Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:59:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
453 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

P3d V2.....first thoughts.

Started by brianwilliamson, December 13, 2013, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Quote from: Maurice on December 20, 2013, 02:27:28 PM
Quote from: rhysb on December 20, 2013, 12:27:53 PM

Everyone should stop speculating and just go and buy xplane!! :)

I did, and now I know for sure that XP runs like crap in my system. But at least I know and can stop wondering whether I was missing some great things or not.  ;D

Maurice

It would be interesting to take a look at your rendering settings Maurice.   I am happy to if you get it back running, can even jump in over team viewer.    Some of the settings can have a huge impact but not necessary for most stuff.   I do run it and enjoy it on my multipit with 3 27 " 1080p computers but I dial a few things down a bit.  Still looks great and frame rates typically above 20 which is fine.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 20, 2013, 02:32:08 PM

It would be interesting to take a look at your rendering settings Maurice.   I am happy to if you get it back running, can even jump in over team viewer.    Some of the settings can have a huge impact but not necessary for most stuff.   I do run it and enjoy it on my multipit with 3 27 " 1080p computers but I dial a few things down a bit.  Still looks great and frame rates typically above 20 which is fine.

Scott

Sure, I'm game. But this will have to wait until the new year and by then as well, I will hopefully have received the additional memory I ordered.

Thanks,
Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

The more I read about incompatibility issues with P3D v2 and various workarounds the more my head spins.    As much as I am tempted to work on an instance of this beast on my sim the more I read out there on various forums the more I think I will bin it for now.   I also own just about every region of Orbx an I guess most wont work with Prepar3d and will need new installers.   Does this mean paying for these all over again?   And no way I am keeping a whole install of FSXn a drive just so P3D can look at it for files.   oh my gosh....and this is a step forward?

Scott

HarryZ

Quote from: XOrionFE on December 21, 2013, 05:50:22 AM
The more I read about incompatibility issues with P3D v2 and various workarounds the more my head spins.    As much as I am tempted to work on an instance of this beast on my sim the more I read out there on various forums the more I think I will bin it for now.   I also own just about every region of Orbx an I guess most wont work with Prepar3d and will need new installers.   Does this mean paying for these all over again?   And no way I am keeping a whole install of FSXn a drive just so P3D can look at it for files.   oh my gosh....and this is a step forward?

Scott

Scott,

These very issues are what is making a lot of people sit back and wait (3rd party developers as well) before taking the leap and changing their main direction.   In my case, after using FS X for years and all the add-ons, I just can't go ahead with P3D or X Plane and end up suffering the time it would take to get everything compatible again.
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

XOrionFE

Quote from: HarryZ on December 21, 2013, 06:57:32 AM
Quote from: XOrionFE on December 21, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

Scott

Scott,

These very issues are what is making a lot of people sit back and wait (3rd party developers as well) before taking the leap and changing their main direction.   In my case, after using FS X for years and all the add-ons, I just can't go ahead with P3D or X Plane and end up suffering the time it would take to get everything compatible again.

I'm with you Harry.  Not worth it yet.

Scott

markfire

I've got P3d running nicely as a client with FSX as the server. Wideview's working great too but after having a think about all the work involved to get up to speed I think P3D will go onto the laptop for the time being. There's just too much to install onto five pc's plus the time involved trouble shooting when the difference between FSX and P3D is still relatively small (in my opinion).

Rhys keeps nagging me to get onboard with XP and I must admit I'm tempted after seeing the great freeware stuff he's installed, looks great. Again, running and installing everything on five pc's takes it's toll, but I have to agree with him and others that XP is the future. 

Good luck to those out there brave enough to take the plunge : )

Maurice

Quote from: markfire on December 21, 2013, 09:27:53 AM

Rhys keeps nagging me to get onboard with XP and I must admit I'm tempted after seeing the great freeware stuff he's installed, looks great.

It's just a conspiracy by Rhys, Scott and Mike L. among others to hook more users and sell more copies of XP so that more vendors will produce more addons for XP.  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Garys

Even though some worked, I never even considered installing fs9 addons into FSX.  Same goes here. Just isn't smart. We are only 4 weeks out from release. FSX 2 patches before it could even run decently on high end computers. We all remember what was said about it back then. The native installers will come. Orbx has already set out a free roadmap. Sit back relax and enjoy FSX/Xplane for now . Its not going to be all doom and gloom like most of forums would have us believe.

Gary

markfire

@maurice

Ha ha. Yes I think you're right, it's a XP conspiracy! : )

Regarding P3D. I was one of the more positive contribitors in the forums and was expecting more from LM, not a buggy release!  I guess by the time the first patch hits the streets a lot of potential users will have binned or put out to pasture V2.

Horses for courses I guess! 

hexpope

:2cw:

I installed P3DV2 and I must say, that DX11 is a nice treat, it seems to run quite well compared to my FSX. I have FTX Global 1.2 installed and the latest FSUIPC. Mindstar's G1000 works perfectly too, although I had to use the FSXtoP3D installer to get it to install it as their installer isn't for V2.

I love the volumetric clouds and the shadows/HDR etc, it's finally nice to have them without taxing my CPU to the balls and the sim is actually starting to use my GPU.

I know you guys are running multi PC's etc and have a lot of setting up to do if you were to make the move to P3DV2, but if I were in your shoes, I probably stick at what I have, and wait for the 64bit version and then put in the hours and headaches of migrating.

Seeming FSX is dead in the water(Regarding patches, upgrades) hence why I decided to go with P3D and I am looking forward to the 64bit version.

X-Plane is a great simulator no doubt, but regarding my pit, I am better off with P3D as my avionics is based on these simulators and it comes with TV remote support, skype support and if I ever get stuck or need to report a little bug or two.

phil

Do you need wideview for P3d V2 to have 5 different outside views ?
Phil

Nat Crea

QuoteDo you need wideview for P3d V2 to have 5 different outside views ?
Phil

Phil If you tried 5 views from ONE computer in v2, you might as well watch the grass grow...

WideView is for running multiple view on multiple computers.

Nat

phil

Yes i know what wideview does but if you have 5 pc's for 5 otside views  do you still need wideview to set it up. Xplane does not need wideview.
Phil

Nat Crea

QuoteYes i know what wideview does but if you have 5 pc's for 5 otside views  do you still need wideview to set it up....

Yes...(but you already knew that???)

Nat

phil

Sorry i mean do you need wideview for P3dv2 to have 5 different outside views with 5 pc's.
Phil

markfire

Phil

If you use the P3D built in multiple view facility (multi-channel), then the answer is no you don't need wideview, but its tricky to setup and i don't think it works as well as wideview, so i guess the answer is Yes : )

hope that clarifies things.

Mark

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate