Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 10:21:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
720 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 720
Total: 720

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Check This-The Best Website Ever (2nd to CB though)...Seriously!!!

Started by blueskydriver, October 10, 2013, 05:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I've been meaning to post about this website I found back in April, but never really had the time. However, I wish I would've posted it sooner because I think it would've help many of you.

Okay, the site is called Public Surplus and on it they sell everything you can think of, and it is all sold by local, city, state and federal agencies at bidding prices. A bidding site yes, but not like Ebay. It's all used/surplus items, so you will not see new stuff from unusual companies.

The main point is all the things you can bid and at times, you can get items for mere pennies on the dollar. I've already purchased 4 Dell servers, 3 Dell network backup drive units (with 10 drives each) 10 Server Racks, and many other items. Of course you might not need what they have, but you could likely resell it easy enough.

Finally, why it pertains to Cockpit Builders is because they have Computers, as well as Airplanes and Aviation related items...yep, Airplanes. Not too mention everything else, so you'll just have too see for yourself. Here is the link:

www.publicsurplus.com

Note: I am not an employee or an advertiser of this site. I am just passing along info that will hopefully help my fellow builders. Also, this site seems to be in the USA only, as far as I know...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

And here I thought THIS SITE was the best site ever.......  Hmmmmm,  I guess I was mistaken :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Trevor,

You're right, CB is the best, so I revised my original post... :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

I know I posted already about this, but wanted to bring it up again. If you've not had a chance to check it out, you should. I was browsing it this morning and there are so many useful things...of course it depends on what state you're in, but you could always go pick things up that are worth it.

Here is an example for me: Karen and I wanted to add another Mercury Vapor lamp fixture to our driveway area. However, since the commies of our government outlawed Mercury Vapor, you cannot buy the lamp anymore, just the bulbs...I know, makes no sense right. Anyway, I found a lamp fixture with everything, including a bulb for $10 on the surplus site. Funny thing is, it was the government selling it...yep, I know. The $10 bucks was so cheap; you cannot even buy a bulb for under $30.

Finally, that was my funny story, but in all seriousness, there are a lot of things on there for cheap prices; although, you have to check it often for new posted items. You won't find sim stuff, but there are computers, monitors, networking devices, air conditioners, generators, hydraulic units that could be used for motion platforms, and oh, there is even a green airport fire truck listed right now, so it kind of counts...lol.

John

blueskydriver

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I didn't realize this before, but this is also located in Canada, as well as the USA. Here is the complete list of states/areas; if you go to the site and select a state, you'll see the cities/counties for those states that have items for sale:

All
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Washington D.C.
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories
Nova Scotia
Nunavut
Ontario
Prince Edward Island
Quebec
Saskatchewan
Yukon

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Check this out:

http://m.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1047235

Talk about a great sim starter right there...

John

Edit: If you click on the photo in the top left corner, it'll lead you to the other photos relating to the aircraft...like the cockpit.

hexpope

USA have all the best sites. Shame there isn't anything like this here in Europe.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate