Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
734 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 743
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Simbrief

Started by markfire, August 15, 2013, 01:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markfire

Guys

Just noticed this on key.aero. Has anyone used or is using it?

http://simbrief.com/home/

Might be the next best flight planning tool.

Colin Levy

It is a very cool website. I often use it when when flying long hauls. Very realistic briefs that you are able to

To access the latest AIRAC on the brief, you have to submit a access code that you receive when you purchase from Navigraph.
Intel Quad-Core i7-3770. MSI Z77A-GD5. 8GB DDR3 RAM. 1TB HDD. 256Gb SSD. Water cooled system.

markfire

Hi Colin

Thanks for that info. Is it much better than the other free flight planners and does it replicate what real word pilots would have access to?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Colin Levy

I wouldn't call it a "flight planner" per say. It just generates a flight brief with the information you enter (route, altitude, flight number, aircraft, etc). If a person has previously created a brief for the same flight (departure/destination), it will enter the route they used. Otherwise, you are to enter a route yourself. From there you can print or view the briefing, prefile on VATSIM straight from that page. It also includes a tutorial that tells you what each thing in the brief means (I still don't understand some of it)

I have been told that it looks close to a brief that a real world pilot may receive. Same information for the most part, just different format.

Not sure if you have tried it out or not, but here is a picture of the information screen
Intel Quad-Core i7-3770. MSI Z77A-GD5. 8GB DDR3 RAM. 1TB HDD. 256Gb SSD. Water cooled system.

markfire

Thanks Colin.

I see I may have Double posted as this as been discussed recently on here.

I have had a quick look at it and one thing stuck out, it only exports to fsx flight file format, unless I've read it wrong. I currently use EFB which supports all the major developers formats. Nice to be able to load straight from the CDU.

Mark

Colin Levy

Whups didn't see the other post. Anyways, as you were saying, that export feature is really cool, but is unfortunate that it is only in FSX file format

What is this EFB you use? I have been looking for a flight planner to export to my PMDG for quite some time

markfire

I use Aivlasoft EFB. http://www.aivlasoft.com/products/efb/

Great tool for flight planning and works over the network with very little configuring
Shows vatsim traffic and will work with Rex weather etc.

Works great with my touchscreen too.

Mark.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate