Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
542 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

I'm frustrated, please help me fellow simmers!

Started by 727737Nut, August 17, 2013, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Hey guys,
This will be kind of long so bear with me. :) As many of you know i've been around along time and have built allot of different sims from a real 737 cockpit to 3 axis motion sim and everything in between.  Well through my own selfishness, bad decisions, inpatient attitude, and tough luck, i've moved 6 times and have had 3 wives in 6 years!! :huh:  Well maturity, reality, and finally personal happiness has found me.   :D  Praise the Lord!!! Ok moving forward now i'm in a spot i'm not sure were to go to from here.
I have an awesome Cessna Mustang sim with all the panels and displaysand G1000 from Emuteq but it is based on the F1 mustang and FSX.  As we all know FSX is a dead end and moving forward we have X-plane 10 and P3D sim platforms to work with.
My frustration starts with FSX, I have a system good enough to run all scenery sliders maxed and my average FPS is 28.7 while locked at 29.  But I have very annoying stutters while turning, bad!  I can put all sliders at a minimum but I still have them.  I have shimmering textures as well.  I have spent countless hours reading the net and tweaking per the top 3 guldelines.  No luck at fixing.   (FYI this is only with F1 mustang, PMDG 737 is smooth as silk!)

On to X-plane 10 that I also have.  I can run with HDR and 90% of settings maxed! steady 30fps and smooth as silk. But there is no Mustang support for the seperate G1000 displays that are Mustang specific for x-plane so that leaves it out as my base platform if I am to stay with the sim i have.

I have a son who lives and breaths aviation and wants to be a pilot. So I need to keep his future in mind and build a sim that benefits his future and my time spent with him flying it.
So now the big question, what do I do???? 

Start over and with what plane?  I want to go with X-Plane 10 but i'm not set in stone. I want to Keep my G1000 set from Emuteq but I don't necessarily need to use it right away.

Any ideas on FSX problems?  Any ideas at all please throw my way. :)

My system specs are,
CPU--I5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz
MB--- ASRock P67 Extreme B4 vs3
vid -- Nvidia 6600TI 2Gb OC
ram -- 8Gb 1600mhz DDR3
2 SSD hdd's and one mechanical 7200rpm 1Tb hdd

Thanks all for your thoughts on this,
Rob
737 Junkie

iwik

Hi Rob,
Nice to see you posting again, thinking about you recently. Hope things are now going much better.
My one thought was to try and run only visuals on a second computer using wideview.
Ive always considered FSX to be too much of a hog so for many years run as little as
possible on the FSX machine. I suspect the G1000 suite wont help. I run the GNS530
hardware and am sure it hits the FSX machine.
Im sure others will chip in, maybe P3D will help. Have you tried the Demo.

Take Care Buddy

Regards
Les

phil744

Hey Rob,

fear not, I know how you feel, FSX does my nut in, but my sim is based on the old LeveD767, so looking at x-plane is well out of the window.

Recently i ported over levelD767 from FSX to P3d, works perfect, never going back, have a try at porting the Mustang over to P3d and see how you get on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

Nat Crea

Hey Rob

Like Phil and Les said easiest solution
would be P3D. If you want to stay with FSX,
I would get a i7 3770k or 4770k. I know its a
expensive punt, but they have more brut power.

Nat

727737Nut

Does P3D have a trial version?

Thanks for the encouragement guys!
737 Junkie

iwik

Sorry Rob,
It doesn't have a demo or trial but you could get a developers one for a month and cancel
after if no good.

Les

MLeavy737

Rob,
  Good to hear from you again!

Well here's  my advice. You said your son wants to be a pilot then i'll assume you mean the full works as in airline or corporate.  Push him in the airline direction btw :)  One thing you need to do is get away from FSX or any other version and use Xplane even if it means not being able to use your G1000 display. This is one of the best things you can do for him.  This will give him a much more realistic flying experience especially if you keep some light winds in there constantly.

Let him do a bunch of hand flying and have him be as precise as he can on speeds, altitudes, headings, approaches etc.  thats the best thing you can do for him.  Get him confident in his flying skills.

I can honestly tell you that no realworld airplane flys like an FS(x) airplane. Believe me, its so painfully obvious to watching pit flying videos, I just cringe at the flight modelling. I have said this many times before.  FS is a 3dimensional train simulator!

Now dont take this the wrong way guys, i understand the reasons for some wanting to use FS and i don't want to start a war here but if i were raising my son to be a pilot thats exactly what i would do.

Also as far as pits, as long as you have some type of jet airplane youll be good.

Flame on guys! Lol

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

727737Nut

Thanks Mike!   We have been using x-plane the most lately.  I'll post a video here shortly of a landing in xplane my son does.  You can see him having to fly the plane just as you say unlike fsx where it's  on rails. 
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate