Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:28:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
487 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 505
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 487
Total: 488

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Maurice's Visit to the XOrionFE Mancave

Started by XOrionFE, August 01, 2013, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdurney

Quote from: Trevor Hale on August 08, 2013, 03:36:08 AM
Threads going off on a tangent guys...  (Not a debate Projectors vs Tv's) That thread already exists..  Please keep the topic on track.

Trev

All good just throwing around different ideas/ views etc...it's a forum right?

XOrionFE

No worries on my part but Trevor is right...we should probably move these over to the TV vs Projector Battle thread.  This was originally about a visit to my sim and my fault for showing off Maurice's comments about my TVs.   Didnt realize I would come under the full on attack of the killer projector people!   ::)

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on August 08, 2013, 03:36:08 AM
Threads going off on a tangent guys...  (Not a debate Projectors vs Tv's) That thread already exists..  Please keep the topic on track.

Trev

Wasn't there a thread recently about hijacking posts that I started and which turned out into a fun free for all with many agreeing (kind of) that it did not really matter as long as it was a healthy fun discussion that kept the forum alive?

This forces you to peek at all the posts because you never know where the discussion will lead to if you just look at the thread subject and ignore the post because the subject does not interest you.

I would have missed many very interesting discussions if I always just looked at the title only. In fact, many very interesting discussions would never have started if someone did not start them by hijacking a post.

I can say for sure that this TV vs projector debate would definitely not have started again if everyone had kept to the original topic. So, what is the harm in that?  ???

:2cw:  Just saying... ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Fill your boots boys, Just wanted to make sure nobody got upset over it.  (See just goes to show you that you can;t keep everyone happy 100% of the time) People get mad and email me cause they are upset topics get hijacked, and now people get mad cause I try to keep them on topic. 

I give up!  :2cw:
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Garys

The way I see it as this is the general discussion board and not a specific build topic or question, it should be a free for all as long as it doesn't go south, which rarely happens here.  When its a  a specific topic, I agree with you 100%

Gary

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on August 08, 2013, 06:14:43 AM
People get mad and email me cause they are upset topics get hijacked, and now people get mad cause I try to keep them on topic. 

I give up!  :2cw:

Settle down Trev  :o. For one thing, I did not even get remotely mad and if anybody gets mad to the point that they actually email you to complain, then they really need to get a life. What's wrong with just asking people in the same thread to stay on topic if it really bothers you? You certainly would do that if you were having a live conversation.  ::)

For another thing, this topic was about my visit to Scott's place and my objectives were to look at his multipit and to see the difference between my projectors and his TV screens.

So, I really don't see how this discussion was off-topic. In fact, it was bang on topic as far as I am concerned.

Maurice

XOrionFE

For the record...I did not email Trevor about this thread.   Doesnt bother me at all.   He is probably right in that later it will be hard to find this debate if not moved over to a TV vs Projector topic but I don't really care if my thread got hijacked.   We are all having good fun bantering about.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on August 08, 2013, 08:51:20 AM

We are all having good fun bantering about.

Scott

Exactly!. And if this stops being fun, there will be a mass Exodus  ;D

Maurice

Nat Crea

Mau...sit down.

Im going to connect one of my visual computers to the lounge room  Plasma TV later
just to see what all the hype is about!
Jut for fun and curiosity sake OK?! ;D

Nat

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on August 08, 2013, 03:50:34 PM
Mau...sit down.

Im going to connect one of my visual computers to the lounge room  Plasma TV later
just to see what all the hype is about!
Jut for fun and curiosity sake OK?! ;D

Nat

Curiosity killed the cat. Don't do it  ;D

Mau

Nat Crea

QuoteCuriosity killed the cat. Don't do it  

Don't worry Mau, as much as I can knowledge some pros with
TVs, I can't give up my visuals, plus I have a vested
interest in projected systems  :)

Nat