Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
547 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 547
Total: 547

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Need Help with USB hubs

Started by solid, May 14, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solid

Hi Guys...

I am having real problems with my usb hubs. I have three with 10 usb ports each and are full. They all have their own power supply and they worked about 95% of the time. I recently changed to a larger PC and they continued ok until about two months ago. Now, sometimes they hook up the addons but most of the time do not. I have checked all connectors plus wiring between them and the PC and all is ok as far I can tell. I have most of my addons working out of FSUIPC and only three Sytek ones from FSX. This is ridiculous, what good is my cockpit if I canĀ“t use it!!!! :-\...any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :angel:

Sean

You mention FSUIPC. Could this be related to the recent security issue?

Bob Reed

Make sure you are running the newest version of FSUIPC. Start there.

blueskydriver

+1 for Bob's suggestion first, check that out.

Otherwise, have you installed any Windows Updates during this time frame of them working and then not working? Have you tried system restore back to the date of them working correctly, and then go forward looking at your restore listings that have restore points for any automatic windows updating (assuming you have System Restore turned on)? Go through any changes that have been made to your system; you do write everything down that you install or do to your sim computer right?

If not you should be and I recommend everyone too do that...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jetcos

Who makes your USB Hubs? Seen lots of them that don't last very long. Others that do.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

solid

Quote from: Bob Reed on May 14, 2013, 01:06:52 PM
Make sure you are running the newest version of FSUIPC. Start there.

Yes I have the newest version....Thanks

solid

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 14, 2013, 01:37:35 PM
+1 for Bob's suggestion first, check that out.

Otherwise, have you installed any Windows Updates during this time frame of them working and then not working? Have you tried system restore back to the date of them working correctly, and then go forward looking at your restore listings that have restore points for any automatic windows updating (assuming you have System Restore turned on)? Go through any changes that have been made to your system; you do write everything down that you install or do to your sim computer right?

If not you should be and I recommend everyone too do that...

John

Hi John....I checked that but I have no downloaded nothing new in over three months so I discard new software being the culprit...I have a separate disk where I comment everything and keeps licences so am sure I have not touched anything also....thanks

solid

Quote from: Jetcos on May 14, 2013, 02:16:00 PM
Who makes your USB Hubs? Seen lots of them that don't last very long. Others that do.

Hi Steve.. I have two " "PLUGABLE" (that's the band name!!!! :o...and one Tripplite, the last one has been working for over two years maybe I should have bought two more instead of the others...I suspect it is the hubs, but then again am using two monitors plugged to them and no problem with them....Thanks

Jetcos

I have been using D-Link Hubs without any trouble. Powered ones.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

saabpilot

USB hub problems is very common - especially so with "no name" brands !

I also would recommend to use only brand names like Jetcos above - powered D-LINK hubs even if they cost a bit more.
A hub that causes intermittent trouble is very hard to spot and the above brand might spare you days of frustration .

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

blueskydriver

Oh wait, I just re-read your post, a new PC or switched to a bigger one, so what are the USB types in the PC vs the hubs? Now, it sounds like backwads compatability issues. If you have plugged the hubs into 3.0 USB ports you'll have problems. Try plugging into 2.0 port; otherwise, you'll need updated hubs or use an older PCI USB card to match your hubs.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate