Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
731 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 731
Total: 731

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Proper Panels

Started by bernard S, January 25, 2014, 05:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

Another round of the old wet and dry paper

This is an very interesting link and comment for those of us that have 100 percent real panels (light-plates) or need replacement panels (light-plates)... There is nothing more disconcerting to have purchased a simulated panel only to discover that in the heat of the moment you get almost a blurr thus becoming difficult to read....I for one like to be able to read from any position within the flightdeck regardless of the light .. by this this I mean a day time or night time environment

jackpilot

Beware...If you have to read the legend to hit the proper knob or switch, you may not be current on type!!
:D

Jack

Garys

LOL... You should tell that to the pilot who mistook the rudder trim knob for the flightdeck door release switch and sent the plane into a uncontrolled dive  :)

bernard S

Good point JP  just have blank panels/light-plates  without legends they only get in the way if you want to read what they say,, no need for a visual confirmation as part of the process :-)

Garys.. You make a valued point as well that brings up a bigger issue and thats one of training and situational awareness its supposed to full under  :Human Factors and Performance"

What I was trying to get across is that "If" one has A/R parts that need to be tarted up.. or a person wants what I consider  is as close to real as it gets (because in fact they are made the same way) then IMHO that is the place to go and they are actually not at PMA pricing.. Next time I am in the shop I will post side by sides of said panel so you may have a visual reference"

phil744

first off, ive been away for a few days, and was wondering why my flicker account was taking a beating.  Now I think i have discovered why.

Before i continue Bernard, thank you for your kind words, however.

with the 2 attached pictures on your post I assume your trying to show the difference between a real 747 LG panel (first pic) and make a comparison to what i made for you (second pic).

dont want to make you look at all like a tit in front of everyone but you have posted 2 pictures of 2 panels, both that i have made, the first one is taken off virgin atlantics D simulator that i look after, ive also attached a picture i took the night i fitted it, the second picture is one i made for you with your registration number that you requested.

Both panels were made together

suppose i should take it as a compliment when you cant tell the difference between what i make and the real part
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

fsaviator

I can tell you I put your bandwidth to the test.  Very nice panels.  Your work is exceptional.  Thanks for sharing the photos
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate