Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:56:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
460 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 460
Total: 461

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team U.S.A.

Started by Bob Reed, May 27, 2013, 07:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 27, 2013, 10:46:12 PM
As I lay here in bed with stomach cramps that I had all day, I can only think of one thing. Sam, how many bathrooms do you have?

Regardless, I want to rent a portable (port-a-potty) wheelchair accessible bathroom and have it placed outside for my use only. Not that I am being non-sharing, but I have "issues" that require me to have a portable made available. I know November is a ways off, but I plan too be there the whole week (which is the main reason for the portable just for me; it would not have to be emptied during that time frame, if only one person is using it) and that means I better plan for this now; otherwise, it would make it hard to stay very long. Yes, of all things to plan for, I have that as the most important need...

On a different note, Sam, I have seen some of your sim videos and I am curious; did you add a back wall, curtain or something to block out the back of the sim? If not, you could go with the lightweight approach of using the CB decals and fake CBs that FDS makes along with plexi for the walls themselves. Add a door that is really lightweight, you would have nice backwall with little weight difference to the motion platform (assuming, you can adjust for the weight?). After getting the real CB panels and back section done on my sim, I totally love it! What a huge change it makes in the sound and visual aspects; it really feels like a real cockpit now.

John

Sam has a instructors station on the sim....

Jetcos

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Trevor Hale

I am already crying...  I really am going to kick myself if I don;t come and get involved..  If I can swing it, I am going to try, no promises to anyone, but even if I could come for the first 3 or so days..

All depends on the cost of the flight.. (About $450) give or take and if I can cover the flight I will be golden.  Oh and gotta check with My wife to see if I can come play LOL>

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Quote from: Jetcos on May 28, 2013, 09:00:10 AM
With a door.   :)

Don't want to derail this thread but Steve, where is that new avatar picture from?  If I had to guess it looks like you were on a Navy Cod or helo (heading out to a carrier??)

Looks cool

Scott

Jetcos

Yes, last July. Heading out of North Island on a C2 Greyhound. Pete and I were on-board the John C Stennis.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Maurice

Quote from: Jetcos on May 28, 2013, 05:51:53 PM
Yes, last July. Heading out of North Island on a C2 Greyhound. Pete and I were on-board the John C Stennis.

Come on Steve... you sound just about as excited as if you had been heading for a root canal instead of an aircraft carrier but I know better  ;) . Life really sucks when you are invited on board an aircraft carrier during naval operations. Must have been a real drag to be out of the shop ;D

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

We have heard from World Flight and we are in. It is not "Official" yet, but as long as we comply with their rules we will be. Sam is going to lock in our charity today. More to come tonight.....

Trevor Hale

I am thinking our call sign should be.....

CB-WFTU - Charlie Bravo Wisky Fox Tango Uniform (Fox Tango Uniform) for short..

Cockpitbuilders - World Flight Team USA

Any other suggestions...  Let us have em :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Sounds like a mouth full on the radio??? lol I like it! Hey, anyone here know how to paint aircraft in FSX?

KyleH

Quote from: Trevor Hale on May 29, 2013, 07:36:30 AM

Nice...starts with a 'C'  ;D

I can paint aircraft....provided there is a paint kit available.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA

Bob Reed

Quote from: KyleH on May 29, 2013, 08:02:12 AM
Quote from: Trevor Hale on May 29, 2013, 07:36:30 AM

Nice...starts with a 'C'  ;D

I can paint aircraft....provided there is a paint kit available.

I will find out from Sam what aircraft model he is using.

Sam Llorca

I'm using the 737-800 PMDG with upgrades from Sim-Avionics. Delta livery. Call sign Delta209.

Bob Reed

I have been emailing the World Flight folks and one of the people getting back to me was Matthew Sheil. He is another one of the folks who have been around this hobby for some time and he has built a very nice full motion 747! He is a member here. Anyway one of his stament to me was and I quote
   "It would be great to encourage the Cockpit Builders of the world to join in to WorldFlight, if only for a day or a few legs. Imagine 100 homebuilt simulators flying a couple of legs of WorldFlight?" (Used with permission)
  I think he is right! SO for those of you who can not make the event but want to participate in some way, here is how! Plan to spend some time online flying with us. A day, a few hours even just an hour! Come on lets fire all thee sims up and get them in the air!

jskibo

Quote from: Sam Llorca on May 28, 2013, 05:14:23 AM
Hi John;

We already started all the preparations for this event, we can get you a portable just for you, for the rest of the crew I have a 41' long Diesel pusher RV that can accommodate a few pilots and company, plus I have an extra room in the house with a door to the pool deck for privacy entry, and if we ran out of rooms there is always a huge warehouse with a lot of floor space, just make sure you bring your campground, plenty of BBQ space and lawn chairs.
For the decals there is a instruction station attached to the back of the sim with an access door and a web cam inside, plenty of areas for decals inside and out.

Cheers!!!
Sam.

I'll take a sleeping bag next to the sim bay :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Sam Llorca

Hello John: lol, you know the way here!!! Hope to see you here right?

MLeavy737

Hey all,
  Just had a thought.. Thought I read that one of the other teams crewmembers are working on CBT training, systems, procedures and all.. Has anyone thought of how exactly they plan on flying this world flight standards and procedures wise?

As I said before, I really hope to able to come down and fly for at least a few days. If I could get there on say the 2nd or so (a day early) maybe I could fly with some pilots and go over some basic stuff?

Or any other ideas?

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Quote from: MLeavy737 on May 30, 2013, 10:40:52 AM
Hey all,
  Just had a thought.. Thought I read that one of the other teams crewmembers are working on CBT training, systems, procedures and all.. Has anyone thought of how exactly they plan on flying this world flight standards and procedures wise?

As I said before, I really hope to able to come down and fly for at least a few days. If I could get there on say the 2nd or so (a day early) maybe I could fly with some pilots and go over some basic stuff?

Or any other ideas?

Mike L

I will be getting there on that Friday and was thinking in the same train. I think Sam still has his fixed base that I would like to use for training while others are flying. Will have to check with Sam if that is possible or not.

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Sorry, I've been hit or miss lately, but got busy with off sim project and sick for 5-7 days... Anyway, just a quick moment too say a big thank you to Bob, Sam, Trevor, Mike L, who I really want to be there, just like I want Scott, Maurice, and Jack. You guys are truly awesome! At the same time, I hope more members old and new can be there as well, and if anything, to have a mini cockpitbuilders meet and greet if you don't fly for WF.

Again, thanks guys and I am so looking forward to seeing all of you for sure. Plus, no matter what, I am going to be there; although, if anybody is sick, you might see me as the masked & gloved pilot that Scott knows too well already...lol.

Best Regards,

John

Ps. Trevor, you have to come no matter what, make your daughter earn the ticket. In fact, have her earn money for you and your wife to fly down, and then your wife can meet Karen. Trust me, Karen is a a "Barrel of Monkeys" fun to be around at social events and your wife would have another woman to hangout with right?
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

Just curious chaps are you lot intending to fly by the book? or is it going to be fun fun I can supply duties etc etc if you so require may have to be adapted for the 73 but the principles are the same.

Bob Reed

Quote from: bernard S on May 30, 2013, 01:14:31 PM
Just curious chaps are you lot intending to fly by the book? or is it going to be fun fun I can supply duties etc etc if you so require may have to be adapted for the 73 but the principles are the same.

We would like to try and fly as close to the book as possible. :)

rhysb

When I flew for the UK world flight team years ago it was as close to the book as possible as we had a lot of real world pilots but we still had plenty of beers in hand :)

I'm looking into flights so if I can make the £££ work then I will try and get over.
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

jskibo

Quote from: Sam Llorca on May 30, 2013, 10:33:55 AM
Hello John: lol, you know the way here!!! Hope to see you here right?

Going to try to make it for at least a few days.

My neighbor is transitioning from the A320 to the 737 for Delta.  He wants to borrow my sim for flows and told me he would get me a full set of Delta manuals and FCOM :)

N737AG

I'll just copy a reply to Sam from another post :

"I'm here Sam. Not sure yet on what will happen. I had planned to spend that week in Hamburg, Germany, helping out a friend who every year participates in WorldFlight. But work issues are still in the way. So at this point I am not really sure about my shedule.

You can however count on me to drive up to Sarasota the weekends prior to the event to get the sim in shape, and get everything ready for all the fellow pilots that will come.
"

There is a lot of other stuff that we will need like computers for dispatch (weather briefing, flight planing and filing). I guess we will need a computer so that pilots can check their emails and personal stuff - this should be a completely independant computer. I have a couple of spare computers from my Project Magenta times with Windows XP that I can bring to Sarasota if needed.

Bob, please let us know what other stuff we will need so I can help Sam with all the preparations.

Axel

Bob Reed

Quote from: N737AG on May 31, 2013, 04:16:44 AM
I'll just copy a reply to Sam from another post :

"I'm here Sam. Not sure yet on what will happen. I had planned to spend that week in Hamburg, Germany, helping out a friend who every year participates in WorldFlight. But work issues are still in the way. So at this point I am not really sure about my shedule.

You can however count on me to drive up to Sarasota the weekends prior to the event to get the sim in shape, and get everything ready for all the fellow pilots that will come.
"

There is a lot of other stuff that we will need like computers for dispatch (weather briefing, flight planing and filing). I guess we will need a computer so that pilots can check their emails and personal stuff - this should be a completely independant computer. I have a couple of spare computers from my Project Magenta times with Windows XP that I can bring to Sarasota if needed.

Bob, please let us know what other stuff we will need so I can help Sam with all the preparations.

Axel

Ok I will talk with Sam this weekend and we can start to get our game plan together. A lot has happened in just a few days. But at this point we need our official clearance from World Flight and I expect to have that this weekend

jskibo

Someone needs to bring Diesel.  That's a lot of generator running time :)

I'm thinking I might fly the Mooney down for this one, so if anyone from the upper midwest through the route to FL needs a lift, let me know.  Should have 3 spare seats and if you're a pilot, I'm happy to wear the foggles so you can log the time as well.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate