Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:41:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
510 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 510
Total: 510

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Couple updated pictures - 737 nose & throttle

Started by B737NG, April 07, 2014, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B737NG

Thought I'd share a couple pics of work recently completed on my shell and throttle.

Shell is now stripped (as far as I need to go), power washed, and now ready for paint and reconstruction.

The throttle still needs some paint, wiring, and reassembly, but mechanically, all the automation is done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

Karl737

Very very nice Steve!

I must say, there is nothing quite like the real deal  8)

Cheers,
Karl

FredK

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Sam Llorca

N737AG

Great setup Steve.

I like your idea of placing the 2 autothrottle motor on top of each other. Better use of the little space you have available when using real plane parts.

Axel

B737NG

Couple folks asked for information on specs for some of the equipment I used to motorize my throttle. First, let me thank this forum, as majority of the information was found here!

• Throttle motors: ServoCity 15 RPM Precision Gearmotor (PG12-200P-15RPM)
  • Throttle motors: A&A Polyclutch SAS-20 (adjustable / shaft to shaft / multi-plate)
  • Speed Brake: ServoCity 51RPM Gear Motor (RZ12-56-51RPM) - Yes a DC motor instead of servo!
  • Speed Brake: ServoCity .25inch Metal Chain (12 inch) and 1 connecting link with 16T Aluminum Hub Sprocket (0.250 in)
  • Trim Wheels: ServoCity 303RPM Gear Motor (RZ12-56-303RPM)
  • Trim Wheels: Existing .35inch chain
  • Trim Indicator: Hitec Servo (model unknown) with Standard Spline Sail Arm
  • Cable: 1/8" aircraft cable
  • Cable Balls: Aircraft Spruce Canada (MS20663C BALL AND DOUBLE SHANK)
  • Motor Mounts: ServoCity Aluminum Clamping Motor Mount
  • Pots: Phidgets 1112_1 - Slider 60

Cheers, Steve
Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

N737AG

Awesome Steve. Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

Axel

B737NG

Couple pictures fitting my new Flight Deck Solutions MIP / Glare into my 737 shell. I received it unpainted so I could make the required modifications to have it installed. Couple minor mods to go, then the MIP goes back to FDS for paint. During that time, the interior of my shell will get painted as well.

Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

B737NG

Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

Nat Crea

quid246

Steve,

Just wondering how you linked the throttle to the slider pots.  Seems to be quite a saving over using string pots, I'm rebuilding a quadrant and think this would be beneficial info for builders to have.

As an offside for builders, the 1/8" cable mentioned above will work but will be a really tight fit in the OEM spindles.  OEM is 3/32 wire and uses a SA110-3 plain ball to keep the wire locked into the thruster cable channel.

727737Nut

Quote from: quid246 on October 04, 2014, 06:39:08 AM
Steve,

Just wondering how you linked the throttle to the slider pots.  Seems to be quite a saving over using string pots, I'm rebuilding a quadrant and think this would be beneficial info for builders to have.

As an offside for builders, the 1/8" cable mentioned above will work but will be a really tight fit in the OEM spindles.  OEM is 3/32 wire and uses a SA110-3 plain ball to keep the wire locked into the thruster cable channel.

Don't use slider pots.  Never last and a pain to set up.  Use this instead! ;)
http://www.andymark.com/product-p/am-2674.htm
737 Junkie

quid246

I have tonnes of retractable lanyards, good turn pots... too bad I didn't have a 3D printer!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate