Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:29:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
449 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 449
Total: 449

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team U.S.A.

Started by Bob Reed, May 27, 2013, 07:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

November 3rd is the starting date. Clear your schedules and book your flights. Early planning stages. Watch here for more information!

Sean

That always clashes with FSWeekend in Amsterdam!  >:(

blueskydriver

Hi Bob,

I'm still in the same place...lol! So, is the name going to be Team USA or Cockpitbuilders Team? I prefer Team USA, but either way, as long as we have a team.

Sean, how about skipping FS Weekend? You've been to it before right? Why not make Sam's Sim the FS Weekend or FS Week? I am all for the big sim gatherings, but getting a new team going is a fun thing to be a part of; especially, if this is too be the first year for a CB team.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

I like Cockpitbuilders better. USA is good but I think Cockpitbuilders will fit better. I have sent an email to World Flight so once I hear back from them we will have dates so you folks can start planning your trips. Don't feel you have to make the entire event! If you can even just make 1 day you are welcome!

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 27, 2013, 07:33:24 AM
Hi Bob,

I'm still in the same place...lol! So, is the name going to be Team USA or Cockpitbuilders Team? I prefer Team USA, but either way, as long as we have a team.

Sean, how about skipping FS Weekend? You've been to it before right? Why not make Sam's Sim the FS Weekend or FS Week? I am all for the big sim gatherings, but getting a new team going is a fun thing to be a part of; especially, if this is too be the first year for a CB team.

John

blueskydriver

"World Flight Team Cockpitbuilders" it is then  ;D ...awesome.

Here we go!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

KyleH

WFTCB ;D

Would love to be able to take part. Was hoping for something closer to Ontario, but will check with 'management' and see if I can make the trip.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Bob Reed

Well Ontario would be a lot closer to me as well LOL!!!! But Sam has graciously donated his facilities and we will gladly accept!

Quote from: KyleH on May 27, 2013, 08:04:41 AM
WFCBT ;D

Would love to be able to take part. Was hoping for something closer to Ontario, but will check with 'management' and see if I can make the trip.

Trevor Hale

Quote from: KyleH on May 27, 2013, 08:04:41 AM
WFCBT ;D

I am in the same boat,  I just took my Daughter to Jamaica for a "Building homes for the poor" trip, That cut into my funds and vacation, Flying with Sam and the boys would be a dream come true, But I don't think I could swing the flights especially that close to Christmas.

in any case, If I can help I will,  In the Meantime, I will get a logo made up for the team

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Here is the unofficial "Official" group name......Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team U.S.A.  Great name Sam!!

Sean

John

I'm already committed to FSWeekend John. I have my flights booked and on top of that, I am taking along a keen FS'er for his first trip.

World Flight is a week long event isn't it? Maybe a bit ambitious, but perhaps I might get out for the final weekend? I would love to meet you guys, and this sounds like an ideal opportunity. I'll work on it.

Sean

Bob Reed

Quote from: Sean Nixon on May 27, 2013, 09:21:04 AM

John

I'm already committed to FSWeekend John. I have my flights booked and on top of that, I am taking along a keen FS'er for his first trip.

World Flight is a week long event isn't it? Maybe a bit ambitious, but perhaps I might get out for the final weekend? I would love to meet you guys, and this sounds like an ideal opportunity. I'll work on it.

Sean

Yes it is a week long! PLEASE if you can make it for any part of it we would love to have you! Let me state again, we know most of you can not be there for the entire week, but if you can be there for any amount of time, you are invited. We will be working on a schedule at some point so everyone does not show up at the same time and we can maximize everyone's flying time!

fsaviator

Quote from: Sean Nixon on May 27, 2013, 07:18:26 AM

What is up with that, anyway?  Why does it always seem to be the same weekend.  Granted, there was a group flying in the World Flight when we were at FS Weekend.

I am planning to go back up for FS Weekend and hang out again.  I figure as I am already in Europe...  But...  once I get back to the US, I'm all about taking part in a World Flight with Team CB.  Maybe Sam can make it an annual gig!

Regardless then, I will try to find a reason to visit HQ in Tampa the following week and try to get in on the last weekend...  I will have to do some serious coordination to get my mom up here to Stuttgart to watch the kids as I would be gone for longer than a few days.  Don't like to keep them locked in the basement without food and water for too long.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Bob Reed

Quote from: fsaviator on May 27, 2013, 11:06:43 AM
Quote from: Sean Nixon on May 27, 2013, 07:18:26 AM

What is up with that, anyway?  Why does it always seem to be the same weekend.  Granted, there was a group flying in the World Flight when we were at FS Weekend.

I am planning to go back up for FS Weekend and hang out again.  I figure as I am already in Europe...  But...  once I get back to the US, I'm all about taking part in a World Flight with Team CB.  Maybe Sam can make it an annual gig!

Well lets get the first one  under our belts and we will go from there. :) I would like to see it become a yearly thing!.... I think......

FredK

Count me in!

Let me know how I can help with the organization of it all.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

MLeavy737

That sounds like a blast! Im sure i could make at least a few days however i would only be able to confirm once i get my schedule on October 17th.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Quote from: MLeavy737 on May 27, 2013, 12:08:13 PM
That sounds like a blast! Im sure i could make at least a few days however i would only be able to confirm once i get my schedule on October 17th.

Mike L

That works Mike. Consider yourself invited!!

XOrionFE

Count me in and thank you Sam for hosting in your beauty.

Scott

Maurice

I can see it already...a whole bunch of depressed simmers going home after the event to their 'lowly' fixed base sims. Luckily for them, Sam 'only' has a full motion sim and not a full CAE type simulator otherwise they would be shopping for ropes to hang themselves  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Scott, great to hear! Maurice I think you may be right! I am already re thinking my aircraft choice for my sim! No good will have come from this.

simlady/ Karen

Let me know what BlueSkydriver needs and I'll send him a packing...  ;D

He's already planning what he wants to take down to Sam's. Thanks in advance for a topic that will be talked about  for the next 6 months, every day, every hour he is awake.

I might have to make the road trip with him but then again, it will be a mini vacation for me to stay home, Plus who would be here to shovel the snow?
:huh:

Bob Reed

Quote from: simlady/ Karen on May 27, 2013, 06:02:51 PM
Let me know what BlueSkydriver needs and I'll send him a packing...  ;D

He's already planning what he wants to take down to Sam's. Thanks in advance for a topic that will be talked about  for the next 6 months, every day, every hour he is awake.

I might have to make the road trip with him but then again, it will be a mini vacation for me to stay home, Plus who would be here to shovel the snow?
:huh:

You are welcome to come, but if you do, you will have to fly! lol And there better not be any snow in early November! If there is I will hold you personally responsible.....

simlady/ Karen

I won't fly because I would be the "gofer".... go for this... go for that....

As far as snow goes,.. you never know. We still have the heat on and burning wood in the fireplace. 

blueskydriver

As I lay here in bed with stomach cramps that I had all day, I can only think of one thing. Sam, how many bathrooms do you have?

Regardless, I want to rent a portable (port-a-potty) wheelchair accessible bathroom and have it placed outside for my use only. Not that I am being non-sharing, but I have "issues" that require me to have a portable made available. I know November is a ways off, but I plan too be there the whole week (which is the main reason for the portable just for me; it would not have to be emptied during that time frame, if only one person is using it) and that means I better plan for this now; otherwise, it would make it hard to stay very long. Yes, of all things to plan for, I have that as the most important need...

On a different note, Sam, I have seen some of your sim videos and I am curious; did you add a back wall, curtain or something to block out the back of the sim? If not, you could go with the lightweight approach of using the CB decals and fake CBs that FDS makes along with plexi for the walls themselves. Add a door that is really lightweight, you would have nice backwall with little weight difference to the motion platform (assuming, you can adjust for the weight?). After getting the real CB panels and back section done on my sim, I totally love it! What a huge change it makes in the sound and visual aspects; it really feels like a real cockpit now.

John

Maurice

John,

Your determination and enthusiasm for this hobby never ceases to amaze me. If I had your 'challenges', I doubt that I would ever have tackled anything more complex than a desktop sim, if that.

So kudos to you for not letting these obstacles get in the way of your passion. And kudos to Karen as well for being there for you and not discouraging you when you do crazy things such as driving hundreds of miles in wintery stormy weather to buy some airplane parts. Karen must be a very special lady indeed. :cheers:

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Sam Llorca

Hi John;

We already started all the preparations for this event, we can get you a portable just for you, for the rest of the crew I have a 41' long Diesel pusher RV that can accommodate a few pilots and company, plus I have an extra room in the house with a door to the pool deck for privacy entry, and if we ran out of rooms there is always a huge warehouse with a lot of floor space, just make sure you bring your campground, plenty of BBQ space and lawn chairs.
For the decals there is a instruction station attached to the back of the sim with an access door and a web cam inside, plenty of areas for decals inside and out.

Cheers!!!
Sam.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate