Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:43:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
572 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 585
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

HD 1080 PROJECTORS

Started by tinker27, August 07, 2013, 12:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinker27

Hi , just wondering what projectors you all are using , im thinking about the new Benq w1080st or w1070 , is anyone using any of these if so whats your thoughts , i read last night on another forum you dont benifit with a Hd 1080i say to 720i because of the ghz is this right thanks tinker  :-\

Ridgenj

After many month of agony and research I ordered the ones offered by Nat Crea in Australia. If you have a shell all the other HD projectors won't work well and you will have a shadow from the shell.
I will be able to do a 200 degree circular screen without having to suffer from my ceiling  restrictions.

My other choice would be curved LCD's but they still have the bezel to deal with and I hate it.

It doesn't make sense to me to have Titan's videocards and to run VGA projections.
Just my personal taste and 2 cents
Hope it helps and certainly Nat can give you more insight.

Cheers
Luis

Nat Crea

As mentioned several times before in other threads, unfortunately the BenQ w1080st throw ratio is just not short enough for full size sims, especially with shells and ceiling height restrictions.

1080i uses interlaced or alternate output and normally used to describe HDTV's not projectors.
1080p (progressive) is the method projectors use.
So the question...1080 is no better than 720? A big false claim. 1080p is more than double the resolution of 720p.

Here are two pics which I took which I show customers who have doubts:
(both photos were taken about 500mm from screen)

Nat

tinker27

HI  Melanto and Ridgenj thanks for your replies appreciate  , ive asked this question on a few forums with no answer , Ridgenj i thought the same surely a 1080p would be better than a 720 , so if the benqw1080 st not suitable what projector due you suggest , i am on a budget as im building a 737 pit , first i am building the mip then my views ie projector , then later i will be building the cockpit , i have a large double garage say 17ft x 20 ft with about 9ft hieght so room not an issue , i looked at the benqw1080 firstly thinking i could mount the projector on the front nose of plane as i will be only having one projestor to start untill the bugdet allows 2 , i thought as this the latest one the graphics and views should be good , Neil

Ridgenj

Hi Neil, we all start small and I am doing exactly the same. I wanted a HD projector and Nat has one that suits our needs pretty much. His product is marginal more expensive than the BenQ, so nothing wrong just having one first and saving for the others.
I am building since 2010 and one day I will finish it. I started buying budget components to realize that I wanted to be as close to original as possible. So I had to upgrade over and over again. At the end is costing me more.

If you are in the US, FDS has excellent quality and you save on shipping costs.
I wanted a Shell (FDS) and even if you have room and high, the picture becomes small and etc. Not an expert and Nat and HarryZ are more experienced and can walk you thru hardware and also software you will need.

Definitely I couldn't make it work with the BenQ projector because of the throw of 0.69.

Cheers
Luis

tinker27

Hi , yeah kmow what you mean now , my misses keeps saying how much is this all gonna cost lol , im in uk so we get robbed on price of everything . i just seen my mistake i was asking melnato for his opinion on what projector and i typed your name , how much is the one from nat then Ridgenj ? Neil

Nat Crea

Hi Neil,

Email me at nat@natvis.com.au for more info.

Thanks

tinker27

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate