Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
461 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 461
Total: 461

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cockpitbuilders World Flight Team U.S.A.

Started by Bob Reed, May 27, 2013, 07:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Quote from: jskibo on May 31, 2013, 04:37:46 AM
Someone needs to bring Diesel.  That's a lot of generator running time :)

I'm thinking I might fly the Mooney down for this one, so if anyone from the upper midwest through the route to FL needs a lift, let me know.  Should have 3 spare seats and if you're a pilot, I'm happy to wear the foggles so you can log the time as well.

Well we can't run the generator at night so that will help. Hang tight guys once we have all the paper work out of the way we will start plans in earnest... Until we are official we have the cart before the horse.

bernard S

I can not make it for the whole time but could do a day or two maybe Mike L and I can tag team to help with skill transfers... my question what are the proposed teams skill sets experience wise both real world and sim?

Once we have a base I can start to put something together

Trevor Hale

As far as the Book is concerned..  "World Flight"  Provides the routing.  (Possibly the charts) But if not, we all know where to get those.  Once the route is in place we then have a schedule.  (Generally each person would do 2 legs.) Rotating in from the right seat to the left, One flight your the FO, and next flight your the Capt, unless of course you don't feel you want the responsibility or experience, and we will make acommodations for those that just want to do the right seat thing.

We will have procedures that need to be done between routes, there is usually some time up to an hour between legs for pee and food breaks (and smoke breaks) Depending on how the trip goes.  if you have good tail winds, you won;t depart until the next scheduled route.

Most teams do a complete reboot of the sim between legs, to prevent crashes on route.

In any case, we will rely on the more experienced 737 captains to help keep the procedures as tight as possible..  Especially with radio communication, everything is treated as real world and very professional.  I would expect nothing less from each and everyone of us..

Especially us being the New Guys, we don't wana be kicked out LOL.

When Bob gets the package, we will create a spreadsheet, that perhaps everyone can fill in their names in the slots they feel like they can do.  (All of this has to wait for the official announcement from WF).

I am so excited, you have no idea.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Trevor Hale

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 30, 2013, 12:17:45 PM
Ps. Trevor, you have to come no matter what, make your daughter earn the ticket. In fact, have her earn money for you and your wife to fly down, and then your wife can meet Karen. Trust me, Karen is a a "Barrel of Monkeys" fun to be around at social events and your wife would have another woman to hangout with right?

I already took my daughter to Jamaica for the charity build, and she did earn the money, but we still had to help pay for the trip. LOL In any case, I have already been told if I go, that she will enjoy the break at home..  I even tried to convince her to come, but she is quite happy not traveling.

In any case, Nothing is final yet, but I am hoping to be able to make it.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

jskibo

Quote from: bernard S on May 31, 2013, 08:34:22 AM
I can not make it for the whole time but could do a day or two maybe Mike L and I can tag team to help with skill transfers... my question what are the proposed teams skill sets experience wise both real world and sim?

Once we have a base I can start to put something together

Real World

270ish TT
3 ME (LOL, had to throw that in there)
200+ PIC
70+ Complex
ASEL, ASES, Inst (and should be CSEL and CMEL by July)

Sim

I need my Sys board back to get it flying again, but I will work on flows with my Delta neighbor before November.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

XOrionFE

Quote from: jskibo on May 31, 2013, 04:37:46 AM
Someone needs to bring Diesel.  That's a lot of generator running time :)

I'm thinking I might fly the Mooney down for this one, so if anyone from the upper midwest through the route to FL needs a lift, let me know.  Should have 3 spare seats and if you're a pilot, I'm happy to wear the foggles so you can log the time as well.

Hmmm, I may take you up on that John!

Scott

Bob Reed

Well with nothing more to do until we have all our paper work in order I am working on the logo for our shirts. Yes there will be shirts. As soon as Sam approves the design I will make it public.

simlady/ Karen

Bob..
make sure at least 1 shirt is for a Girl...  ;D

I'm going to have so much fun with you guys.... but then again, i will be the "go for" for the following items:
diesel, beer and Mt.Dew... and of course sun tan lotion for myself as i set by the pool with Sam's wife talking about boys and thier toys...  8)

Bob Reed

I have heard back from the official channels of World Flight and as long as our permit (which we have no reason to believe different) from our charity arrives in the next couple of days we will kick this off for real! Stay tuned!

MLeavy737

Good to hear Bob!

Hey i was thinking i would make some checklists, kinda streamline what i use now in the 737.  I would also make an additional explination sheet or notes on how to use it as well as write out the flows that we use.  I think the way we fly these airplanes today procedure and checklist wise is real nice and if it helps everyone in the sim that would be great.

Let me know what you think. I think it would be pretty professional if we all show up on the same page flying under 1 set of procedures. 

I wont make anything too long winded, start off basic and if you guys want more we can into it. 

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Quote from: MLeavy737 on June 01, 2013, 10:35:29 AM
Good to hear Bob!

Hey i was thinking i would make some checklists, kinda streamline what i use now in the 737.  I would also make an additional explination sheet or notes on how to use it as well as write out the flows that we use.  I think the way we fly these airplanes today procedure and checklist wise is real nice and if it helps everyone in the sim that would be great.

Let me know what you think. I think it would be pretty professional if we all show up on the same page flying under 1 set of procedures. 

I wont make anything too long winded, start off basic and if you guys want more we can into it. 

Mike L

Hey Mike, that would be great. Sam and I where just talking about needing to get the procedures together. That would be a huge help!

Bob Reed

Ok we have our official welcome from World Flight. We are in! WOW, almost seems like a dream. Now the work begins. Official announcement to follow in the next couple of days.

hyway

Hi Guys,
            Welcome to the WorldFlight Group
If you need any advice or further detail, please contact Terry or myself, this will be out 13th WorldFlight
One of the main things we have insisted from day one is that 100% of money raised for charity goes to your charity, we do not take out any expenses, these come as seperate funds from our team members, that way people who donate to your charity know 100% will make it.
And remember the most important WorldFLight rule....   that it is all just a game we are playing here, no one dies, no one gets fired for doing the wrong thing, just enjoy the experience with like-minded mates.
Cheers,
Matthew Sheil
WorldFlight Australia
747 Simulator

Bob Reed

Hey Matthew! THanks for the welcome and all the help so far. Things are heating up here in the USA and I am planning my first of several trips out to the sim before the event. I am sure you will be hearing more from us.. lol We are not yet on World Flight trip #1....

Bob Reed

Here is something you can do if you are contemplating flying with us in November. You will need to join VATASIM.
http://www.vatsim.net/ registration is free. Join and at the very least read their documentation. This is a requirement for all World Flight pilots. Just a heads up....

fsaviator

I'm frustrated Gents...  I really want in on the CB World Flight but can't guarantee I'll be able to get there.

I'm going to continue trying to set the stage to come over during that time frame through work.  Granted, I won't be able to commit to a slot in the lineup, but hey, it would still be great to see you guys.  We'll see how it goes.

If it doesn't pan out though, I will definitely be joining you in the skies from here in Germany though.

You know, another option is a second CB team here in Europe...  for those of us that can't make the trip...

Just a thought.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Bob Reed

Quote from: fsaviator on June 02, 2013, 09:19:50 AM
I'm frustrated Gents...  I really want in on the CB World Flight but can't guarantee I'll be able to get there.

I'm going to continue trying to set the stage to come over during that time frame through work.  Granted, I won't be able to commit to a slot in the lineup, but hey, it would still be great to see you guys.  We'll see how it goes.

If it doesn't pan out though, I will definitely be joining you in the skies from here in Germany though.

You know, another option is a second CB team here in Europe...  for those of us that can't make the trip...

Just a thought.

Warren

Hey Warren, a second team would be great but if you can't commit now for it, it would be highly unrealistic to think you could pull it off. We should have started a couple months ago. If you can show up we will get you in the cockpit some how and like you said you can always visit. Which brings me to another point. If you can't participate but would like to visit any time during that week, just let us know. For a small fee (donation to the charity...lol) you can stop by!

Bob Reed

Ok guys it is time to start putting things together. Several of you have stated that you will be there. I need you to email me: bob@randrdevelopment.com and let me know 1 you are coming, and 2 when you will be there. There will be shuttle service to and from the airports, we have space to sleep and shower accommodations there are also many hotels in the area. If you chose a hotel you will be required to cover that yourself. We will also provide shuttles service to and from the hotels if needed. If you want to contact me about the World Flight event at this stage I would ask that you please use email and not PMs. I do not wish to lose anybody as I have a lot of email and PMs to keep up with already. The website will be up and functioning soon. Stay tuned for more information........

Sam Llorca

Good to hear Bob!

Mike L

Thank you Mike, Yes it will be great to have your help on this specially checklists and procedures.
We will really appreciate it.
Sam

Trevor Hale

Quote from: hyway on June 01, 2013, 05:39:51 PM
Hi Guys,
            Welcome to the WorldFlight Group
If you need any advice or further detail, please contact Terry or myself, this will be out 13th WorldFlight
One of the main things we have insisted from day one is that 100% of money raised for charity goes to your charity, we do not take out any expenses, these come as seperate funds from our team members, that way people who donate to your charity know 100% will make it.
And remember the most important WorldFLight rule....   that it is all just a game we are playing here, no one dies, no one gets fired for doing the wrong thing, just enjoy the experience with like-minded mates.
Cheers,
Matthew Sheil
WorldFlight Australia
747 Simulator

Matt,

Thanks for the welcome.  As you stated your #1 Rule, it should be known that we have the same rule at this forum.  Although we want to be as real as we can, as long as we have a few beers and a few laughs, and everyone has fun that is what is important.  Also, the real winners here are our charities.

It is our pleasure to be a part of this wonderful event.

Best regards,

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Trevor Hale

Good to hear Bob!

Mike L

I have to agree with Sam and Bob, Mike we would totally appreciate your modified Lists, and procedures.  The more organized and the same we can be from crew to crew the smoother everything will go.

I am sooooooooooo stoked..

You guys all rock!

Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey John Skibo,

Karen (Simlady) would like to speak with you about flying down to Sam's for the World Flight event. She says she'd like to fly with you, but needs to discuss it further. Please PM me your phone number and she'll call you...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jskibo

Bob Reed

Ok, we are close in the pilot area. If you are thinking of participating in the event, I need to hear from you. I will be contacting all the folks I have heard from already. Time is a ticking!

jskibo

Quote from: Bob Reed on June 05, 2013, 07:38:56 PM
Ok, we are close in the pilot area. If you are thinking of participating in the event, I need to hear from you. I will be contacting all the folks I have heard from already. Time is a ticking!

Bob,  I think I'm ging to work out of our Clearwater office that week, so I can fly the night / overnight legs but will be tied up for 8 - 4 weekdays.  Plan on flying myself down in the Mooney and grabbing a rental car.

I'll be tied up a lot over the next few months trying to finish up my CSEL, CMEL, CFI, CFII and MEI so only checking in periodically here. 

I do have an event a couple weeks before in Vegas and will fly the Mooney out there again as well (this time with O2 and more direct).

I need to get those hours up so Mike Leavy can walk my resume in for me :)  ;)

if I'm not around, john at jskibo.com and I will answer quickly.

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate