Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 11:26:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
577 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 577
Total: 577

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Anyone heard of Simquads?

Started by jskibo, January 29, 2013, 08:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

Saw this posted in the AVSIM board....

http://simquads.com/view-our-products/detail/7-quadrants/flypage/46-737-ng-quadrant.html?sef=hcfp

Seems like a low cost solution for non-motorized folks at $850

Lead time of 1-2 months seems like its build to order, but then so is just about anyone else.

I like my rev sim and not looking, but maybe something to consider if you're in the market now....

727 area code is Tampa / Clearwater area.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Sam Llorca

Yeap, they are near by me, nothing but a warehouse but prices are good, also this other supplier is good, prices are higher but so is the quality,

http://www.sismo-soluciones.com/

Hope it helps.

macisaac

I have made repeated attempts to contact and order a throttle from simquads over the past year and I have never received a response.   Their own home page has a note from May 2012 stating their problems are almost over.  I guess they thought wrong.    Sadly, I don't think anyone makes a non motorized scale 737 throttle for under $1000.   If I am wrong , PLEASE someone correct me.   Sam, I had no idea gismo-soluciones had a throttle quad.  Can you please provide the link.   

Cheers

Boeing Skunk Works

I think if I were you I'd pass on this company. Nice eye candy and vaporware though.

No contact after a year of trying?
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Sam Llorca

Sorry Jhon-Paul, my mistake they don't make a T/Q yet but I was talking to one of their sales rep. And they are on the process of bring in it into the market.  Cheers,

jackpilot

Quote from: OmniAtlas on January 30, 2013, 02:16:57 AM
Haven't heard from them since.
I would try Jetmax; I have one on order and hope to receive it soon.

In the non motorized league this is probably the best deal, built here in NA, from a proven reliable source...
http://www.jetmax.ca/components/jetmax-737tq/

Jack

macisaac

It would appear that JetMax is my only choice, though its a bit new and FDS won't guarantee 100% compatibly with X-Plane 10 / Mac compatibility.  I did get an email, and others did to, from Simquads letting us know that they are still trying to lick their fabrication and supplier  issues.  My only concern is they mentioned not wanting to sacrifice quality for cost, so I have a feeling that the price will go up when/if their products become reality.    Their early -300 quad would look right at home in my rope start -300.   US air has sent most of their -300 to the boneyard last December, so we should start to see some real units coming onto the market shortly.  Ah, the waiting game.  My least favorite part of this hobby.   

Cheers

jackpilot

Quote from: macisaac on January 30, 2013, 12:15:37 PM
FDS won't guarantee 100% compatibly with X-Plane 10 / Mac compatibility. 

Maybe I,m missing something but a TQ is just pots and switches,
If Xplane can take and calibrate  a joystick it can take and calibrate a TQ.
No?

Jack

macisaac

The main issue for me,  with configuring a throttle for X-Plane,  is matching up the function with the data ref.    I have to rely on what X-Plane supports directly and anything that might require a script or driver will not work on my Mac.  I know from talking with SimQuads, that they use Leo Bodnar's BU0836 board to drive their throttles and those boards are 100% Mac compatible.  I know I would have to replace their reverser push buttons with slide pots for full reverser support in X-Plane, but after speaking with them,  it does not seem too difficult of a mod.  In the case of the JetMax throttle, I feel a bit uncomfortable taking apart a $1300 throttle and hacking it to suit my needs knowing already it requires FSUIPC to assign functions and has later NG style levers.    A real throttle (last few on ebay went for $1000-$1200)  would be exactly what I am looking for and I would be able to wire it up any way I want for minimal effort and cost.   I have zero interest in motorizing anything mostly due again to direct support from X-plane to a Mac compatible USB output device, though using a teensy++ could provide me with options in the future.    I know I chose a dark horse when I decided to build my -300 out of Macs, but trust me,  the stability and reliability is well worth the effort.   

Cheers

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate