2" 18V drill and 6-1/2" circular saw for construction. I wore out the DeWalt from the last build. Clutch is shot and reversing switch no longer functions and the batteries have had it.

This will use components of my previous 727, but will be a dual seater. Not sure about the dual controls yet. I'm undecided but I'm building in the option to be able to build it in at any point.

The overhead is being re-wired and there will be additional functionality that I did not have before because of the method used to build it. Fire handles will be working along with the bells and bottle discharge selection, the trim wheels on the control stand will be working, and several other overhead functions that I wanted to wire, but never seemed to find the time to do it.

I have an 11'x13' room with 9' ceilings and...NO CHIMNEY!!!  ::)
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

Hey !

Great news!
Happy to have you  back on the building craze!
Do you have the hardware for the FO side?
Jack

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

Nope, no yoke and no seat. On the upside, no FO either.  :laugh:

blueskydriver

Talk about weird! Scott and I were just talking about you last week Thursday before Karen and I went too his place. First, I could not remember your name, but Scott figured it out. Then, we tried to remember your project; we knew it was a half of something...we then guessed the B727.

However, we just couldn't remember the last time you posted or anyone heard from you? And POOF! Here you are back posting...that is so weird.

Good to see you back Mike,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Boeing Skunk Works

I can't hardly believe anyone could forget the 727 and how I used to go on and on about it, posting pictures all of the time about projects, flights, manuals, etc.

Well, get used to it again!

XOrionFE

Haha,

No I didnt forget about your project Michael.  John is mistaken.   I merely was having an old guy dead brain cell minute when he was asking me to remember another 727 guru in the midwest.   Of course who can forget your sim.    :)

I always wanted to get down there and see it and still hope to someday when I am in Southern Illinois.   And of course the invitation is always there for you if you come up this way.  Of course if you ever do you also have to bring along your guitar!

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

Will do.

I took a few photos this morning, but it's just the major assemblies in position. The instrument panel isn't even up yet. I have to build a new dual seat stand to hold it.

I learned a lot about building the first 727 and what to do and what didn't work so well. I'll use that in this next build. I'm very happy to have enough room to build it as I want it this time.

blueskydriver

Hey Michael,

Now that you're adding the other side, if you want you can come up and visit me to see the B727 sitting outside. You might get some inspiration from seeing it up close and personal again...

Otherwise, Scott is right, I was mistaken. He was the one who remembered; although, I have to agree both he and I were going through old guy dead brain cell minute. What made it worse was, Scott says "by the way, how old are you John?" When I told him and he said that he is younger than me, I felt the old guy part a whole lot more!

Oh well, not too assume that Scott is older or anything, but it was just a quick reminder about my own age. You knows it's true though, time really does fly when you're having fun...

One last thing, Michael you need to post some updated pictures...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

AVIATor-Olav

Hi Michael. Good to hear the 727 build continues! I'll be following your progress for sure!

Tor

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate