Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 06:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
364 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 377
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 364
Total: 364

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Where to find real 737 Throttle Quadrants (TQ) ?

Started by sobsidian, February 11, 2014, 09:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sobsidian

Hi,

I have been scowering the inter-webs for a few days and having a hard time besides the obvious ebay, finding scrap yards, or junk yards where one could obtain a real 737 throttle quadrant. I can film all kinds of movies in a "real" 737, yet cannot find out how to collect parts.

Does anyone have any advices besides waiting for someone who is willing to part with theirs? There have got to be places out there that either are holding lots of scrap, or where you could ask them to keep an eye out next time they get a new salvaged plane in.

Garys

Hi Shawn,

APHS (Airline Pilots historical society)
UAM  (universal asset management)
Av-air
Swiss Teknik
Aircraft Demolition
Desert Air spares

Just some places to start. Just a word though, these guys hate simmers wasting their time. Only contact them if your serious about buying parts.

Gary

blueskydriver

I've purchased a B727 Cockpit with just about everything in it and a set of IPECO B737 Seats with J-Rails included from UAM, and a fullset of B737 Circuit Breaker Panels from Swiss Teknik. Both places were very nice to work with.

UAM is more for a complete cockpits facility, but they do have many parts removed or removed upon request, whereas Swiss Teknik has more removed parts on the shelves ready to ship to buyers.

Like Gary says, both places are in the aircraft business, so have money in hand before calling them up for inquires. However, you can get accounts with them based on how much you wish to purchase; although, we're talking about larger items or in quantity.

You're best bet is to ask them if you can visit their facility to see what they have and to put a face with your name. It's more of personal relationship thing, which helps to show that you're committted.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

If you reach out to Nick Louis at APHS you can ask him to put you on the list for one when he gets one in.    You should expect to pay somewhere around $2500-3500 depending on condition and whether it comes with a pedestal or not.   They are not cheap.    Like Gary said though, be really serious before you reach out and if you commit, do not back out of the deal or you will be put on their "dont bother me list".

Scott

sobsidian

Thanks Guys,

I love how this community so very willing to help each other.

That list is very helpful, and I actually reached out to one of the sellers on ebay which turned out to be desert air. So I'm currently working with them on getting something. They are also only 4 hours driving from me so I was hoping to save them the hassle of shipping, but it sounds like the TQ he is getting for me is from a plane in Arkansas.

I'm definitely serious and ready to spend money.

Funny you say they are not super helpful for simmers...because I got that impression and had to nag slightly and offer to pay some extra dough to show I was serious. Hopefully I get something soon.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate