Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 08:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
358 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 398
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

B737 Location of ATC Head Phone Connectors?

Started by sluyt050, February 12, 2014, 01:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sluyt050

Hi,

Any suggestions what is the most realistic location for the Head Phone Connectors in my almost finished 737 cockpit?

Thanks,
Edward

mickc

Headsets usually plug in on the inside of the rear edge of the eyebrow liner.

See here:

sluyt050

Hi Mick,
Thanks for your quick response.
Any idea how to control the mic volume? Officially this is done on the Aft OVH Audio Control Panel. I could go that route since potmeters are present on my FDS panel. Another way is to go for a USB solution having controls close to my headset. It could well be that once adjusted in Windows, on the fly volume control is not necessary anymore. What is your experience?
Edward

jackpilot

Use the ACP for switching functions (mechanical) like COM1-2 or NAV/ADF/MRK audio ident and leave the intercom volume and squelch functions to a real intercom unit that you can integrate near the plugs.
GA Intercoms go for +/- $50 on EBay.

Alson Search "intercom" for more info
Cheers
Jack

Jack

dc8flightdeck

on a UAL 727-200 the headset plugs are installed  directly in between the Capt - F/O oxygen regulators and the breaker panel walls

mickc

Quote from: sluyt050 on February 12, 2014, 02:11:37 AM
Hi Mick,
Thanks for your quick response.
Any idea how to control the mic volume? Officially this is done on the Aft OVH Audio Control Panel. I could go that route since potmeters are present on my FDS panel. Another way is to go for a USB solution having controls close to my headset. It could well be that once adjusted in Windows, on the fly volume control is not necessary anymore. What is your experience?

I use the ACPs for the volume of individual audio channels for each location, just as in the real A/C.  Note that the ACP on the Aft Overhead is for the Observer Headset jacks, located hear the jump seat.

sluyt050

Edward

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate