Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 05:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
587 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 594
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FlyEngravity & Simworld panels

Started by wpslider, December 09, 2013, 01:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpslider

Hello,

Anyone here has panels from both FlyEngravity and Simworld?

I have two panel samples from Simworld and ordered the MIP and pedestal panels. They are superb, but I'm considering Flyengravity for the overhead.
I'm going to use very thin PCB's between the front panel and back plate with warm leds or bulbs(I'm still testing to see which one is the best solution).
One drawback I found from Simworld is the white layer. I don't know any other supplier to compare, just real panels, but I think the white layer from simworld panels is quite thick needing more bulbs/leds to lit them up, thus increasing the load, specially using bulbs.
Anyone here that has both panels can tell me about the experience and panel quality, regarding fitting a real overhead frame and backlight?
I requested a customization from Simword so my panels are fully dzus compatible.

Regards

Humberto

archen

Copied my post from prosim forum

Hello!
I've had Simworld before I changed to fds. Best change ever.
As you say it needs a lot of power to illuminate the panels. I didn't bother to much and changed to fds when I realised how much work it was and I wasn't happy with the result.

A friend did succeed to get pretty good backlight out of the Simworld panels so it's not impossible but he is very talented at such things.

My suggestion is to consider fds before you make any decisions. I've learned the hard way, expensive way.

Anders

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

wpslider

rhysb

I'm pretty sure that the FLYengravity overhead has built in backlighting.

Thanks

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

markfire

Simworld MIP panels backlight ok using LED strips. You just need to put them in the right place

The Overhead should be the same.

Regards

Mark

wpslider

jackpilot

Quote from: markfire on December 10, 2013, 01:27:59 PM
Simworld MIP panels backlight ok using LED strips. You just need to put them in the right place The Overhead should be the same.
Mark

Just remember that the back of the overhead is much more crowded than  a MIP.
(density of hardware and wiring) making it fairly difficult to backlight evenly.

;)

Jack

fordgt40

Jack

I second and third that. If I started again, I would never do my own backlighting!!
Try this link to see what is involved when using led strips - with hindsight I could have simplified the wiring, but even so, it was a massive task

Edit Missing link  :(  http://www.737ng.co.uk/djb/Overhead%20Article.pdf

David

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate