Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:48:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
570 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Acme 1080 ST Projector.

Started by brianwilliamson, May 09, 2014, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

Just wondering if anyone who has tried out the Acme 1080 ST projector has some information on how well it performs on a curved screen with 3 projectors.

I am looking at upgrading as the 1280 x 800 is a little grainy for my liking so would appreciate any details on these projectors, as they may fit, although I am a little sceptical of the specs on them at this stage.

Regards...................Brian W.

3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

HarryZ

Quote from: brianwilliamson on May 09, 2014, 09:05:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone who has tried out the Acme 1080 ST projector has some information on how well it performs on a curved screen with 3 projectors.

I am looking at upgrading as the 1280 x 800 is a little grainy for my liking so would appreciate any details on these projectors, as they may fit, although I am a little sceptical of the specs on them at this stage.

Regards...................Brian W.

Hi Brian,

From what I see, ACME is a re-seller of different brands of projectors. I looked for throw data for "ACME" but the brand was not included in the charts.  Do you have the manufacturer of the particular 1080 unit you mentioned?

I know what you mean when you compare the 1280 with the HD units. I have installed the 1080s in commercial jobs and have a 1280 at home in my sim....kind of disappointing to fly with the 1280 when you know how nice a 1080 looks!
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

FredK

Throw ratio is stated as 0.8:1. Based on appearance and specs it seems to be the same Chinese manufacturer that Nat (NatVis) sources his customized units from.  But Nat is best to comment on all that.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Jon Boe

The NatVis HD projector have a throw ratio of 0.61.  I have used them in two projects to date and the results are stunning.

Jon
B737 MAX.  FDS DSDT.  205 degree U Screen, 3-projector system with P3D V4.5.  Sim-Avionics software.

quid246

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Amazing-2800lumens-3D-3lcd-projector-with-double-HDMI-TV-full-HD-short-throw-projector-1080p-projector/1286517531.html

It's probably that one.

Up top it has a higher throw ratio, but second set of specs down below are probably correct.  These Chinese vendors have a habit of copying and pasting their headers on their ads.

Nat Crea

Just a quick note...(just some facts, not a sales pitch)

There is only ONE manufacturer of these cases and lens's...but you wont find them on the web.
But...there are dozens of re-sellers who put there own nasty lamps, chips, boards etc in them and sell them under various brand names...and honestly they wont last more then a few month's (from personal experience)

Luckily, I have developed a very good relationship with the manufacturer and have them custom modified/built(Osram lamps, long life polarisers, HQV  boards etc) for me for almost two years now and running in many FDS Sims.
Jon Boe has installed 6 of mine earlier this year too, and If Jon is happy that says something :)

Anyway... the Acme price is a bargain...but  you get what you pay for.

Nat

FredK

Nat -

Thanks for clarifying all that!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

HarryZ

QuoteAnyway... the Acme price is a bargain, but  you get what you pay for.

Nat

Ain't that the truth!!  I get questions all the time from simmers who want to upgrade their visual system but don't want to get the proper equipment but instead purchase that "super deal" they saw on the internet that is sometimes 1/2 the price of a decent projector.
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

brianwilliamson

Thank you  all for the information on these projectors. Certainly worth investigating I thought and as to the quality, that always remains a problem.

I have 3 Benq 811ST's and I noticed black specs all over the screen just recently, which was a failure of the DMD chip, apparently they had a batch of these from a U.S. company that were faulty.

So I had to pull it apart and install a later model chip. The fun of it all !!

Just got P3D 2.2 running on the sim so now to see if an upgrade is worth the better visuals.

Regards....................Brian W.
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate