Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:23:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
589 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

680 three screen span plus one display?

Started by jskibo, February 05, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jskibo

I use two pc's now to run the sim

PC 1 has a GTX680 driving my three plasma's in 2D surround spanning plus a DP to VGA going to my lower EICAS

PC2 runs CPT and FO displays, upper EICAS and CDU CPT side (don't have FO side). PC 2 is also a dell refurb so two video cards is its limit

Here's my question......

If I run P3D in full screen it wipes out the lower EICAS, just goes blank.

If I go to windowed mode, the lower screen comes back, however.....

If I am in windowed mode, I can't resize the screen to span the full three displays.  It just won't resize any bigger no matter what I do.  If I split it between two displays and click the little full screen box on the top right of the window, it jumps to the center screen and sizes itself to 1920 x 1080.  If I ALT and go to view options it will do full screen, but again wipes out the EIcAS.

When I was running the dual GTX275's I was sure I remember being able to size the window to the full 5760 x 1080 without selecting view, full screen from witching FSX.  Just resizing the screen to the full desktop size.  I'm sure I'm missing a setting in Nvidia control panel that says "open programs only on center monitor" or something, but for the life of me can't find it.

I can certainly undock windows running in window mode and move them out to the other screens, but the borders and alignment look like crap.

I know on my other sim pit with falcon I had to run full span in window mode to be able to use the extracted gauges on a fourth monitor....

What silly thing am I missing?
Less than 4 years to retirement......

jskibo

New driver install unchecked "maximize windows across all screens" by default, checked it and all is well.

nicd

Good to hear it's sorted.

To others suffering similar full-screen issues in FS9 of FSX.. I came across this litle gem and it works a treat.. http://www.friendlyflusi.at/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=13492&pageNo=1&s=1bd27a8b00c7a9815267ba2294bc0fd4942c9ec4

Page is in German so suggest you view it in Chrome so it translates. Unless you can read German that is! :)

Check out the bits on FS windows and emulated full-screen mode .. it works, and you never need FS full-screen mode again.

Kennair

Hi John, glad you got it sorted.  Did you have any issue configuring the 680 in Surround mode?  I have 3 x 42" LCD's and can't get surround to work at all, the option in the nVidia control panel just goes grey after I click it.  Not sure if I've got a dud card but I had to revert to the TH2GO instead.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jskibo

Ken,

Only issue I had was first install.  I was running Nvidia and AMD cards previously, so when I Pulled the 275s and installed the 680 it would let me click span surround, but never show the screen that shows what TV is connected to what card port. 

I removed the drivers for Nvidia and AMD via the control panel, add / remove programs, used a registry cleaner, rebooted and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and all was well

Kennair

Thanks John I'll give that a go.  My system is brand new and never had anything other than nVidia drivers but I have updated a few times and while I always uninstall via the control panel I haven't cleaned out the registry as well.  Mine also allows you to click on the Surround button then screens go black and returns to the same setup screen but with the surround button now greyed out.  Seriously frustrating!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate