Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
427 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 554
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 427
Total: 427

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Overhead Switches Question

Started by Sean, March 25, 2013, 12:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

This one's more out of curiosity than anything else, but here goes...

In the process of sourcing switches for my overhead, whilst scrutinising as many real overhead pics as I can get from the likes of A.Net, I've noticed a common feature that I can't think of an explanation for...

The best examples are the Recirc Fans and Light Switches. You would think they'd use the same switches for each respective system, but it would appear not. Example, the Left Recirc Fan switch has the distinctive red insert of the Honeywell TL range, yet the Right Recirc Fan doesn't, suggesting it's a different switch.

The same occurs on the light switch panel. Those switches to the left of the engine start switches have no red inserts, those to the right, do. This happens on almost all, if not all the photo's I've seen up to now.

Can anyone with knowledge explain this?

Like I said, just curious.

Sean

stephenbalmer

HI there Sean,

I'm afraid I cannot add anything to your question on the mix and match of switches on 737 overheads!

I would like to ask for your advice on which switches you went for in your own overhead? I am at the stage right now of building my Simworld overhead and am struggling a little to identify the best switches, rotary encoders and pots to use for the build.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

Sean

As I want to make the overhead as accurate as possible, I'm using a range of different switches in my overhead.

It would help to know a little about your circumstances, I've sent you a PM.

Sean

stephenbalmer

Hi Sean,

I have spoken, vial mail, with Ian and have a little more info on the switchgear that he is using.

The actual on - off switches with the small circular main body come from simworld. So I will order from them when they return from vacation, unless I can find an alternative supplier in the meantime.

The other, more complex operating switches are from an UK electronics supplier and are the regular large rectangular body switches. That is fine I believe as the legends are not totally obscured and with some clever backlighting will look good.

Given that I am not really too worried about locking switches for the timebeing, I will perhaps swap out later. The next consideration for me would be the finished look of these switches. There appear to be 3 different finishes on the standard switches - ignore the light switches as I have these already. What do you consider the correct finishes for these switches and where have you sourced these. They being the various rubber covers, aluminium covers and white capped toggles?

Thanks a lot,

Steve

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate