Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 01:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
572 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 579
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Immersive Display Lite V2

Started by brianwilliamson, September 20, 2013, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

I am trying to get Immersive Display Lite to Line up, but am having some major problems with it. I get so far and the it crashes and of course I lose all the aligning that I have already done, so I have been saving after every line.

Also noticed after I had nearly got it all perfect that I then added some more reference points to the horizontal and then lost all the vertical settings !!

So it seems to have some bugs. I am checking Windows7 for updates at the moment to make sure that is not affecting it. I have even gone out and bought a crossed laser, which is great. Won't help if I am unable to get the program lined up and saved.

Will post some pics of the new screen as soon as I get it working.

Cheers.............Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

brianwilliamson

Here are some pics of the new screen. Finally got to fix the problems of getting the program to work, which was due to updating Windows 7, which put padlocks on every folder that moved !!

Still some fine tuning to do, but it is looking good.

Regards....................Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim

Nat Crea

Looking good Brian....glad too see some dinosaur projector lovers hanging on! (like me  :D)
Are you doing a single wide forward view, multiple un-docked views or Wideview?

Are you blending the three images or butting? The overlap is pretty small, makes it hard for you...just saying.

Nat

brianwilliamson

Gooday Nat, using multiple undocked views on single computer. As long as I keep the Autogen down to a low level, and to be honest at altitude you do not need to see a whole lot, then it works pretty well.

I am trying the blending, which looks ok but needs a bit more trimming, which I am still learning !

The next major job I suspect will be to get the black paint out. I think that it may have been you, that said it made a big difference.

Cheers...........Brian W.

Nat Crea

Yep,

Once you're done, crop put out the top and bottom with matt black..looks Pro.
Here's the last visual I did for FDS (Just about to peel the masking tape off in this shot)

Nat

andthiel

Which shot, Nat?

Best,

Andreas

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk HD
Best, Andreas

Nat Crea

Not sure what happened, but its attached now,

Nat

brianwilliamson

Now I see !!

Nat, did you paint the aircraft sim Black ? It looks as though you did the ceiling. How much difference did it make ?

I noticed also that if you fly late in the afternoon (sim time ) that the colours get pretty dull.

Cheers...........Brian W.

andthiel

Hi Brian,

this looks pretty nice. What is the radius of your setup?

Be aware that the pilot's seat(s) will be arranged right under the beamers and build a provisional "shell" (use ladders, slats and strip of woods or rope etc.) at an early stage
In order to find out its shadow line on the screen. This will give you an indication for height adjustment of the visual. This way you can avoid bad surprises later on...

Best regards from Germany,

Andreas

Best, Andreas

Nat Crea

Hi Brian

All FDS Pro shells are matt black, last thing you want
is reflection off the shell onto your screen. Same goes
with the ceiling.

Nat

brianwilliamson

Ok been testing and trying to figure out all the hard bits, and it is fairly hard so far but getting there. I am only overlapped 200 mm. on the left screen and about 180mm on the right screen. Am not able to get it all that smooth as you will see from the pics. I am panning the left and right screens over the centre screen. Have not tried edge butting, so perhaps anyone that has tried it might like to comment.
Any comments from anyone will be welcome !!

Ok here are some photos of the setup so far :

Cheers..............Brian W.

Nat Crea

Brian,

I think the overlap is too small personally...its makes blending very difficult.

Nat

brianwilliamson

Thanks Nat, I am just about to change that. They state the overlap should be 10% so I will go to 10 or 12 % and see how that goes. It is a pain trying to blend the way it is !!

One of the major headaches, for which I have not been able to figure out the cause, is you will be fiddling around changing settings etc., and nearly get it right, and Bingo, it locks up. So I now make a habit of not doing too much before I save it.

Cheers.................Brian W

PS. just painted a nice white cockpit Jet Black..........kind of ruins the outside look !!

brianwilliamson

Have all the area painted black, which certainly improves the colours etc, so well worth the time to do.

Immersive lite is another story. I am running 12% overlap, but no matter what I try, I am unable to get what I would call a satisfactory blend. Perhaps it is just not possible, unless one of fellows that are using it can give me some indication to the contrary. I have spent days and days on it, so it is not from not trying every possible combination !!

It seems not to save exactly the same or it changes the settings, which seems ridiculous I know. So there is some quirk that is determined to make me lose the rest of my hair !!

Not sure if Nat is using Immersive Lite or not.

Cheers...............Brian W.

Flying_Fox

Hi Brian,

I use Immersive Display Lite 2 and also could not achieve satisfactory blending with small overlap. Did not want to give up too big percentage of the image to overlapping.  Blending still have some  lines and for now I just decided that one line from the edge butting will not look any worse.   :idiot:

Nick

Nat Crea

GDay Brian sorry for the delay...just back from an installation with FDS.

I have only ever used Immersaview's products: Sol7, WARP and NThusim.
(I am a re-seller, but not advertising!...you asked)

I also don't want to put down other warping software down, but the last time I
looked at Immersive Display Lite 2 and FlyElise, they seemed way too complicated
for me, let alone a novice.
The RGB Gamma options in ID Lite2 look great in theory but I found them a nightmare to use (briefly experimented).

I will only use Immersaview WARP (NThusim's commercial big brother) on commercial installations as it has simple gamma blending, which I find easy to use and am comfortable with it. I've been warping and blending for 5+ years so that helps also :)

So...as you have already created a larger overlap, maybe you need to keep persisting with ID Lite 2 or try the NThusim Demo, just to see if its blending is easier for you.

Here's a few pics form last week using WARP (commercial version). Like I said, I have done this way too many times...but still learning.

brianwilliamson

Thanks Nat, I guess the old story is true, you only get what you pay for. I will have to look at doing something different, as it seems almost impossible to blend it correctly. The instructions that are provided I think leave a lot to be desired with IV Lite2, so that makes it a hard job to start with.

Even with the blending done, it does not cover the joins properly in a turn, which leaves some very sharp edges visible.

Ok back to the drawing board.....................Brian W.

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Brian,
I am in Brisbane Dec27 to Jan8 for a family get together and I have also arranged a meeting with Andy Boud (Immersaview) on the 5th. I wanted to see it in action first hand and I'm hoping to arrange some cross promo deals with Aerosim Solutions. You are welcome to join me if you wish! My QLD partner in Aerosim Gordon, is also coming along for a look, he currently has ID lite and wants to have a look. I'm hoping to get down to the Gold Coast again if we can fit it in!!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

andthiel

Hi Brian

I use a 210 degrees (radius: 2 m) curved screen with 3 beamers. Overlaps are appr. 60 cm each. Software is Warpalizer.

Good service and reliable online help as well as a free trial test period.

Try it out!

warpalizer.com

Best regards,

Andreas

Best, Andreas

brianwilliamson

Thanks Gwyn, will let you know later, as not sure about Xmas holiday details yet.

Have not seen Andy since he visited my sim some years ago when he first started with curved screens. If I am here, would like to see his latest setup.

Cheers..............Brian W.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate